Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE destroyed my Supra... (Rant)

Killerdragon-558

So...what sound are they going to ruin with that lame pop-firing sound next?!

When I first played this morning, I ran into a few Corpus Techs and wondered, why on EARTH did DE put that weak popping sound onto a SUPRA?!

Then I wondered, maybe it was for only the Techs.

But now...I tested out MY Supra, and it sounded STUPID. It sounded like some confetti machine or something rather than how awesome it sounded before!

PLEASE DE...BRING BACK MY OLD SUPRA SOUND... :'(

What's even more disappointing is that the Supra/Supra Vandal seem to share the same sound as well.

Unless there's overwhelming backlash like what happened to the Hek, I don't think there's very much hope for the Supra.

Edited by tsubasakuroi

The new sound is awful. please return the old sfx of the Supra.

Apart of the lure to the Supra being that it shared similarities with old school sound effects from the pulse rifle in Unreal Tournament. Both weapons are largely similar. The new sounds dont fit with this weapon at all and are putting me off bringing the weapon to missions now.

Edited by CarrotSalad

It's still busted and clips its own audio when the fire rate increases. It ONLY sounds decent with default fire rate, which is nothing near viable. Stop breaking things no one asked you to fix in the first place. Did you even test this?

No mods - https://streamable.com/jpant

Shred - https://streamable.com/f2tg9

Shred + Vile Accel - https://streamable.com/yo68j

Shred + Vile Accel + Speed Trigger - https://streamable.com/og946

EDIT: That's just the regular Supra. The Vandal still has the punchy sound.

Edited by Periselene

A very unsatisfactory sound compared to the previous, and the clipping only makes it worse (just like deth machine rifle). I hope it gets reverted, until then supra is shelved.

Edit: Supra Vandal also has a popish sound

Edited by Aeon66

On 2017-05-04 at 4:53 PM, AntoniusXson said:

So...what sound are they going to ruin with that lame pop-firing sound next?!

When I first played this morning, I ran into a few Corpus Techs and wondered, why on EARTH did DE put that weak popping sound onto a SUPRA?!

Then I wondered, maybe it was for only the Techs.

But now...I tested out MY Supra, and it sounded STUPID. It sounded like some confetti machine or something rather than how awesome it sounded before!

PLEASE DE...BRING BACK MY OLD SUPRA SOUND... :'(

Sounds like a rapid fire Bebe gun.  I have to play with my volume turned down because it's so annoying.  I have 8 forma in my Supra....  please make the supra great again and fix the firing noise.  

something sounds weird about it, but i'm not sure what. if you fire a single Shot w/ Supra Vandal, it sounds a little bit strange, but good.
but if you increase the Rate of Fire, then the Weapon starts to sound really weird fired in Auto. i think the Audio just doesn't loop that well.

i also have serious qualms about the 'ballistic punch' layer of the sound being stronger than the 'energy pew' layer of the sound. i appreciate wanting to have a 'ballistic punch' layer, but it should probably be more subtle.

in addition, if you're in a 'vacuum', the Audio starts to sound like there's static distortion in it.

Supra shares similar issues with not smoothly looping the Audio in Auto, but to a lesser extent.

On 5/5/2017 at 6:57 PM, THeMooN85 said:

Supra was like Pew Pew Pew Imperial Trooper Rifle ... now it's more like Farts Rifle:D

So true.

We didn't have that many energy weapons for a hyper advanced 'federation' as it was.

If you're going swing anyway, swing towards more...

On 5/5/2017 at 4:08 PM, Periselene said:

It's still busted and clips its own audio when the fire rate increases. It ONLY sounds decent with default fire rate, which is nothing near viable. Stop breaking things no one asked you to fix in the first place. Did you even test this?

Shred + Vile Accel + Speed Trigger - https://streamable.com/og946

Reminds me of the report of a mini or gatling gun to me:

Spoiler

So my main problem is the size of the magazine, followed by the type of ballistic pop chosen. Maybe a either a slightly reduced pop (more subtle) or have it sound a little deeper, like its tearing through the air (sonic crack) and not paper targets or firecrackers.

I agree, this is absolutely unnecessary change just for the sake of change. Supra was one of the best sounding weapons in Warframe and didn't need any sort of SFX changes. If anything, more weapons need to sound like it.

It just not fun to fire it without its old mighty roar.

I actually liked the change, tbh.

For a weapon that fires projectiles like a gatling gun, it sounded weak, especially with the kick the gun has. Visuals and sound did not match before, but now the weapon sounds the way it feels - like a space mini-gun.

I think maybe the sound could be improved to loop better for how huge the clip is, but the firing sound itself feels like it fits pretty well to me.

You know what would be better? 
cutting the negativity and getting to the point. 
be clear, concise, and constructive in your feedback.
You don't like something? Explain it calmly and don't go on a rant. 
Going on with titles like "DE destroyed 'blank' and I hate everything now" or using words like 'stupid' are not helpful at all.
focusing on the negatives and insinuating DE ruins everything is toxic. Plain and Simple

Here, a rant less revision of your post

On 5/4/2017 at 3:53 PM, AntoniusXson said:

I played some Warframe this morning and I was displeased with the new sound DE put in for the Supra rifle. 

It sounded like a cheap popping noise on repeat and was not as satisfying as the original sound. 

I was wondering if the Devs would consider bringing back the old sound?

What do you guys think of the update?

7 hours ago, Iccotak said:

You know what would be better? 
cutting the negativity and getting to the point. 
be clear, concise, and constructive in your feedback.
You don't like something? Explain it calmly and don't go on a rant. 
Going on with titles like "DE destroyed 'blank' and I hate everything now" or using words like 'stupid' are not helpful at all.
focusing on the negatives and insinuating DE ruins everything is toxic. Plain and Simple

Here, a rant less revision of your post

Sadly, things like this create more noise and as such are more likely to get the Dev's attention.

That is why 80% of the bug reports I've done remain unfixed.