Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ambulas Reborn: The "Solo-Player" category leaves out many solo players

UltimateSpinDash

Unlike last Event, DE had the foresight to add a special requirement for Solo players. Unfortunately, many solo players are not considered such for the game.

In order to count as a solo player, you may not be in a clan (I don't know if a clan with no other members works, if it does, great). Unfortunately, the game heavily discourages not being in a "clan" by locking out clan research. As a result, many players have built their own Clan-Dojos, something that aside from some outliers in terms of resource cost (*cough* Hema) was never a problem.

I am one of these people. Now, my Clan is occasionally also used by some friends, but none of them can be relied on to help with events. I won't kick them from the clan just to test if that would lower my requirements.

Looking at the requirements themselves: Under ideal circumstances, Ambulas drops six beacons. 200 / 6 = 33.3 Ambulas kills. Under ideal circumstances. For a "true" solo player.

If the game doesn't consider you a true solo player, you have to kill Ambulas at least 70 times. Again, under ideal circumstances. That's not counting any additional beacons you need if you want those mods.

I forced my way through pacifism defect with no clan assistance (trust me, I tried. Can't blame them for having better things to do though). This event though, is, while not bad, simply boring. And for what? A slightly buffed version of a sub-par weapon? The Supra can be fun at times, no doubt, but this will probably be the first event I will consciously not complete, and I completed all since Spectres of Liberty back in U13 when Capture 2.0 was released.

My free time is limited, and I want to have fun in those times. Grind can be made fun if properly designed. This doesn't qualify though.

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

Well I mean, if you're going for the rewards you're gonna reach 400 points either way. Not like you can get much just for 200.

I don't care enough about any of those mods either, especially since they'll probably pull a Rathuum on this one (not that I'd be opposed to that).

Hi OP

I have to agree with you alot on this, if not everything you said in here.

While, the grind was not as bad as it was for me, due to being only in a Ghost Clan, I'm the only person in my clan who is active right now, due to one of my pals, bless her heart is or has moved away from Warframe for her own reasons. So it just leaves me in the Clan Alone. Mind you I have NO intentions of kicking her as we both made the clan together.

400 points, where not much of a grind, however in order to get the "Clan Rewards", you have to it in one run, in one match and if your a solo player or the only active person in your clan, the chances of you getting that is second to none, unless you have well, as most best way I can put it. "No Life". (No Job, No School/Unty, etc).

I have alot of free time, in my life due to how lucky I am (or Unlucky in some eyes), and I was able to get this done within 2-3 days, but only with the help of close friends, so I can understand with someone with a Life, like a full time job, or a family or kids of their own can't do such and it makes me feel bad that some are not able to do, excaly how I am.

Besides the players, who are "hard-core" defenders, they will ignore all above and just tell you either to "get good" or forget about your life and play more Warframe, but to that I said OP, just Ingore them. (its only a click away).

Now my overall issue with Clans & Dojos all together is this: 

They are almost a -REQUIREMENT- in Warframe due to they lock you out of meny things, like Research, Events and now the new upcoming "King-ping" System, if you don't have a clan or your a solo player in a Clan, then its simply typed down as "Don't Care". (Yes, its more then a foresight OP).

My other issue with clans, is that the game "Demands" you to be in a much higher Clan, with -EVERYONE- in the clan to Play Warframe, as much as possible (Or buy lots of plat). And anyone in your clan who does not, dare play, are ignored. The Clan System needs more work, then a skeptical rank system and new pretty rooms to look at. or a King-Ping system that ONLY big clans can ever do.

As well, thats not the best part, Big Clans, also suffer alot due to the insane RNG they need to buckle up, if a few small hands of players refuse to help, then its just gonna be even more of a issue, Overall I think the hole "Clan" System needs to be "smashed" like the focus, if not -REMOVED- from the game, as they help no one, besides -PAYING- customers and if not players who play Warframe 24/7.

I chuold go on, about how they chuold change things and such, but they is a massive topic on its own, but the TL:DR of it is: Move Clan Research into the Orbiter. Let "Dojos" be a mission type or a unique Relay that ANYONE can design and build and your "Clan" will be much more smaller.

(For Big Clans, who have every player inside playing, will be sent to a unique Relay of their own)

How I see it, really. Thus being my own Personal option 

But OP, go ahead what else do you think?.

1 hour ago, UltimateSpinDash said:

I am one of these people. Now, my Clan is occasionally also used by some friends, but none of them can be relied on to help with events. I won't kick them from the clan just to test if that would lower my requirements.

Well, OP, the answer is actually really simple. You should have active Clan members.

DE picks clan challenges so that their burden can sit on every member's shoulders. Can we really be surprised if the challenge that DE picked for a group of 10 or 20 people is too heavy for a single person?

Yes, it's not "fair". The game, as you say, is designed to strongly encourage players to be in a Clan. An active clan. With people playing together and trying to achieve something together.

3 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Well, OP, the answer is actually really simple. You should have active Clan members.

DE picks clan challenges so that their burden can sit on every member's shoulders. Can we really be surprised if the challenge that DE picked for a group of 10 or 20 people is too heavy for a single person?

Yes, it's not "fair". The game, as you say, is designed to strongly encourage players to be in a Clan. An active clan. With people playing together and trying to achieve something together.

I can live with DE trying to make Clans great again. I'm just against shoving Clan participation into every Event from now on.

You CAN'T force people to be social, though. If someone asks me for help, sure. With popular stuff thats easy to find groups for, I also have no problem with recruitment-chat. But I'm not one to actively seek out other people and play with strangers on a regular basis. That is simply the way I am. And I won't kick my friends from the clan for my own benefit, either.

What you should do is form a group and do at least 20 waves on Outer Terminus, and repeat until you've gotten enough beacons to advance the quest.  After you get into waves 6+, Ambulas goes from 5 beacons to 6.

That Pluto defense mission is the best way to farm Ambulas.

I think we had farmed out the event in about 4-5 defense missions - which isn't bad.  Granted, we had picked our stuff so that we could duo the mission if we needed to.

That's also all the better as the mods cost 75 beacons a piece, so that means you're going to have 400 beacons to buy stuff with, so that's 5 mods of your choice just from soloing the first part of the alert, and then having Hades unlocked again.

Edited by Almagnus1

4 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

What you should do is form a group and do at least 20 waves on Outer Terminus, and repeat until you've gotten enough beacons to advance the quest.  After you get into waves 6+, Ambulas goes from 5 beacons to 6.

That Pluto defense mission is the best way to farm Ambulas.

I think we had farmed out the event in about 4-5 defense missions - which isn't bad.  Granted, we had picked our stuff so that we could duo the mission if we needed to.

That's also all the better as the mods cost 75 beacons a piece, so that means you're going to have 400 beacons to buy stuff with, so that's 5 mods of your choice just from soloing the first part of the alert, and then having Hades unlocked again.

I know of that method. Unfortunately, it's results vary greatly since Ambulas spawns are time-based, not wave-based.

The only way I see you complete the event in 4-5 missions if either, you weren't the only clan-member participating, or you drew out the games to get more Ambulas spawns.

2 minutes ago, UltimateSpinDash said:

You CAN'T force people to be social, though. If someone asks me for help, sure. With popular stuff thats easy to find groups for, I also have no problem with recruitment-chat. But I'm not one to actively seek out other people and play with strangers on a regular basis. That is simply the way I am. And I won't kick my friends from the clan for my own benefit, either.

Well, the answer to that is trivial: you don't HAVE to be social.

I personally am in a clan with friends and I spend half of my time playing solo. I'll play with my clanmates the other half of the time, because over the years we have become friends, but I still consider myself to be very strongly solo-oriented.

There's solo-oriented clans, where it is understood that players don't have to interact with each other - they merely collect stuff together. No speaking required. Just divide the costs of research and clan challenges.

And if you won't kick your friends from the clan... well, that's very admirable and social of you. But it's once again your choice - the choice between having someone to help you, or having to - simultaneously - do the job for you and for your unhelpful clan mates.

You choose the obligation of having to do everything for you and for your friends? It's very noble, especially for a person who isn't very social. But it's very tough.

37 minutes ago, UltimateSpinDash said:

I know of that method. Unfortunately, it's results vary greatly since Ambulas spawns are time-based, not wave-based.

The only way I see you complete the event in 4-5 missions if either, you weren't the only clan-member participating, or you drew out the games to get more Ambulas spawns.

I thought I had mentioned it in the prior post, but it was with me and another clanmate, and we weren't drawing out the games.

It's not THAT hard of a thing to do completely solo, and if you have at least one other person working with you, it's not that time consuming to do.

400 isnt that much for a solo player to get simply by playing on outter terminus for 20 waves or more, aince after the first or second ambulas it starts to drop 6 beacons, ofc this can be done in pub matches easily.

also you could ask you friends if they would like to help :clem: b

For the record, I have a personal clan just so I can do my own research, with a few mates that are never really on (100+ days offline usually) and I had to get 400 points.

Running Solo, if you go a little slower then "Trackmania" speed, you actually get to pull the Ambulas 3-4 times on an extermination mission, as there is usually a few open areas.

It took me on and off 11 hours from starting, and that's intermixed time with going shopping, playing Therian Saga, watching Netflix on the other monitor, a shower, breakfast etc etc as it was a weekend and had nothing better to do.

I'm the only one doing the runs and I am almost at 800 Becons. The only real thing it takes is too much time on your hands and the ability to switch off higher brain functions, which is needed to avoid burnout.

Funny thing is that once you hit the clan number to unlock the second mission, new (active) players coming in can get the Supra in under one hour. They can just get 40 Becons, then run the second part.

I feel your pain. I'm part of a clan that used to be extremely active. I've mostly played Warframe solo, since I play on Xbox and I don't feel like having to pay all the time when I don't always have the ability to play. Because of this, I enjoyed whenever I was actually able to interact with clan members, with my only regret being that I didn't take more of an advantage of them.

Now, I'm more of a solo player than ever. Our average best seems like ten people logging in during a week. We're a mountain clan. I've had to use roughly 10 or more spectres to almost complete the Limbo Theorem. Almost. I'm not even done yet. That may be because I need to, "Get good," but still. The worst part was that, even if I could play the game in a group, no one in my clan was on - I'm not a big fan of Recruiting.

As has already been stated, it sucks that it's basically a necessity to be in a clan, but then they force these kinds of limitations on you.