Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.4.4

[DE]Rebecca

27 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Fixed built Exilus Adapters being offered as Rare Invasion rewards instead of the Blueprint. PLEASE NOTE this does not change the current invasion, but future ones.
  •  

"Fixed" is a funny description for that change. We can now decide between a Forma blueprint, or a blueprint that takes 2 Formas. Hmmm, tough choice.

If you're looking for things to fix, here's a few actual bugs that I'd like to see addressed.

33 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Fixed built Exilus Adapters being offered as Rare Invasion rewards instead of the Blueprint.

0 / 10

Do not want.

The other replies pretty much covered it all up.

Edited by runx0

Man, people are just so salty about Exilus adapters taking a modicum of effort to get.  Assuming people here frequent the void, you should 1: be overflowing with forma BPs and 2: should really be building them to begin with.  A good compromise would be to make built exili adapters drop with an even rarer chance while BPs become more slightly more common.

As for newbies, most aren't going to making good use of them until much later when they can afford the endo/credit costs.  For most people, exilus adapters should just be another step in the road for them.  It takes time, sure, but considering what WF gives us to begin with, you could surely find something other to do than just staring at the foundry tick by for the exilus.   

I wouldn't mind easier exili, but I'm legit running out of things to put Forma into, it's not that hard to get and build if you play casually.  I swear if they just removed Forma from the marketplace people wouldn't be complaining or attributing values to them.  

Thanks for the update DE, keep up your work.  

32 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Fixed built Exilus Adapters being offered as Rare Invasion rewards instead of the Blueprint. PLEASE NOTE this does not change the current invasion, but future ones.

This change doesn't really bother me, mostly because I assumed this was already the case.

But if we're going to set a precedent of blueprints for invasions, can we also set a precedent of built items for sorties? Would rather get a built orokin catalyst/reactor than have to wait a whole day to claim my reward.

2 minutes ago, Medane said:

Man, people are just so salty about Exilus adapters taking a modicum of effort to get.  Assuming people here frequent the void, you should 1: be overflowing with forma BPs and 2: should really be building them to begin with.  A good compromise would be to make built exili adapters drop with an even rarer chance while BPs become more slightly more common.

taking 3 missions instead of spending 2 formas and 3 days of total crafting time, is much faster.

Edited by Xsoskeleton

3 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

mutagen mass, fieldron, detonite injector, can goes up to 3 per invasion reward, tho yeah, lower than that, isnt really worth doing unless u need them soon

Mutagen Mass ones are far more commonly at 1 per invasion.

When I needed mutagen mass, I skipped them entirely, was much, much more efficient to just make one every time I could; I'm MR23 now, but if they changed it to where 3 was the minimum, then I'd be glad, as that would make it much better for the players who still do need them.

Edited by Sean

35 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The fact that it will only affect future ones does not matter. Revert It.

Just now, Xsoskeleton said:

taking 3 missions in the cost of 2 forma, 3 days of total crafting time, is much faster.

Please read what you quoted again, because I wrote everything in there to address exactly what you just replied to me with.  I'm not trying to be snarky, I just don't want to be caught in an infinite debate loop.  

1 minute ago, Medane said:

Please read what you quoted again, because I wrote everything in there to address exactly what you just replied to me with.  I'm not trying to be snarky, I just don't want to be caught in an infinite debate loop.  

i dont quote everything; doesnt mean i dont read it all + im replying exactly to that part. Even if u have numerous of forma bp but if u use it on daily basis you will still need at least 2 day just to reserve 2 forma for exilus adapter crafting.

I know it takes time. but not everyone has the same amount of time u can play "casually".

Edited by Xsoskeleton

Man, people calling each other casuals for not having more than a dozen formas stockpiled up. Sorry for trying to put some love into my equips. Also, sorry for not thinking three days build time is pretty stupid.

19 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

Now the exilus adapter on market which is 20p sounds cheaper.

Do devs really need ppl to buy it this badly?

when theyre doing a darvo deal event, its usually to encourage mass purchases, so im wagering theyre light on funds atm

Let's also not forget that if you are going to use an Exilus adapter, you're not only out 2 Forma for building it, but also very likely to need a third one to forma the Exilus slot just to fit a mod into your build.

2 minutes ago, Medane said:

Then stay out of the debate that has already been handled? Your entire first paragraph can be summed up with 'Don't play casually, always choose forma, instead of, perse, something you can sell for Ducats or make, and stockpile them.' Then you went on to saying that Newbs shouldn't be worried about because there is a good chance they won't have to worry about it. Then you complained that YOU are running out of things to put forma into. Because YOUR experience is exactly the same as everyone, and while I've got a 3 year old account, I've totally been playing that entire 3 year time frame.

You literally jumped into the debate, in the snarkiest 'not trying to be snarky but I'm going to agree with this other guy' way you possibly could have, then immediately attempted to backpedal like you just said 'I like toast'

15 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

As an FYI if you earned what was advertised with the current one you'll still get it, just future ones have changed.

Please please reconsider this. Exilus BPs are not remotely worth 3 often fairly long mission runs for, just to be met with that crafting cost, the BPs require way too much to build them. even 1 forma is not a good deal, and these invasions were already extremely rare. Now they're not even worth running at all.

I remember when Exilus invasions used to be BPs before, no one liked that, and everyone complained. Then it got changed eventually.. but now it's getting changed back again.

They show up like a 10th as often as potato invasions as is. At least reconsider the cost of crafting them. 2 forma is comparable to 40p and some other resources. Forma are fairly precious regardless, too. I can't even imagine wanting to use a single forma on an Exilus.

Maybe make them cost double the resources of a forma, as in 2 of each given rare resource, but not use any forma in it?

Change the crafting requirements of the tomato and there won't be an outrage. I have quite a few tomato BP rusting in my inventory because formas have more value than tomatos and I refuse to build them.

Edited by Epicagemo

4 minutes ago, Medane said:

I understand where you are coming from, but I think you may be missing a little bit of the why on why people are upset. Yes, people should be building forma, but those should be for weapons and frames. That stockpile may not be so big for a non vet, and for others, they still may want to use them mostly for weapons and frames. Even vets can use up their forma. You can only build ONE a day, if you aren't going a plat route. Even with perfect building, that's not as much as it sounds if you forma things constantly. 

But that's not even the biggest thing here. It's about a reward making sense in terms of proportion. 

I'll give you an example. As some others in the thread have pointed out, you can have an invasion where it is an exilus adapter blueprint versus a forma blueprint. Think about the silliness of that for a moment lol. It doesn't even make sense, those aren't proportional rewards. 

The main issue, and I am not trying to pull you into a debate, but just explain our side, I'm not trying to convince you, is that exilus adapter has always had a crazy build cost, that never made much sense from the beginning. I think the idea was that since it was available from Simaris, they didn't want it to be too easy to build. That's understandable, but then when they tried to put it in other parts of the game, and follow the blueprint rule like catalyst and reactors for rewards, it didn't make so much sense anymore. Because a reward you have to build isn't much of a reward, if the build requirements are kind of nuts to begin with. I mean, how often do you farm Simaris so you can make an exilus adapter, and then grind two forma to build it? Wouldn't it be much more efficient (and this is unique to the exilus compared to potato's and such), to simply farm a little plat to trade and buy one from the market? And that is clearly what DE wants here, and yet they won't even be honest about it, and call it a bug fix instead. 

They could fix this issue very simply by making the build requirements more in line with blueprints like potato's and forma, and then greatly upping the cost to buy it from Simaris, or remove it from Simaris entirely. 

Maybe they should make up their mind whether they want it to be a plat generating item, or an item with on demand availability (as it sort of is from Simaris). This is truly where all the problems have lay with Exilus from the very beginning. They cannot decide whether it should be on demand or mostly plat only, and that indecision makes it almost impossible to properly balance its build costs or balance it as a reward. 

Seriously? Exilus Adapters are often pitted VS Forma blueprints...and you need two Forma to build an Exilus Adapter. Taking away one of our only opportunities to get prebuilt ones is seriously a massive turn-away from running the Invasions for them.

I think the community would be less upset with these changes if they were communicated as unintentional prior to being "fixed." So far we've had the screen shake on Peacemaker, the Assimilate augment absorbing allied fire, and the Blast Sonicor no longer ragdolling enemies. When do we stop getting "fixes" that will just be reverted later due to immense community feedback and backlash?

Also, no fix for one-handed abilities cancelling reload animations as per:

it would seem no one agrees with the Exilus change ... I say change because honestly it doesn't feel like a fix. Maybe if you were to change the crafting cost to one forma rather than 2 (basically changing the forma into the exilus) then people may not be so ... angry about it. But as it stands now, running an invasion for something you can just buy from Simaris with standing isn't a reward worth the time ... a forma bp is because relics aren't 100% going to give you one, but you can 100% know for sure you can get an exilus BP from Simaris.