Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to be the Host & Enemy Spawn

_Mr.Robot

i have two requests:

Add an option where you can choose if you want to start the mission as the host or if you want to be matched with a squad that has already started the mission
this option should have existed from the beginning since this is a host based game. this is long overdue and really needed.
i have 100mibts upload and download with my fibre internet (soon 200mbits up/down) and basically never lag in any other game except warframe. its annoying to start a mission and instantly join a squad and encounter a bad host which brings the ping up to 400-1000 and makes the game unplayable. this just happens to often and the problem is we have no control over it except playing solo.
I simply dont want to have a host whos internet is worse than mine and thats like in 99% the case. and i also know some people who dont want to be the host because they know other people will suffer under their internet. thats why give us the option to decide if we want to start a mission as a host instead of connecting instantly to a squad when one is available

another secenario: i start a exterminate mission, matchmaking puts me into a squad that has already killed half of the enemies and i spawn way back behind my team, they finish the mission before i can even touch an enemy, so all i do is run to extraction.

i would go solo to not have lag, but its not fun, not because i like company but because of the enemy spawn rate.
i can understand that more enmies have to spawn when you go in a squad of 4, thats logical, but when i want to play solo there are just not enough enemies for me in a MD,Defense,Interception or Survival Mission. every mission is not challenging if you go solo (except some sorties), unless you go above like 60+ minutes, but why would you do that? going above Rotation C is not worth it. and also having to play 59 minutes on easy so that it can get harder after is stupid. do you know how long 59 minutes is? 
since this is mostly a PVE game, i dont see why we shouldnt have a difficulty option when playing Solo. 
add something like Easy - Medium - Hard. Easy lets the enemie spawn rate as it is now, Medium will increase it like as if you would have went with 2-3 people and Hard will make it like as if you would have went with 4 people.

here are other people who are talking about what im saying

Edited by _Mr.Robot

About the Matchmaking Ping limit; it will only work when being invited to join a squad, not when you join into a public match.
Although this would be great addition to make sure you don't join those squads, or if it came up with a list of squads currently in that mission and listed the number of players and ping.

And yes if you have 100mibts Upload/download you have no choice but to accept that 99% of other people's internet is worse than you because your speed is so high.

the only way you can solve this issue is by pressing play now.

so you will start the mission. then you need to wait for other people.

Just because you got godly internet, doesnt mean people will have good ping when linked to you.

Soemtimes different region can affect.

On 8.5.2017 at 11:23 AM, rudman88 said:

the only way you can solve this issue is by pressing play now.

so you will start the mission. then you need to wait for other people.

Just because you got godly internet, doesnt mean people will have good ping when linked to you.

Soemtimes different region can affect.

the option to "play now" is only available when the matchmaking cant find any squad, so you have the option to choose if you wanna stay in queue and wait for people to join or actually start alone. but if there are other free squads available, you dont have this option, you will instantly be matched with them and mission starts and thats the problem im talking about. and im playing in the right region btw.

On 8.5.2017 at 11:15 AM, GOEATSOMEFUSHM8 said:

About the Matchmaking Ping limit; it will only work when being invited to join a squad, not when you join into a public match.
Although this would be great addition to make sure you don't join those squads, or if it came up with a list of squads currently in that mission and listed the number of players and ping.

And yes if you have 100mibts Upload/download you have no choice but to accept that 99% of other people's internet is worse than you because your speed is so high.

thanks for the info, i didnt know exactly how the matchmaking ping limit works, so basically its not a real help. 
i can accept it as long as i dont have to suffer under that, if they would actually add the option to choose if you want to be host. 

but lets think about when they added the 4k resolution support. i would say only a very little amount of people has the hardware to play games in 4k, knowing that, they still f**** up the UI resolution for the majority of the people for weeks after the U20 update, just to add something that only a few people can use. later they managed to get everyone satisfied, 
its the same thing now with highspeed internet. not everyone has it, but why limit the game experience for those who have it? i see no reason why the option shouldnt be there. its just an improvement and i dont think it takes too much work.

Edited by _Mr.Robot

On 08/05/2017 at 6:00 PM, _Mr.Robot said:

the option to "play now" is only available when the matchmaking cant find any squad, so you have the option to choose if you wanna stay in queue and wait for people to join or actually start alone. but if there are other free squads available, you dont have this option, you will instantly be matched with them and mission starts and thats the problem im talking about. and im playing in the right region btw.

jsut press the play now twice and you will be inside alone

38 minutes ago, rudman88 said:

jsut press the play now twice and you will be inside alone

you are either trolling me now or i dont think you understood what i said. This "PLAY NOW" doesnt appear if there are other Squads available.
i will explain it that even you understand it now:
if other people play this mission already, you will be instantly matched with them without even seeing "PLAY NOW", you will just instantly get matched with the squad and join them. If there are  no squads available, then yes this option "PLAY NOW" appears and you can either start or wait, but as long as there are other people playing that mission, you dont get to choose, the mission will just start automatically and you have no control if you want to "PLAY NOW" because matchmaking already decided for you that you are going to join a random team

Edited by _Mr.Robot

1 hour ago, _Mr.Robot said:

you are either trolling me now or i dont think you understood what i said. This "PLAY NOW" doesnt appear if there are other Squads available.
i will explain it that even you understand it now:
if other people play this mission already, you will be instantly matched with them without even seeing "PLAY NOW", you will just instantly get matched with the squad and join them. If there are  no squads available, then yes this option "PLAY NOW" appears and you can either start or wait, but as long as there are other people playing that mission, you dont get to choose, the mission will just start automatically and you have no control if you want to "PLAY NOW" because matchmaking already decided for you that you are going to join a random team

to be honest each time i press play now. i never join a team and i am always the host.

ok i tried it the nice way. 
could i get a response from staff?????????????????

it starts to piss me off getting matched with some host with his 3rd world wooden internet. my region is set to EU, i dont even know how this happens and it shouldnt even happen. this is like the 13th time this week that im getting something similar to that:
qZ2pNnx.png

and all i can do is to leave the game and hope to not get into the same lobby again.
oh and before someone starts questioning my internet. this is right after i left the match:

oRq1No8.png

ffs invest your money in a server instead of some stupid useless events like "tennocon". if your matchmaking system is retarted then you simply cant have a host-based system. either fix the matchmaking, give us an option to decide to be the host or get a server.
its 2017 and its pittiful how you cant even provide the most basic and most important thing in a host based game.
stop wasting your time and start fixing stuff before developing even more bugs.

at least tell me if you are planning to do something about it or not so i can move on.

Edited by _Mr.Robot