Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i made a steam review that contains my personal opinions about this game and what i have observed

Schrimmseschrammse666

43 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

No one would question if they hate it or not. Sure, they "might be tired of it" as you would say, but they also despise it at that moment, and most likely permanently. 

If a person actually despises grind, permanently as you put it, they stop playing or don't even start. If they keep playing then the grind is tolerable enough for them to keep at it. That is the difference.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

18 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

If a person actually despises grind, permanently as you put it, they stop playing or don't even start. If they keep playing then the grind is tolerable enough for them to keep at it. That is the difference.

Where did I say they kept playing or stopped playing?

Hint: Nowhere. Don't assume, you just make an @#$ out of yourself.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

Where did I say they kept playing or stopped playing?

Hint: Nowhere. Don't assume, you just make an @#$ out of yourself.

Did I say you said they quit playing? Fairly sure you need to take a dose of your own suggestion there, read, and stop making "an @#$ out of yourself."

1- a negative review from a person with less than 100 hours in the game, through steam launcher, which adds loading times

2- you're complaining about things that were supposed to happen, the grineer look like tumors because they ARE tumors, the corpus look like toasters because they're SUPPOSED to look like useless space guys, the mastery system is for more weapons, would you rather jump in a game and farm non stop to get the op weapon for 99% of the star chart on earth?

On 5/8/2017 at 1:30 PM, (Xbox One)Ginger Bruhv said:

Plenty in your case most likely equates to maybe 10.

Anyone I talk to in game chat on Warframe (and other free games, mind you) despise grinding. Your opinion (and those 'plenty of people' you mentioned) are heavily outnumbered.

There's different kinds of grind. There's me spending weeks farming for one upgrade item in a dungeon killing hordes of enemies with no end in sight. This kind of mundane and repetitive grind is usually pervasive in older korean mmo's. I haven't played any of the new ones to compare with. Warframe's grind is on a much softer level for just about anything. The only things I grinded for in this game in a korean mmo style were "Hyperion Thrusters" and it took me 40 minutes compared the three months it took me to farm a skeleton card in ragnarok online, or about a year to get a max level upgraded item in Rising Force. Mind you I farmed that mod when it was first released and dropped from a little drone enemy spawned by the carriers, it is much easier to acquire now along with the rest of AW mods.

New prime equipment generally takes me a week to get, I've yet to hit a 2 week mark in the 3 years I've been playing the game. I've generally just let things fall out of the sky for me, as in play the game and stuff I need would eventually drop. I don't have the new stance yet for the tonfas but I haven't farmed for it much. All in all, I do not think it is fair to simply say that the game has grind in it. Resources are easy to get and there are even loot frames to help you get it faster. There are different levels of grind and Warframe is on a softer side of things.

Having said all this the RIVEN system recently introduced is very much like the old style korean mmo grinding. Since its release I have been farming kuva, a lot less more recently, but ultimately have yet to roll a single mod with the stats I want. So this falls into the insane grind category or spend massive plat to just flat out buy it (which I would if someone was selling mods with stats i want). That is why I am asking for the ability to lock in at least one stat on riven mods, otherwise this system is hell.

I am certainly not a fanboy but even your first two paragraphs are not accurate.

Your third paragraph is a joke.  1000 hrs to reach mastery 14?  This is the one case where I actually get to say you are doing it wrong.

I didn't bother reading more.  Warframe has it's faults and you didn't mention any of them in your first three paragraphs.

Your review has no value. Good day.

The review is not so good structurally.
Could be easily summed to maybe complaints of aesthetic and wait timers, maybe also too little variety of activities and very much friction to find new and interesting things to do within the game.

Valid complaints tho presented poorly I think.

Grind = every item is bind on pick up, you can't trade any good items. And to good weapons and armor requires  repeating the same mission/dungeon over and over again with 0.02% drop chance. Or a Raid with a one week long entrance cool down.

The grind in Warframe in just resources at the start. And mostly forma'ing weapons and frames. But after the resource curve the grind becomes less, and in terms of levelling up weapons  - there are tricks and techniques to get past the grind for that. Warframe mostly rewards A: The serious players who do their research and B: Players with deep pockets. The players who don't want to play the game seriously or don't want to spend any real cash, they're the ones who will feel the tough aspects of the game's system. 

Edited by MudShadow

Hey all,

I have decided to lock this post because the OP's linked content is not in accordance with our community guidelines with respect to language. If content is being linked to in a forum post, that content falls under the same scrutiny that any original forum content is subject to.

I understand that feedback and the review process is very important, both to DE as developers and the Warframe community as players, but the way that this post addresses these criticisms is inappropriate and at times obscene.

I would like to remind everyone again that this forum has plenty of space for honest, well crafted, and constructive criticism, and that we all benefit when our complaints are shared calmly and concisely. Many of your contributions in this thread have adhered closely to the community guidelines and undoubtedly you will continue to do so. Thank you :)

Have a good day everyone,

Aidan