The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slight delay on 'alerted' status

Narrrz

Stealth gameplay is fun, and rewarding, and i like that it rewards careful shots, but it bugs me slightly that my throwing stars, which can kill an enemy in a split second, rarely - if ever - trigger stealth kills - just because they require multiple hits to score a kill.

It would be nice if there was a brief 'shock' delay when an enemy transitions from an unalert state to being alerted, during which time they still qualify for stealth bonus. A delay of half or even a quarter of a second would be more than sufficient, i imagine, though i have no idea how difficult this would be to implement.

45 minutes ago, Narrrz said:

Stealth gameplay is fun, and rewarding, and i like that it rewards careful shots, but it bugs me slightly that my throwing stars, which can kill an enemy in a split second, rarely - if ever - trigger stealth kills - just because they require multiple hits to score a kill.

It would be nice if there was a brief 'shock' delay when an enemy transitions from an unalert state to being alerted, during which time they still qualify for stealth bonus. A delay of half or even a quarter of a second would be more than sufficient, i imagine, though i have no idea how difficult this would be to implement.

try using Banshee and her 3rd ability, Silence - it slows enemy reactions just like you want! Atleast, that's what it states... I don't think it actually does that

Although, it'd be cool if this existed outside Banshee

Edited by Roominashum

Yeah, kinda weird enemy have incredibly fast reflexes, like a 0.5 second delay would do it, so that you can land a second hit with a gun that is non-hitscan. Cernos prime makes stealth incredibly hard for example, because you need one arrow to kill the enemy or it won't count as stealth kill.

Just now, Genoscythe said:

Yeah, kinda weird enemy have incredibly fast reflexes, like a 0.5 second delay would do it, so that you can land a second hit with a gun that is non-hitscan. Cernos prime makes stealth incredibly hard for example, because you need one arrow to kill the enemy or it won't count as stealth kill.

i still dont understand the design choice of cernos prime - not only does it make stealth harder, it's overall damage is split into each arrow???

1 hour ago, Narrrz said:

It would be nice if there was a brief 'shock' delay when an enemy transitions from an unalert state to being alerted, 

Like an exclamation mark over their heads? lol

This game only gave stealth bonus when we dealt stealth FINISHER on enemies. Killing them in any other way even without alerting enemies = no stealth kill lol

1 hour ago, Narrrz said:

it bugs me slightly that my throwing stars, which can kill an enemy in a split second, rarely - if ever - trigger stealth kills - just because they require multiple hits to score a kill.

This has always bothered me as well.  DE really needs to re-define their meaning of alerted and surprised and so on.  Even if it takes a second to kill something, it is still a kill made so quickly they do not have time to react, much less warn everyone within 50 meters they are being attacked.

23 minutes ago, kyori said:

Like an exclamation mark over their heads? lol

This game only gave stealth bonus when we dealt stealth FINISHER on enemies. Killing them in any other way even without alerting enemies = no stealth kill lol

Incorrect.  Any one-shot kill on an un-alerted enemy counts as a stealth kill and provides a stealth kill affinity bonus.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be having a 500% stealth kill affinity modifier right now, on a spy mission armed with nothing but carrier (no weapon) and a snipe rifle on Loki.  Can't perform stealth finishers without a melee weapon, after all.

A second or so of 'shock' before an enemy becomes alert enough to deny someone a stealth bonus would be nice.  It would make weapons that are stealthy, but not quite strong enough to score a one-hit kill, much easier to level.

44 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

Incorrect.  Any one-shot kill on an un-alerted enemy counts as a stealth kill and provides a stealth kill affinity bonus.

Otherwise, I wouldn't be having a 500% stealth kill affinity modifier right now, on a spy mission armed with nothing but carrier (no weapon) and a snipe rifle on Loki.  Can't perform stealth finishers without a melee weapon, after all.

Yeah, but one of the patches made it that it has to be the FIRST bullet, not a second Bullet from Multishot. It's possible, but when enemy level get a little higher (2nd Sortie mission, for example), chaining stealth kills became a little harder since you may need that second bullet of Multishot.

I agree on the little leniency for stealth windows, since split second awareness on the enemies is just weird. Besides, what's the point of a silencer mod on shotguns and burst rifles if you can't use it for stealth anyway...