Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Update 20.4.0

[DE]Megan

38 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Weapon swapping is still bad. It's clunky, it's slow, it's affected by ping, and it doesn't fit the pace of the game. This isn't the solution.

The game is not going to magically turn into DMC if weapon swapping is fast and smooth. It needs an update like Parkour got.

I still say that we need a quick shot button at all times, even when using a primary. Make dual sidearms count as primaries. make alt-fire when using non alt-fire primaries quick-shoot your sidearm, make sidearms passively regenerate ammo when shot like this.

1 hour ago, Gelkor said:

This is nice and all but can you please fix Nekros' Shadows counting as targets for Renewal/costing as 8 more targets? Right now playing with a Nekros basically means you can't use Renewal/have to turn it off instantly because of the the MASSIVE energy drain of 8 more targets. And if you have two Nekros it's basically a no-go forever.

This really need to be looked up. Talked about synergy and here we  have Oberon or Necros  have to stop useing one of their ability

Edited by Eyktan_H

15 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

In hind-sight, perhaps we should give DE some positive criticism for taking things one step at a time. All too often, when DE(or any developer) drops a big change all at once, they over- or under-react, and/or over-/ undercompensate for previous changes (it's my personal opinion that they went a little too far with the nerf to nidus and his stacks, but that is a different story). By taking things one step at a time, it gives the community time to play around with and give educated/experienced feedback on these changes.

Still, I would appreciate if DE came out and said that this was the case. Currently, we've mostly just got a very noncommittal remark from Scott stating that he wanted to "leave it over the weekend to give people time to form opinions"... While this latest change means they are still looking at him, the remark gave many of us the idea that DE was done with oberon, but didn't want to upset the playerbase by outright saying so, and I believe it disappoints many of us oberon players, as his kit still has many problems, the biggest and most glaring of which is the mess of an ability they've made out of renewal.

Iteration is how it should be done, yes, but steps this small dishearten the community, disinterest the designers, and take much longer than necessary to reach an appropriate design. You reach the end goal faster by taking larger initial steps, even though that risks going too far. As long as iteration continues, overstepping isn't a problem. It's the same concept as, say, a bisecting search algorithm.

On an aesthetics note, Hallowed Ground now looks really weird. I was basing my Oberon's aesthetics on spriggans in Skyrim, so I was using a warm orange energy color. Now it looks like Hallowed Ground is actually infecting the ground. Huh.

14 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

I still say that we need a quick shot button at all times, even when using a primary. Make dual sidearms count as primaries. make alt-fire when using non alt-fire primaries quick-shoot your sidearm, make sidearms passively regenerate ammo when shot like this.

But that would just be clunky, and not a solution to anything. Just make weapon swapping faster and smoother.

Seriously, how it is now, it's not tactical. It encourages you to use one weapon all the time.

15 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Also Hallowed Ground is still horrible looking... but at least now it follows the terrain so enemies cna't just tak a step down and be fine.

It already did, somewhat. Going down wasn't a problem so much as going up. They have the environment scanning volume (or equivalent) sitting too low. As far as I can tell, this update didn't really change anything there.

9 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

I mena I don't want DE to think I'm cungrateful. This will help, and it's a hell of a lot more than Mag or Ash got after their reworks fell flat so... yay? 

Still this is something I would've expected saterday after initial complaints so more data could be gotten beyond 'NEED MORE ENERGY.' 

I'm mostly just disappointed because DE has shown great creativity and invintivness... and this just feels lazy. It feels like 'ok how do I do the east work to make them shut up so we can move on?'

That said again it does help. The fixes to the actual bugs are welcome. I'm sorry. I really am I don't want Scott to personally feel like i"m insulting him as a person. I'm sure he's a great person, hell I know how hard it is to be creative, to make something, and to get eithe a :| Response or worse... no response at all. It can make someone feel like their heart got ripped out.

Just... Not even making Oberon be the thing that needs to be on hallowed ground instead of the enemies/targets?

Yeah. Changes to everything energy related for Oberon is quick and easy, and should have been the first thing they did. This update only barely touches his energy problems, so...I don't really know what to say. That was an obvious problem with Oberon, with an easy initial fix, and they still haven't done much to address it.

Edited by Alusdrann

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Weapon swapping is still bad. It's clunky, it's slow, it's affected by ping, and it doesn't fit the pace of the game. This isn't the solution.

The game is not going to magically turn into DMC if weapon swapping is fast and smooth. It needs an update like Parkour got.

Do you have your weapon switch and melee equip separate? I have my F swap between primary and secondary only, and one of my mouse thumb buttons for equip melee. Honestly not that bad. Don't know what you're complaining about, to be up front with you.

2 minutes ago, WingedCrusade said:

Do you have your weapon switch and melee equip separate? I have my F swap between primary and secondary only, and one of my mouse thumb buttons for equip melee. Honestly not that bad. Don't know what you're complaining about, to be up front with you.

Just because you don't have a problem with it doesn't mean there's nothing wrong. There's plenty of feedback about this.

Some much needed love for the Corpus! This is a dream come true. Thanks so much, DE.

Everyone get out your energy weapons, corpus decor, techno music, and robotics. It's time to blast these machines into spare parts...sci-fi style.

Praise the Void, believer.

1 hour ago, Maadguy said:

So we waited a whole week, gave you a ton of constructive feedback and ideas to fix Oberon, and this is what we get? A modified energy pool? Took you this long to come up with this?

This is just honestly insulting, I don't have any other words for this, the community litteraly worked the rework out for you, you just had to follow the posts, but no. Nope, energy buff.

Quoted for emphasis. So far most of the Oberon rework and even certain related comments *cough cough* in the devstream have just been an insult to the community. Get it together, DE.

21 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Just because you don't have a problem with it doesn't mean there's nothing wrong. There's plenty of feedback about this.

Yeah but if it's a problem with lag and internet delay, doesn't that make it an internet/connection issue, not a mechanic problem?

Edited by WingedCrusade

1 minute ago, Alusdrann said:

Quoted for emphasis. So far most of the Oberon rework and even certain related comments *cough cough* in the devstream have just been an insult to the community. Get it together, DE.

Was the degrading tone and bashing really necessary..?

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Oberon Changes & Fixes:

• Increased Oberon's base energy from 100 to 150. 
  • Improved the visibility of Oberon’s Hallowed Ground FX. 
  • Fixed Oberon’s Renewal Energy per target Arsenal stat display not being affected by Efficiency Mods.
  • Fixed Smite projectiles not targeting ragdolled enemies. 
  • Fixed Renewal FX not lasting as long as the ability is active.
  • Fixed Health Regeneration not working after triggering the Phoenix Renewal Augment.
  • Fixed unequipping Oberon not returning Kavat/Kubrow Health to its original value until you enter a mission. 
  • Fixed performance issues from Hallowed Ground.   
  • Fixed some issues with trying to add or remove a Renewal buff from multiple teammates over time rather than all at once.
  • Fixed Renewal not being applied to allies in bleed out as it did previously.

This... did DE done a stealth nerf of removing the ability of renewal to heal cyro-pod? Or is it just me seeing things?

I guess I don't understand all the supposed "Criticisms" by so-called "Oberon Mains" out there. Been playing him nonstop with a new build since the touchups, and I don't have these issues like everyone keeps claiming. He's not a Nidus, He's not a Mag, He's not a Nova, stop trying to spam his fookin' abilities like they are. Moreover you have to actually focus on energy management, it's not that hard. What really makes me laugh though is all the complaints about renewal when it's even easier to heal teams now than it was before. 

Do I think the changes are perfect? No, definitely not. There's still some room for tweaking and working, and I still believe the changes would work better if only Oberon had to stand on the Hallowed Ground for the enhanced 3 and 4 effects. I will however agree that the problem between Oberon and Nekros players really needs to be addressed. It just feels like people are whining more than giving constructive criticisms and waiting. DE is still obviously showing they're still working on Oberon. IF and WHEN they stop giving out changes with glaring problems like the Nekros-Oberon thing still exist, then proceed to complain. 

1 minute ago, MarrikBroom said:

Love the 'scare quotes' trying to 'minimize' how 'we feel.' 

My problem is this is literally the laziest fix that does the least to address the probem. Sure more energy delays the inevetable, but Oberon is energy hungry and has no way to reclaim power. Imagine if Nidus's powers all used energy and his 1 didn't give him any. That's where Oberon is right now.

Scare quotes you say trying to make you seem insignificant huh? Hardly. You're not giving constructive criticism here, you're b*tching. Quite a big difference. Now, tell me, how many warframes actually have energy regen built into their kit like Nidus does? How many in all the many frames we have? Have you even considered using Rage? Most frames rely on their builds and mods versus having things actually built into their kits. This is hardly a new concept.

1 minute ago, MarrikBroom said:

And you're saying literally EVERYONE who has a problem is a pointless useless whiner. Im mot the one insulting here. You are. So please stop alright? That does nothing productive or helpful and you appear to try setting yourself up as somehow better and more worthy than anyone who isn't happy. IF he's in a good place to you? Awesome. Have fun. I don't like where he's at, but he's damned close to where I feel he needs to be, and just slapping more base energy on isn't gonna fix it.

I'm offering what feedback I can based on usage. Said feedback isn't 'he doesn't do enough damage.' It's 'he has no way of gaining power beyond getting punched in the face and literally being a masochist.'

I'm more talking about those that offer to whine versus giving constructive criticism. You're not the Sheriff of the Oberons in the forums, stop acting like you represent the whole when you don't. There are some things, as I said before that I still believe needs to be addressed. You appear to have completely ignored the very concerns I myself posed when talking about Oberon. What gets me, is that people focus too much on "Oberon doesn't do X well enough, and why should I use him for Y when I have this Warframe that does Either, Or, or Both better?". The problem with this is that too many are focusing on the idea that he's not super good at any one thing, so he has to be buffed so he can do them just as well as specialized frames. That is just not the case. 

Take this build for example, though it does require a few forma for the extra polarities, it isn't unheard of to have to forma a warframe to optimize their capabilities:
Transient Fortitude
Primed Continuity
primed Flow
Intensify
Steamline
Rage
Steel Fiber
Vitality

I also have Energy syphon and power drift, but that's because I was able to afford to get said mods. If a person is unable to get those, or have the primed variants of the before-mentioned mods, that's fine, the base mods work well. Oberon has a base 225 Energy now at lvl 30, which is pretty solid. With just a 6/10 Primed Flow, i'm sitting at 488 Energy. Combine that with a maxed vitality and 7/10 Steel fiber, I can regenerate energy extremely easy by using the Passive armor buff Obby can give while Rage is equipped. The only time I've every had energy issues is when facing large numbers of infested due to their tendency to spawn large amounts of Energy Drain Eximus units. 

The only outstanding problems I see Obby having, and this is personal opinion, is needing larger HG range, Make it so Obby has to stand on HG to confer armor buffs and debuffs instead of the respective targets having to do so, possibly add base damage scaling or increase base damage for the orbs on the 1st ability,  and increase the debuffs duration on Ult. He's perfectly fine otherwise. You just can't spam his abilities like he's a nova, nidus, or other (insert warframe here). He's a generalist Support buff/debuffer, he isn't supposed to be able to churn out abilities non-stop when most of his kit works off of using an ability once or twice, not spamming it.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We have made some tweaks to older Warframe Auras. As you may know, an Aura's Mod Rank determines how much additional Mod Capacity you get. We've increased the following Auras form 3 Ranks to 5 Ranks. With this change, we also buffed the Auras: 

• Speed Holster has gone from 80% to 120% at Max Rank.
  • Dead Eye has gone from 35% to 52.5% at Max Rank.
  • EMP Aura has gone from 10% to 15% at Max Rank.
  • Sprint Boost Aura has gone from 10% to 15% at Max Rank. 

So, they used to be useless, and now they're... Still useless. Also, why stop scaling rewards post level 41? I mean, seeing the armor EHP for high lvl enemies, it's clear that you don't know much about how the game scales beyond that point, but still, that's pretty darn low.