Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Migrations, Why Do They Always Break The Mission?

rux616

Ok, I'm going to say this very directly: Host migrations almost always completely break missions for me.

Why?  This has been an ongoing issue for literally years now, since I first started playing back in 2015.  I have a very hard time believing that the coding team of this otherwise relatively-well-functioning, great game can't fix this.  Has this simply not been a focus for the dev team?  Why not?  I realize that general engine upgrades and new functionality is important, but I would argue that a large amount of needless pain comes about due to host migrations.

To list just a few of the issues I've had due to these ulcer-causing events:

• Doors no longer function.  They aren't locked by a lockdown or other access panel, they simply do. not. work.
  • Doors are permanently locked.  This time, they DO get locked via lockdown, but the lockdown state doesn't carry over with the host migration (or something), so hacking an access panel to lift said lockdown does nothing.
  • Powers cease to be active.  This one's particularly nasty because the enemies become active and start moving around/punching you in the unmentionables/shooting you in the face at least half a second before you regain control of your character.  On high levels this almost always means instant death unless you're like Valkyr Prime with maxed armor.  And even then it's iffy whether you survive that initial onslaught.  If you're a Loki?  Hahahaha.
  • No more spawns in endless missions.  Did the entire Grineer military suddenly all decide to go AWOL?  Maybe the Corpus finally got some vacation time for their hard work.  I don't know, but it makes endless missions literally impossible to complete, requiring that you abort the mission, rendering all progress and drops null and void.
  • And finally the newest one: Complete freakout of the UI.  The host of a fissure endless mission quit after 5 missions (pansy) and the result was that none of the rest of us could use the UI (there was literally a template or something up that had things like "LABEL" and such) and the automatic countdown to begin a mission and just get void traces never activated, requiring all of us to actually Alt-F4 out of the game.

So yeah, there are so many damned issues with host migration that have been lingering for ages like a particularly malodorous dog fart.  THEY NEED TO GET FIXED.

I get that netcode and synchronizing is complex.  But I also refuse to believe the dev team isn't up to the task.  Time to air out that dog fart, boys and girls.

I Have the Same Problems, evry mision I start at the begining said Host Migration and fail and also... Send me to liset, evry single mission I start that happens, only 2 times the Host Migration was succesfull becoming I the host.. but most of the time is a fcking crash... they shoud shut down host migrations, and only do 1 host per mission unable to migrate to other, that shoud happen when host leave the mission.