Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to write a good feedback thread and keep it: A tutorial by D20

LascarCapable

On 1/15/2018 at 11:03 AM, DarkFang115 said:

I think DE should do a Armour 2.0 because resistance element mods are quite useless and no one puts them in frames. So i think they be buff or just not included in the game.

And at the beginning, the tutorial should explain more mods and armour

Make a new thread about it ^^ I'm on board

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2017 at 5:55 PM, AnzeBozic said:

Is it just me or would anyone else rate those title examples from okey to awesome just the other way? I mean i like titles to be short, simple that tell you what its about and nothing more, because everything more to me seems like sugar coating. Especially when someone uses a full text sentence for a title.

What i also dont like when it comes to titles is something that you D20 do, and thats adding "by D20" at the end of your topic title. As soon as i saw it i rolled my eyes, cuz for some reason that just seems egoistic to me (i mean the author is literally already mentioned right below the title by default on these forums).

But i was interested in subject so i still checked it. And whats the first thing i see? You mentioning all those titles (from which i "perhaps remember you") of your other topics here that all end with "by D20", well exept for last one ... but even there you dont do it any favor by that because instead you refer to yourself directly in title, which seems even more egoistic to me. Ofc i rolled my eyes there again.

Oh yeah and before all that you also said "My name is D20". Like i already failed to see that in the title, under title or above your profile picture (maybe i missed a few more cluse but meh whos even counting?).

Just throwing this out there, but you know who Troy McLure is, right? D20's intro is a joke, likely intended to set a mood for the rest of the post. A bit of creative writing goes a long way towards making long, boring lists of information more palatable. Unless your an accountant, in which case, "42".😁

D20, nicely written, your effort is appreciated.

Edit: noob fail. Wasn't paying attention to dates 😔 Apologize for time traveling lol

Edited by (PS4)Fehlany
Clarification

• 3 months later...

I understand that people can be upset when they leave feedback, but can't this be understood from both directions?

The players are DE's patrons, and I'd like to think that if I were DE, I'd understand it in the opposite direction. And not only that, learn to not take it personally and instead accept the angst/fury as passionate frustration.

If a lot of people are leaving frustrated feedback I'd actually appreciate that as pure honesty.

Additionally if a lot of people are really upset, I'd like to think that instead of DE being taken aback that de pwayers are bweing mean to mee, be worried that these customers don't have to remain your customers.

If I ran a business and my customers were upset about something, I'd want to know that they were upset, and I would see about fixing the things that make them upset as the priority. So actually, while abuse needs to be punished, I wouldn't want the feedback to be very filtered.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-06-24 at 2:45 AM, Hokibukisa said:

The players are DE's patrons, and I'd like to think that if I were DE, I'd understand it in the opposite direction. And not only that, learn to not take it personally and instead accept the angst/fury as passionate frustration.

Only actual saints are truly capable of that. The problem with angry feedback (any feedback really) is that it's painful to read\listen to no matter the topic, if you're a creator. On top of that, it's incredibly easy to ignore if there's any barrier between you and consumers. Like "community management" for example, whose work is basically just that: to shield creators from the community. Which, if they do their job "well" could lead to complete disconnect between the creators and consumers of their work; especially if creators aren't saints and don't actively seek painful feedback behind community management's backs.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

On 2018-07-03 at 12:43 PM, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Only actual saints are truly capable of that. The problem with angry feedback (any feedback really) is that it's painful to read\listen to no matter the topic, if you're a creator. On top of that, it's incredibly easy to ignore if there's any barrier between you and consumers. Like "community management" for example, whose work is basically just that: to shield creators from the community. Which, if they do their job "well" could lead to complete disconnect between the creators and consumers of their work; especially if creators aren't saints and don't actively seek painful feedback behind community management's backs.

I get that, but this thread just came off a bit bourgeois, like how to address DE if you know what I mean.

This is a symbiotic relationship, and nobody wants to feel like the other is doing us a favor~

Feedback can be harsh but I read an article a while back that most players don't leave feedback they just leave. And most feedback is negative and often times passionate, because people don't feel compelled to complain about minor irritants. So most feedback is likely going to be about a non-minor irritant because it irritated them enough to post about it.

All I'm saying is that DE shouldn't take it personally and should actually come to appreciate negative feedback because its less filtered.
I shouldn't have to butter them up to point out that the armor scaling on enemies is completely broken and short-range melee weapons are pointless. 😛

7 hours ago, Hokibukisa said:

I get that, but this thread just came off a bit bourgeois, like how to address DE if you know what I mean.

Well it is exactly that. You must sugarcoat every sentence with phrases like: "I know DE are trying their hardest", "the story was great", "I believe in DE", etc. Basically all the irrelevant nonsense that comes before a caveat. Or risk to be considered "salty", "toxic", or whatever, and asked to "leave if you don't like something". Not by DE themselves, of course, but there's enough bleeding hearts in the community, on the forum or reddit in particular.

Fun fact is, however, that your constructive and polite feedback, if ever has any effect on anybody, is absolutely nothing compared to an outrage that happens on every platform, when DE happen to really screw something up. That's when people are heard! I'd say that's the only case when people are heard: multishot taking ammo; 6m vacuum; eximus weak spots; damage 2.5; etc. If it could be silenced or ignored, like with Universal Vacuum, it will be silenced and ignored of course. People wanted UV for years, nobody cares... But usually it can't be silenced. Counterintuitively, that's the only kind of feedback that truely works on DE.

Oh, and be happy if whatever you have to say won't be singled out and labeled "bashing the Devs". Literally anything could be silenced under that pretence. It's basically EULA-supported papal infallibility.

EDIT: Here's to walking on eggshells! *cheers*

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

@D20 I am just letting you know that Lazarus Form Recovery was removed from the Chrome store page some time ago. Do not worry though as there is a replacement called Typio. Typio Form Recovery is a great alternative. It would be fantastic if you could update your post with Typio instead of the outdated Lazarus.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/typio-form-recovery/djkbihbnjhkjahbhjaadbepppbpoedaa?hl=en

On another note, it might be worth adding a section/sentence to explain the existence of the Community FAQ created by [DE]Drew recently. I notice many players create feedback on topics like "cross platform play" and other things which can be answered by [DE]Drew's FAQ.

Edited by --Q--Voltage