Jump to content
[DE]Megan

Octavia’s Anthem: Update 20.4.0

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Weapon swapping is still bad. It's clunky, it's slow, it's affected by ping, and it doesn't fit the pace of the game. This isn't the solution.

The game is not going to magically turn into DMC if weapon swapping is fast and smooth. It needs an update like Parkour got.

I still say that we need a quick shot button at all times, even when using a primary. Make dual sidearms count as primaries. make alt-fire when using non alt-fire primaries quick-shoot your sidearm, make sidearms passively regenerate ammo when shot like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed a crashed caused by a poor corrupt cache being further abused from someone bypassing the launcher.

well thanks, took you guys long enough

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gelkor said:

This is nice and all but can you please fix Nekros' Shadows counting as targets for Renewal/costing as 8 more targets? Right now playing with a Nekros basically means you can't use Renewal/have to turn it off instantly because of the the MASSIVE energy drain of 8 more targets. And if you have two Nekros it's basically a no-go forever.

This really need to be looked up. Talked about synergy and here we  have Oberon or Necros  have to stop useing one of their ability

Edited by Eyktan_H
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't need a reaction. I'm just venting. Oberon's 'rework' hit a week ago. They asked for feedback and let us know after a weekend of data they'd do final tweaks. Better than nothing is what I would call it. 'oh everyone's going on and on about energy economy let's just give him more energy and call it good right?' Let's not FIX why he's sucking down power faster than linsey lohan doing a line of coke. let's just ignore the fact his synergy is forced dependancy rather than naturalistic, adding clunk to his kit. Let's just IGNORE how smite technically gets weaker as a damage dealer the more power strength you have, and yes let's ignore the fact for this 'synergy' to work you need to targets you have no control over to stand on a too short carpet for making them stand on the thing.'

After seventy five pages of feedback, after SEVERAL prominent youtubers went on about the problems Oberon has, and several very minor rejuggling suggestions made... 

I'm sory. I really am because this is more than Ash or Mg got, but aftrer Limbo knocked it out of the park (post cataclysm nerf because that was genuinley OP) this is the best you can do? This is the best you're giving us? Smething that could've been released literally as a point release.

I'm stuck between anger, frustration, 'why bother' and 'Now what.'

Thanks Scott for at least tossing us a few scraps?

Also Hallowed Ground is still horrible looking... but at least now it follows the terrain so enemies cna't just tak a step down and be fine.

 

As for the event itself. So far I'm liking it. Brisk pacing, I do it as part of doing othe things so it's less farming ambulus and more 'oh hey you're farming cryotic? have a little ambulus on the side.'

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

In hind-sight, perhaps we should give DE some positive criticism for taking things one step at a time. All too often, when DE(or any developer) drops a big change all at once, they over- or under-react, and/or over-/ undercompensate for previous changes (it's my personal opinion that they went a little too far with the nerf to nidus and his stacks, but that is a different story). By taking things one step at a time, it gives the community time to play around with and give educated/experienced feedback on these changes.

Still, I would appreciate if DE came out and said that this was the case. Currently, we've mostly just got a very noncommittal remark from Scott stating that he wanted to "leave it over the weekend to give people time to form opinions"... While this latest change means they are still looking at him, the remark gave many of us the idea that DE was done with oberon, but didn't want to upset the playerbase by outright saying so, and I believe it disappoints many of us oberon players, as his kit still has many problems, the biggest and most glaring of which is the mess of an ability they've made out of renewal.

Iteration is how it should be done, yes, but steps this small dishearten the community, disinterest the designers, and take much longer than necessary to reach an appropriate design. You reach the end goal faster by taking larger initial steps, even though that risks going too far. As long as iteration continues, overstepping isn't a problem. It's the same concept as, say, a bisecting search algorithm.

 

On an aesthetics note, Hallowed Ground now looks really weird. I was basing my Oberon's aesthetics on spriggans in Skyrim, so I was using a warm orange energy color. Now it looks like Hallowed Ground is actually infecting the ground. Huh.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

I still say that we need a quick shot button at all times, even when using a primary. Make dual sidearms count as primaries. make alt-fire when using non alt-fire primaries quick-shoot your sidearm, make sidearms passively regenerate ammo when shot like this.

But that would just be clunky, and not a solution to anything. Just make weapon swapping faster and smoother.

Seriously, how it is now, it's not tactical. It encourages you to use one weapon all the time.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alusdrann said:

Iteration is how it should be done, yes, but steps this small dishearten the community, disinterest the designers, and take much longer than necessary to reach an appropriate design. You reach the end goal faster by taking larger initial steps, even though that risks going too far. As long as iteration continues, overstepping isn't a problem. It's the same concept as, say, a bisecting search algorithm.

 

On an aesthetics note, Hallowed Ground now looks really weird. I was basing my Oberon's aesthetics on spriggans in Skyrim, so I was using a warm orange energy color. Now it looks like Hallowed Ground is actually infecting the ground. Huh.

I mean I don't want DE to think I'm ungrateful. This will help, and it's a hell of a lot more than Mag or Ash got after their reworks fell flat so... yay? 

Still this is something I would've expected saterday after initial complaints so more data could be gotten beyond 'NEED MORE ENERGY.' 

I'm mostly just disappointed because DE has shown great creativity and invintivness... and this just feels lazy. It feels like 'ok how do I do the east work to make them shut up so we can move on?'

That said again it does help. The fixes to the actual bugs are welcome. I'm sorry. I really am I don't want Scott to personally feel like i"m insulting him as a person. I'm sure he's a great person, hell I know how hard it is to be creative, to make something, and to get eithe a :| Response or worse... no response at all. It can make someone feel like their heart got ripped out.

Just... Not even making Oberon be the thing that needs to be on hallowed ground instead of the enemies/targets?

Edited by MarrikBroom
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

Also Hallowed Ground is still horrible looking... but at least now it follows the terrain so enemies cna't just tak a step down and be fine.

It already did, somewhat. Going down wasn't a problem so much as going up. They have the environment scanning volume (or equivalent) sitting too low. As far as I can tell, this update didn't really change anything there.

 

9 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

I mena I don't want DE to think I'm cungrateful. This will help, and it's a hell of a lot more than Mag or Ash got after their reworks fell flat so... yay? 

Still this is something I would've expected saterday after initial complaints so more data could be gotten beyond 'NEED MORE ENERGY.' 

I'm mostly just disappointed because DE has shown great creativity and invintivness... and this just feels lazy. It feels like 'ok how do I do the east work to make them shut up so we can move on?'

That said again it does help. The fixes to the actual bugs are welcome. I'm sorry. I really am I don't want Scott to personally feel like i"m insulting him as a person. I'm sure he's a great person, hell I know how hard it is to be creative, to make something, and to get eithe a :| Response or worse... no response at all. It can make someone feel like their heart got ripped out.

Just... Not even making Oberon be the thing that needs to be on hallowed ground instead of the enemies/targets?

Yeah. Changes to everything energy related for Oberon is quick and easy, and should have been the first thing they did. This update only barely touches his energy problems, so...I don't really know what to say. That was an obvious problem with Oberon, with an easy initial fix, and they still haven't done much to address it.

Edited by Alusdrann
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Weapon swapping is still bad. It's clunky, it's slow, it's affected by ping, and it doesn't fit the pace of the game. This isn't the solution.

The game is not going to magically turn into DMC if weapon swapping is fast and smooth. It needs an update like Parkour got.

Do you have your weapon switch and melee equip separate? I have my F swap between primary and secondary only, and one of my mouse thumb buttons for equip melee. Honestly not that bad. Don't know what you're complaining about, to be up front with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alusdrann said:

It already did, somewhat. Going down wasn't a problem so much as going up. They have the environment scanning volume sitting too low. As far as I can tell, this update didn't really change anything there.

 

Yeah. Changes to everything energy related for Oberon is quick and easy, and should have been the first thing they did. This update only barely touches his energy problems, so...I don't really know what to say. That was an obvious problem with Oberon, with an easy initial fix, and they still haven't done much to address it.

To which I'm already hearing elseforum 'Stop Whining.'

t there will be anything new when Oberon Prime hits, but Maybe?

Oberon is in a better place now than he was, the fixes Do help. I don't want anyone to be mistaken on that count. I was just hoping maybe some of th power interactions would be looked at, and maybe a way to harvest enemies for energy so I wouldn't have to literally be a masochist to play.I'll admit it's more than most frames get, but given the volume of feedback and people making suggestions ranging from minor number juggling, to full on soup to nuts examining how each power interacts and all they did was change the energy value?
 

I just hope another round of tweaks hit to give Oberon better energy economy when Prime hits, but at this stage I doubt it. I'm genuinely surprised at even this since I'd figured 'oh we'll look over the data' was a way to go 'we don't want to say no, but we're not doing anything, so we'll give them this so they'll back off.'

As for the event? Again I'm genuinely happy here as it's not farming the same mission oer and over again. I can take any open corpus tileset on the map and oh hi  there's this additional thing that I can do or ignore.

That's actually something I want to see more of. Can we have more of that please?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WingedCrusade said:

Do you have your weapon switch and melee equip separate? I have my F swap between primary and secondary only, and one of my mouse thumb buttons for equip melee. Honestly not that bad. Don't know what you're complaining about, to be up front with you.

Just because you don't have a problem with it doesn't mean there's nothing wrong. There's plenty of feedback about this.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some much needed love for the Corpus! This is a dream come true. Thanks so much, DE.

Everyone get out your energy weapons, corpus decor, techno music, and robotics. It's time to blast these machines into spare parts...sci-fi style.

Praise the Void, believer.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maadguy said:

So we waited a whole week, gave you a ton of constructive feedback and ideas to fix Oberon, and this is what we get? A modified energy pool? Took you this long to come up with this?

This is just honestly insulting, I don't have any other words for this, the community litteraly worked the rework out for you, you just had to follow the posts, but no. Nope, energy buff.

Quoted for emphasis. So far most of the Oberon rework and even certain related comments *cough cough* in the devstream have just been an insult to the community. Get it together, DE.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Just because you don't have a problem with it doesn't mean there's nothing wrong. There's plenty of feedback about this.

Yeah but if it's a problem with lag and internet delay, doesn't that make it an internet/connection issue, not a mechanic problem?

Edited by WingedCrusade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alusdrann said:

Quoted for emphasis. So far most of the Oberon rework and even certain related comments *cough cough* in the devstream have just been an insult to the community. Get it together, DE.

Was the degrading tone and bashing really necessary..?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Oberon Changes & Fixes:

  • Increased Oberon's base energy from 100 to 150. 
  • Improved the visibility of Oberon’s Hallowed Ground FX. 
  • Fixed Oberon’s Renewal Energy per target Arsenal stat display not being affected by Efficiency Mods.
  • Fixed Smite projectiles not targeting ragdolled enemies. 
  • Fixed Renewal FX not lasting as long as the ability is active.
  • Fixed Health Regeneration not working after triggering the Phoenix Renewal Augment.
  • Fixed unequipping Oberon not returning Kavat/Kubrow Health to its original value until you enter a mission. 
  • Fixed performance issues from Hallowed Ground.   
  • Fixed some issues with trying to add or remove a Renewal buff from multiple teammates over time rather than all at once.
  • Fixed Renewal not being applied to allies in bleed out as it did previously.

This... did DE done a stealth nerf of removing the ability of renewal to heal cyro-pod? Or is it just me seeing things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, low1991 said:

This... did DE done a stealth nerf of removing the ability of renewal to heal cyro-pod? Or is it just me seeing things?

It never healed the defense targets pre or post rework.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I don't understand all the supposed "Criticisms" by so-called "Oberon Mains" out there. Been playing him nonstop with a new build since the touchups, and I don't have these issues like everyone keeps claiming. He's not a Nidus, He's not a Mag, He's not a Nova, stop trying to spam his fookin' abilities like they are. Moreover you have to actually focus on energy management, it's not that hard. What really makes me laugh though is all the complaints about renewal when it's even easier to heal teams now than it was before. 

Do I think the changes are perfect? No, definitely not. There's still some room for tweaking and working, and I still believe the changes would work better if only Oberon had to stand on the Hallowed Ground for the enhanced 3 and 4 effects. I will however agree that the problem between Oberon and Nekros players really needs to be addressed. It just feels like people are whining more than giving constructive criticisms and waiting. DE is still obviously showing they're still working on Oberon. IF and WHEN they stop giving out changes with glaring problems like the Nekros-Oberon thing still exist, then proceed to complain. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, _N_I_N_T_E_N_D_O_ said:

Nice:cool:

RIP easy Ambulas :D

  Reveal hidden contents

1Jyapqu.png

 

fFalf8e.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MejasX said:

I guess I don't understand all the supposed "Criticisms" by so-called "Oberon Mains" out there. Been playing him nonstop with a new build since the touchups, and I don't have these issues like everyone keeps claiming. He's not a Nidus, He's not a Mag, He's not a Nova, stop trying to spam his fookin' abilities like they are. Moreover you have to actually focus on energy management, it's not that hard. What really makes me laugh though is all the complaints about renewal when it's even easier to heal teams now than it was before. 

Do I think the changes are perfect? No, definitely not. There's still some room for tweaking and working, and I still believe the changes would work better if only Oberon had to stand on the Hallowed Ground for the enhanced 3 and 4 effects. I will however agree that the problem between Oberon and Nekros players really needs to be addressed. It just feels like people are whining more than giving constructive criticisms and waiting. DE is still obviously showing they're still working on Oberon. IF and WHEN they stop giving out changes with glaring problems like the Nekros-Oberon thing still exist, then proceed to complain. 

Love the 'scare quotes' trying to 'minimize' how 'we feel.' 

 

My problem is this is literally the laziest fix that does the least to address the probem. Sure more energy delays the inevetable, but Oberon is energy hungry and has no way to reclaim power. Imagine if Nidus's powers all used energy and his 1 didn't give him any. That's where Oberon is right now.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...