Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

33 Warframes soon time to maybe increase default amount of warframe slots?

RustGear

2 hours ago, armedpoop said:

Players should NOT have to go to outside sources to understand something as basic and as important as slots. (or for the knowledge that they NEED slots)

Players aren't that stupid.

2 hours ago, armedpoop said:

DE makes their money off of many other things in the market, like nice deluxe skins, or even tennogen. Nobody is saying that 20p is too much for a slot. 

DE makes no money of deluxe skins.  They make their money off people buying plat.  You may say "It's the same thing."  It most certainly is not.  There are many players who play the game that have the skins, tons of slots, lots of mods, and so on who haven't spent a dime.  They generate their plat in game.

DE gets a small slice from tennogen.  Steam & the author get their cuts as well.

On 5/1/2017 at 11:25 PM, RustGear said:

As a long time player I have been able to keep on top of the warframe collecting and as a result am well aware that you simply cannot just have an insanely small selection of frames for constant use as each has their uses and are suitable for different playstyles. With such a large selection of warframes (can also include weapons in this if you so wish) which is ever growing my suggestion is instead of practially forcing new players to cram all their startup plat and maybe more into slots is maybe increase the starting slots allowing more people to enjoy the game and reduce the need to sophie's choice their frames(/weapons).

Edit: since some people seem to be miss understanding me i'm only suggesting maybe increasing default slots to around 4-5, this is neglegable on a devs need money basis as i believe player retention is important and only having 2 default slots for warframes when there are going to be 33 warframes on offer will hurt this.

P.S. feel free to re-locate this thread if in wrong section, i thought it would be appropriate here.

Many Warframe types doesn't make each individual one less important or relevant. Therefore, there is no need to be allowed to build more of them easily. Being forced to actually use a Warframe for longer than a few hours it's something that every new player has to learn. Otherwise they may never learn to properly play it by it's strengths.

14 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Players aren't that stupid.

DE makes no money of deluxe skins.  They make their money off people buying plat.  You may say "It's the same thing."  It most certainly is not.  There are many players who play the game that have the skins, tons of slots, lots of mods, and so on who haven't spent a dime.  They generate their plat in game.

DE gets a small slice from tennogen.  Steam & the author get their cuts as well.

Youd be surprised how ignorant NEW players can be. People buy plat to then buy the deluxe skins. The "tons of players" who generate their plat without buying it is not a number we can even guesstimate, and I fail to realize what those players have to do with NEW players? 

The point of Tennogen is that its a source of income. Doesnt matter how the cuts are, im sure its significant enough for DE to allow it and profit from it. 

Edited by armedpoop

31 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Not really.  To someone walking around with several thousand plat, sure.

To the millions of new guys that drop that first $5 each "just to buy a little plat to expand their inventory a bit", that significant coinage.

Okay, tell me how far 5 Warframe slots will take you... It is not like I am saying that these players will never buy slots, if they choose to stay they will have to buy slots (Don't forget that weapon slots are a thing). Increasing the base amount could increase the amount of plat people buy because less will be off put by a feeling of "pay to win", stay longer, and feel more confident in shelling out cash (as opposed to just leaving the game).

And let us not forget the true and 100% P2W endgame, Fashionframe.

26 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

There are many players who play the game that have the skins, tons of slots, lots of mods, and so on who haven't spent a dime.  They generate their plat in game.

Ummm, you do know where that plat came from, right? There is one way and one way only for plat to enter the market, and that is through someone shelling out cash. That is the beauty of the market for DE, it does not matter to them if players are able to accumulate thousands upon thousands of plat without spending a dime because all of that plat was initially purchased. Why more games have not gone with this business model is beyond me.

Edited by DrBorris

How about a compromise:  You start with 2 warframe slots and 10 weapon slots at MR0,  but you get another 1 warframe slot and 2 weapon slots for free at every 5th mastery rank.

Edited by Momaw

8 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Okay, tell me how far 5 Warframe slots will take you..

It'll let a player keep 5 warframes.  I like to continually swap and play different warframes.  I know I'm in the minority there.  I know plenty of players that cycle around three warframes.  They keep their three "best" warframes with their three "best" sets of weapons and that's all they want.  Everything else they either don't build or they sell immediately after leveling.

8 hours ago, DrBorris said:

It is not like I am saying that these players will never buy slots, if they choose to stay they will have to buy slots

Everyone thinks that DE makes all of their money from the high MR tenno that stay a long time.  While I'm sure they make the bulk of it that way, everyone discounts the millions of new players that spends $5 or $10 for a few slots.  The more slots you provide players with, the less chance they'll buy plat because they have longer to evaluate the game without having to buy anything.

9 hours ago, DrBorris said:

And let us not forget the true and 100% P2W endgame, Fashionframe.

Maybe that generates plat.  Maybe it doesn't.  I don't buy tennogen stuff because it is much too expensive for what it is.  Sell a helm for $2 or a syandana for $3 and I'm in.  Sell a helm for $6, nope.  I haven't purchased plat in well over a year (75% discount in 15) and I have just about everything other than founder's gear.  I don't think I'm alone in either.

Ummm, you do know where that plat came from, right? There is one way and one way only for plat to enter the market, and that is through someone shelling out cash.

True, but the more plat there is the less of a need there is to buy it.  Let's look at extremes.  If there was only a thousand plat in the game, it couldn't function and players would have to buy plat.  If there was 100 billion plat in the game, then there is less of a need for players to buy plat.

That is the beauty of the market for DE, it does not matter to them if players are able to accumulate thousands upon thousands of plat without spending a dime because all of that plat was initially purchased. Why more games have not gone with this business model is beyond me.

Well, yeah.

9 hours ago, armedpoop said:

Youd be surprised how ignorant NEW players can be. People buy plat to then buy the deluxe skins.

Exactly.  DE makes money when people buy plat, not when they buy deluxe skins.  They are two very different and distinct actions.

The "tons of players" who generate their plat without buying it is not a number we can even guesstimate, and I fail to realize what those players have to do with NEW players? 

It shows that the act of buying deluxe skins doesn't generate income for DE.

The point of Tennogen is that its a source of income. Doesnt matter how the cuts are, im sure its significant enough for DE to allow it and profit from it. 

Duh.  That's why they do it.

You guys don't realize noobs don't think about buying more slots, thats if even they know you only start with two... So they spend it on something else since they more than likely don't know that they can only have two warframes unless you buy more slots.

On 5/4/2017 at 1:03 PM, Sniper2458 said:

You guys don't realize noobs don't think about buying more slots, thats if even they know you only start with two... So they spend it on something else since they more than likely don't know that they can only have two warframes unless you buy more slots.

Do you think that's by accident?

On 5/4/2017 at 0:01 AM, DrBorris said:

Okay, tell me how far 5 Warframe slots will take you... It is not like I am saying that these players will never buy slots, if they choose to stay they will have to buy slots (Don't forget that weapon slots are a thing). Increasing the base amount could increase the amount of plat people buy because less will be off put by a feeling of "pay to win", stay longer, and feel more confident in shelling out cash (as opposed to just leaving the game).

The real question is where the bottleneck happens because you get slots from the mastery rank ups.

As for the starting plat.. why not make a tutorial of essential things people need? Or even explain what plat is? 

When i first started i just assumed it was another resourse i could farm so i spent all of mine on silly things. (Potatos for my starter weapons i think) and then found out later i actually needed to buy slots. Even a warning like "you are about to use item shop currency. Are you sure you want to buy this?" Would help more.