Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Update 20.4.0

[DE]Megan

So we waited a whole week, gave you a ton of constructive feedback and ideas to fix Oberon, and this is what we get? A modified energy pool? Took you this long to come up with this?

This is just honestly insulting, I don't have any other words for this, the community litteraly worked the rework out for you, you just had to follow the posts, but no. Nope, energy buff.

19 minutes ago, TheIgloo said:

But where is the new round of tennogen? i was seriously expecting that to hit with this patch and now im sad

It comes at the same time when consoles get there update because consoles get it when we do now

39 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Octavia’s Anthem: Update 20.4.0

Oberon Changes & Fixes:

• Increased Oberon's base energy from 100 to 150. 
  • Improved the visibility of Oberon’s Hallowed Ground FX. 
  • Fixed Oberon’s Renewal Energy per target Arsenal stat display not being affected by Efficiency Mods.
  • Fixed Smite projectiles not targeting ragdolled enemies. 
  • Fixed Renewal FX not lasting as long as the ability is active.
  • Fixed Health Regeneration not working after triggering the Phoenix Renewal Augment.
  • Fixed unequipping Oberon not returning Kavat/Kubrow Health to its original value until you enter a mission. 
  • Fixed performance issues from Hallowed Ground.   
  • Fixed some issues with trying to add or remove a Renewal buff from multiple teammates over time rather than all at once.
  • Fixed Renewal not being applied to allies in bleed out as it did previously.

This is nice and all but can you please fix Nekros' Shadows counting as targets for Renewal/costing as 8 more targets? Right now playing with a Nekros basically means you can't use Renewal/have to turn it off instantly because of the the MASSIVE energy drain of 8 more targets. And if you have two Nekros it's basically a no-go forever.

9 minutes ago, KX297 said:

Wait, so these are the Oberon changes?

Please tell me this isn't all you plan on doing.

And what about all the great feedback the community gave? Are you guys just gonna ignore it?

No offense, but this is pretty lame.

I'm really hoping you guys don't just leave Oberon now and say he's fine, because he still has very distinct issues. A simple increase in his energy pool won't resolve those...

Some information or comments regarding his current state and any plans for his future would be appreciated not only by me, but also by those who made some great posts about Oberon. 

Edit;

I don't want to sound rude or anything, but this really looks like you guys are trying to take an easy/lazy way out when it come to Oberon. Again, maybe you guys have more plans and just wanted to focus on the event? I don't know, but I'd really like some information on what you guys at DE think of Oberon.

It didn't really need more energy ... just spamming more health so I can use equilibrium ... or to allow energy auras to work with the 3rd ... I'm an Oberon player, I love it, but today I tried Nekros alone in a 40min Orokin survival and it's kinda immortal compared to Oberon. 

46 minutes ago, LokiTheCondom said:

The changes are nice and all, but nothing about tweaking Reckoning's chance to drop health orbs? The only time the health orbs will possibly drop is using his fourth on lower-level missions, where the orbs will hardly be helpful. Using it on higher levels won't do jack for Health Conversion builds since it's nearly impossible to have enemies get killed by Reckoning.

5 minutes ago, Deva.Gamer said:

Poor Broberon :awkward::facepalm:

23 minutes ago, SniperXL182 said:

For some reason when i press at the event icon nothing pops up, is that normal that its only saying "ambulas reborn"  and the event is empty?

6 minutes ago, Deva.Gamer said:

Hey guys! 

To find Ambulas go to open-air Corpus regions (Corpus Outpost, etc.), you can collect Animo Beacons from Ambulas encounters there. 

More info on the Operation here: 

19 minutes ago, Maadguy said:

So we waited a whole week, gave you a ton of constructive feedback and ideas to fix Oberon, and this is what we get? A modified energy pool? Took you this long to come up with this?

This is just honestly insulting, I don't have any other words for this, the community litteraly worked the rework out for you, you just had to follow the posts, but no. Nope, energy buff.

Ya, this is what I kinda feel like.

Maybe they are just focusing on the event and have more coming? 

If that is so, they really should make a statement regarding his current iteration.

Oberon Changes & Fixes:

• Improved the visibility of Oberon’s Hallowed Ground FX. 
  • Fixed Oberon’s Renewal Energy per target Arsenal stat display not being affected by Efficiency Mods.
  • Fixed Smite projectiles not targeting ragdolled enemies. 
  • Fixed Renewal FX not lasting as long as the ability is active.
  • Fixed Health Regeneration not working after triggering the Phoenix Renewal Augment.
  • Fixed unequipping Oberon not returning Kavat/Kubrow Health to its original value until you enter a mission. 
  • Fixed performance issues from Hallowed Ground.   
  • Fixed some issues with trying to add or remove a Renewal buff from multiple teammates over time rather than all at once.
  • Fixed Renewal not being applied to allies in bleed out as it did previously.

Thanks for fixing !!! I am waiting for OBERON PRIME !!! 

<3 <3 <3 MEGAN <3 <3 <3 

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Speed Holster has gone from 80% to 120% at Max Rank.

Weapon swapping is still bad. It's clunky, it's slow, it's affected by ping, and it doesn't fit the pace of the game. This isn't the solution.

The game is not going to magically turn into DMC if weapon swapping is fast and smooth. It needs an update like Parkour got.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

42 minutes ago, KX297 said:

Wait, so these are the Oberon changes?

Please tell me this isn't all you plan on doing.

And what about all the great feedback the community gave? Are you guys just gonna ignore it?

No offense, but this is pretty lame.

I'm really hoping you guys don't just leave Oberon now and say he's fine, because he still has very distinct issues. A simple increase in his energy pool won't resolve those...

Some information or comments regarding his current state and any plans for his future would be appreciated not only by me, but also by those who made some great posts about Oberon. 

Edit;

I don't want to sound rude or anything, but this really looks like you guys are trying to take an easy/lazy way out when it come to Oberon. Again, maybe you guys have more plans and just wanted to focus on the event? I don't know, but I'd really like some information on what you guys at DE think of Oberon.

It IS insulting, hopefully this is not what his final state.

Edited by Windy_Wind

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Oberon Changes & Fixes:

After all the feedback and criticism, this is all you're going to do with not even a word that he's still WIP? Please, DE, drop the ball harder...

1 hour ago, _Mr.Robot said:

so you are saying oberon is still bad? NICE

1 hour ago, Koed said:

Guess Oberon will never make his way out of the dumpster...

My thoughts exactly at this point.

40 minutes ago, Maadguy said:

Inb4 Scott's "Give them an inch and they want a mile"

hmm... so, What I see in the changelogs is that, oberon's renewal is still a net nerf, and only now does it even work as intended. Also, I notice no mention of fixing his actual energy consumption in renewal, only the display UI for it. This means that renewal STILL has an energy drain of 14 when affecting a full squad, not counting specters, rescue/sortie defense targets, invasion allies, and summoned minions, which, all-told, can result in energy drains that will still sap my energy far too fast to be even remotely effective.

Once more: the old delivery mechanism of homing orbs had very few problems with it: The complaint was always with the channeled drain that made using it so clunky. The channeled drain is still there: in fact, it's the whole ability now. Do a U-turn, DE... you've surely got the old oberon code lying around out there, put it to use in making oberon a truly good frame.

13 minutes ago, Alusdrann said:

After all the feedback and criticism, this is all you're going to do with not even a word that he's still WIP? Please, DE, drop the ball harder...

In hind-sight, perhaps we should give DE some positive criticism for taking things one step at a time. All too often, when DE(or any developer) drops a big change all at once, they over- or under-react, and/or over-/ undercompensate for previous changes (it's my personal opinion that they went a little too far with the nerf to nidus and his stacks, but that is a different story). By taking things one step at a time, it gives the community time to play around with and give educated/experienced feedback on these changes.

Still, I would appreciate if DE came out and said that this was the case. Currently, we've mostly just got a very noncommittal remark from Scott stating that he wanted to "leave it over the weekend to give people time to form opinions"... While this latest change means they are still looking at him, the remark gave many of us the idea that DE was done with oberon, but didn't want to upset the playerbase by outright saying so, and I believe it disappoints many of us oberon players, as his kit still has many problems, the biggest and most glaring of which is the mess of an ability they've made out of renewal.

It's just a feedback, I don't want to be rude, I don't want to be repetitive but we need to remove the stigma from Oberon or the prime version will never sell ...

> If enemies are hit by the Oberon 3rd they will drop a health orb? ... or maybe if enemies die on a hallowed ground they will drop an health orb?

> Maybe now I've got too much energy: 450 with Flow ... I mean I will use Quick thinking & rage and I will never use the 3rd from now on (no synergy, nothing... selfish Oberon) 

>Make the 3rd just a health wave base on health max % modified by power str? and give a timed armor buff ?

Edited by Alex_Welter

I was really hoping to see something about the shield gating coming in.  REALLY hoping for that, in fact.

It'd be quite nice to see gating for Overshields and Shields as seperate things.  That might make Overshields more of a thing.