The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think of Ambulas Reborn?

VoltTheHero

Mechancally, Ambulas is good. We should be facing more of them.

Kind of wish they worked like this in the fight: The faster you kill them, the quicker they scale and the more of them are spawned. Makes it more hectic as vets will try to breeze through and quickly get swamped with high level Ambulas proxies.

I think I would like it more if the last mission did not bug out so much on me and my friend.

Such as... Ambulas spawn immediately when the mission beginning, with the door to them not opening despite the panel being hacked.

Ambulas that are hacked on the last wave not counting unless both of them are hacked, resulting in a loss if you failed the last wave the first time.

Also, that last fight is a *@##$, especially since I am not someone with super uber weapons to just insta pop them. Me and my friends are struggling with them.

Edited by TankHunter678

Quite fun specialy when it was sortie 3 ambulas assassination.

Farming animos is quite boring thou

So is this mode going to stick after the event over in 5days?

Is it going to be how player can obtain excal?

10 hours ago, SprinKah said:

Why not...i mean trust me, i dont exactly think that is necessary but i do want to see SOME SORT OF CHANGE to make the ambulas harder to fight against...some kind of passive ability to help it defends itself better

Like hyena aura or nullifer shield...ambulas is just too easy to defeat it's painful

The boss fight...it's more focused toward the Corpus shop than the ambulas itsslf...theyre like flashy background fillers....

Well the probably funny part of this is that farming points means encountering a tougher Ambulas then the actual Boss fight, haha.

I didn't do that the while it was still an Assassination on the Sortie, but I guess scaled up yo 100+whatever it was made Ambulas pretty tough?
(because Armor scaling again)

What I'd like to see for the actual Boss Fight is to drop 85% of the "getting to Ambulas map" so that we drop in way way closer and get to that Boss Fight sooner.

And then DE work some more of their magic to make the boss fight crazy epic.

6 hours ago, Avynire said:

Quite fun specialy when it was sortie 3 ambulas assassination.

Farming animos is quite boring thou

So is this mode going to stick after the event over in 5days?

Is it going to be how player can obtain excal?

I don't know if the have said anything about post-Event but I am really hoping that the beacons are just an event only thing and then the node returns to being an 'normal' Planet Boss Node (vs a farm to fight node like Kela).

WF being something of a "farm it" game is more tolerable when you don't have to continuously farm the stuff to farm the something.

Farming to Farm? No thanks! 

(and yes I know someone out there wants to say "go see other [game-name-here], you don't know farming until you played blah blah blah". Not actually helping to say "you think this is bad? there's worse" =p)

6 hours ago, RossRam said:

Anyone else want a way to blow up or steal the drop ships?

Yes!

Drop ships are cool.

It'd be neat of DE could rig it so that we fly in on a drop ship together if you're playing with Clan Mates.

I was going to say just playing on Public but I get that lots of people want to see their ship flying in and leaving, so just went with Clan mates. ;-)

And Steve did say he wants to have clan ships so this would be a cool thing to tack on to that, haha.

40 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I enjoy the event a lot, the Ambulas boss fight was epic.

it was good, a lot different than others

just that...they just don't make the Ambulas...like..shine all that much...it's like they're just...THERE...

Edited by SprinKah

On 5/8/2017 at 0:13 AM, Prof_Doom said:

I think I agree that the final fight was a bit gimmicky, but that overall it was fun.  I'd love to see drop ships keep being a thing.  Find new things to put in them.

We'll need a grineer dropship though.  Hmm... actually no.  Grineer need drop pods.  Let's drop in elite hunter teams via drop pod.  If you're not paying attention, you'll get knocked over by shockwave on landing.

Pls not drop ships... like the current event, where the dropship comes into range to 'drop' off heavy duty units. This is like asking players to focus fire on it... especially, where it somehow must circle around the map or area...

Might as well go with borderland 2 style... where units are sent by these 'drop' pods. (like current excavation drill method).

I liekt he event to some degree. I realy like the fact that it has tokens rather then RNG for a bunch of mods, but it may have taken me less time to farm the mods then the tokens so who knows.

I love the dropship and mini event kind of things on a specific planet and I do hope that stays around. we tend to have a lot of useless event things (corpus void key for instance) so I hope these stick aournd and become something. I also think its DE testing out the token mechanic for later use.

The boss fight itself seems to go on for a bit too long, and is a tad anticlimatic. Its not the length per say but the waiting and defending part. I think I would ahve liked 4 biger ones with more helth that it tookm a little bit to take down rather then 6 small ones that take no time to down, but 2 min to defend. It also rewards less points then it takes unlike rathoom, witch refunds on completion. That said, I hope they do more with corpus ship bombardment.

I also noticed a module armor system. you can tare off the side torsos, face, leg armor, and a few other things, making it take more damage (MWO anyone :D ). I would have liked a bit more drawn out fight with a focus on this mechanic rather then just a horde of smaller, weaker ones. To be fair I think my team offten killed the thing before it even droped in or got a chance to do many attacks so it didnt seem all that dageros. 

The Boss battle is more of a manegement of the Ambulas. It can get pretty hetic when 2 spawn and you have to keep an eye on both.

Its a good alternative to Mobile Defence since it actually has an explosion at the end.

3 hours ago, SprinKah said:

heck

No, its "quack".

I like the dropships and the story behind it. And the token system doesn't force into having to farm a lot just to get the basics, also the boss fight the boss is actually the ship, an when you destroy it, oh it feels good. However, I do have some problems, mainly:

Ambulas is pretty weak, they were trying to avoid using invulnerability but before an Ambulas drops it's basically target practice, and even after, it doesn't have any big defenses. It would've been cool that they were invulnerable until you break those backpacks on the back, so it's not permanent invulnerability and they survive for more than 3 seconds.

3 hours ago, low1991 said:

Pls not drop ships... like the current event, where the dropship comes into range to 'drop' off heavy duty units. This is like asking players to focus fire on it... especially, where it somehow must circle around the map or area...

Might as well go with borderland 2 style... where units are sent by these 'drop' pods. (like current excavation drill method).

Drop pods, these. We'll need these for the Grineer update.
@DE please take notes!

Grineer drop-podding to the surface like we see them doing to Corpus ships.
Engage!

2 hours ago, Jeoxz said:

I like the dropships and the story behind it. And the token system doesn't force into having to farm a lot just to get the basics, also the boss fight the boss is actually the ship, an when you destroy it, oh it feels good. However, I do have some problems, mainly:

Ambulas is pretty weak, they were trying to avoid using invulnerability but before an Ambulas drops it's basically target practice, and even after, it doesn't have any big defenses. It would've been cool that they were invulnerable until you break those backpacks on the back, so it's not permanent invulnerability and they survive for more than 3 seconds.

I think the idea of the "fanny packs" giving Ambulas some forms of protection is good. They just need to then be super noticeable that they're the source and hopefully then suggesting that they can be blown off his a$$, haha.

Rather than say just throwing on them everyone's favorite Corpus ability, the Nullifier Bubble how about one provides an Eximus Aura and the other a Comba's power scrambling field. 

I mean Comba's can be annoying but at least you'd Know it Was Coming and What to do about it! ;-)

Maybe give it a "node" on the back that gives it a Proto-Shield that can also be shot off and permanently disabled.

And then you could get to work on stripping the Armor off of it's Robotic Body...

So you could ignore the nods, suffer the effects of the Aura, Field, Shield and Armor.

Or take it apart, a piece at a time!

Overall Ambulas feels like it'll make for a pretty reasonable bossfight for an up-and-comer Tenno who's not rolling potato'd and forma'd everything with a full-auto death ray. You've got a good bit of juking to do, gotta balance hacking, mob-control, and dodging shots from the battleship. Should get pretty exciting, to a degree, in sorties, too. All-in-all feels pretty good. All in all, the fight has a nice rhythm to it.

Bit like Sargas Ruk, really, but if Sargas were built with an eye towards not over-punishing players who were rolling far more powerful equipment and with a mucher better grasp of the mobility tools at our disposal than he was intended for (still maintain Ruk is an excellent bossfight for Tenno that are scaled and skilled appropriately, but he just does not scale in a reasonable way at all).

9 hours ago, low1991 said:

Y not both, variety!