Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Self destruct? X.x

H0PE

Question

Just wanted to check out the game after a longer absence.

Was blowing myself up with the tonkor, by shooting at enemy 8-10 steps away from me, when I just insta died -to my surprise and gave me a nice sarcastic giggle also-.
So this (and similar) launcher got useless then?
Wondering what changed regarding self damage and which weapon rendered to uselessness?

1 hour ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

I wasn't referring to TG removing self-damage. I'm aware that it doesn't. The reason it's harmless is because the grenades are on an 8s timed detonation, or manual detonation. Their behavior is predictable and so is the range. You have plenty of time to setup, react and gtfo.

Even the normal grenades have a bug what makes them go off randomly.

On a sidenote the time is 10 sec and it should be on the mod description.

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Even the normal grenades have a bug what makes them go off randomly.

On a sidenote the time is 10 sec and it should be on the mod description.

My mistake.

So, I see what you are referring to with TG. The grenades will prematurely detonate if they latch onto a surface that suddenly becomes invalid. Without further testing, I can't say for certain, but it looks like tightly clustered enemies can interfere with how it determines its landing position. If its trajectory results in the grenade being unable to find its determined landing position in the last moment, it will jiggle a bit in an attempt to find the intended spot, fail, and then detonate. This will also occur if the surface it is currently attached to is destroyed.

I haven't seen anything like this occur without Tether Grenades. But Penta isn't my go-to launcher. Typically, I use Zarr and Ogris. So it's possible that this just hasn't occurred for me in my playtime with Penta.

8 hours ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

My mistake.

So, I see what you are referring to with TG. The grenades will prematurely detonate if they latch onto a surface that suddenly becomes invalid. Without further testing, I can't say for certain, but it looks like tightly clustered enemies can interfere with how it determines its landing position. If its trajectory results in the grenade being unable to find its determined landing position in the last moment, it will jiggle a bit in an attempt to find the intended spot, fail, and then detonate. This will also occur if the surface it is currently attached to is destroyed.

I haven't seen anything like this occur without Tether Grenades. But Penta isn't my go-to launcher. Typically, I use Zarr and Ogris. So it's possible that this just hasn't occurred for me in my playtime with Penta.

I too dont really use Penta, i just seen many posts claiming that as you say if the grenade falls into an invaild place it detonates.

If i have to use an explosive weapon i use the Zarr or the Kulstar.