Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with Sands Of Inaros [Solved+Personal tips]

Doctor_Hazama

Alright, so I'm gonna cut to the chase. This mission is ridiculous that it thinks someone can take out a Tomb Guardian that splits into halves everytime it dies, and each split clone has THE EXACT same durability and strength as the last. I don't care about any specifics or if the readings say otherwise, they all tank the same amount of damage from me.

But I'm not here to rant (Not really), I'm here to get help because there isn't a snowball's chance in hell I'm going to be able to finish that fight solo. So I'm calling out to other players who also have the same mission, Sands Of Inaros, in hopes that we can form a time we can meet up in the game and deal with the Tomb Guardian.

I'm not even at the final boss of the quest line and I'm already terrified of what's to come.

If anyone out there has the exact same mission and has reached the same point in that mission where you know the pain of getting decked by a rock monster, hear this plea for help and hopefully we'll be able to complete this challenge and get Inaros.

Damn vampire pharaoh better be worth this.

If anyone needs specifics on what I used, I used a max rank Zephyr, forgot what rank my weapons are but I used a Mutalist Cernos with a lightning mod so the Toxic effect became Corrosive. Apparently Corrosive actually helps a lot against the rock monsters.

Edit: Never mind, I forgot to update this, I did the mission with help. If anyone is still struggling with this mission, my advice is to find a good team mate, preferably an Octavia, to use her skills and distract the Tomb Guardians while you two bring the pain onto the enemies. Have energy and ammo restoring items (You can buy the reusable blueprints for those in the market for pretty cheap). I recommend still being teamed up with said partner when you go for the final hunt with the last burial urn, because it will make you hunt five relatively tough enemies. Me and my ally got saddled with killing five Juggernauts, and it was hell getting one to spawn, but it turns out you can get a guaranteed spawn if you go on a capture mission in an Orokin Derelict and kill the enemies fast enough after you catch the target.

In the final phase of the mission, fighting the replica of Inaros itself,  [spoilers for those who care], you'll get put through a new kind of hell. Remember those giant rock golems? Every time you 'kill' the Tomb Protector, he summons an effigy to come at you from the tomb. Those giant statues you see in the tomb? Yeah, you have to fight those.

We worked out a way to cheese the enemy though, thanks to rummaging online. First, we lead the Tomb Protector back to the Grineer areas, right into firing range of a turret. Since he was Octavia and could distract the sandy bugger, I manned the turret and rained hell on the Protector as he fought my good ally until he 'died' and we enter the next phase. The case of fighting the Effigies was easy to cheese as well, since the path from the tomb to the turret involves a pretty tight squeeze in a tunnel, one that the Effigies can't fit through, so we just lured them there, then watch as they keep running up against the tunnel's entrance, unable to enter as we unload all manner of Corrosive ammunition onto them (Corrosive ammo is your best friend in this mission).

Rinse and repeat the strategy of distraction, turret fire and cheesing them into the tunnel and you're golden. I am now very happy with my Inaros Warframe who was DEFINITELY worth all the hassle. He's currently rank 21, with a health value over 3000. QPoIbK0.jpg

#terribleresolutionscreenshot

If I could run Warframe at a higher resolution with better graphics, this Captura image would have looked infinitely better, but oh well, take what you get.

Edited by Doctor_Hazama
Solved my issue myself in the end.

try max tigrys with atleas 3 forma and an orokin upgrade on it can deal like more the 4k damnage (slash) and with corosive itll be very fast i thing 1 shot equals about 1/4 -1/2 health of those colossals without corrosive

even with that i got rekt tough :/

just try it out never know ^^