Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Obex, zip-a-dee-do-dah build.

(PSN)Magician_NG

Question

I can't deny it, I'm hyped for the prisma obex.  They were an old favorite before I switched to the prisma dual cleavers.  I tested a speed build with the stock obex and liked what I saw.  No doubt the attack speed and status chance buffs on the prisma obex will only enchance my experience.

--------------

Brutal Tide

Berserker / Primed Fury / Entropy Detonation / Shattering Impact

Recoil / Dispatch Overdrive / Primed Reach / Drifting Contact

---------------

Yes, that's right, no primed pressure point.  The idea is to bombard a target with attacks.  As a Trinity main, just sprinkle EV as needed to keep melee channeling up.  Primed reach to increase the range of the knockdown on the second move of brutal tide's basic combo.  Shattering Impact to strip armor off of higher level enemies.  Entropy detonation as the main source of damage; it'll be popping often because with prisma obex's 3.6 attack speed you'll be doing ground finishers quickly and frequently.  And lastly dispatch overdrive to zip around.

The build is awesome.  Makes me feel like Neji from Naruto.  Spin to win, baby.

giphy.gif

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG
corrections

6 answers to this question

Lol. 

I would recommend instead using a Warframe with an Exalted weapon and a rage build for this. 

If you didn't know, Dispatch Overdrive is broken, and can stack infinitely if you swap between your Exalted Weapon, kill something with Dispatch, and then your regular weapon, kill something with Dispatch. 

This only fleetingly works while you host, but almost always works when you're not. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

Lol. 

I would recommend instead using a Warframe with an Exalted weapon and a rage build for this. 

If you didn't know, Dispatch Overdrive is broken, and can stack infinitely if you swap between your Exalted Weapon, kill something with Dispatch, and then your regular weapon, kill something with Dispatch. 

This only fleetingly works while you host, but almost always works when you're not. 

Nice

I read on forum some time ago a discussion about Shattering impact and it ended that it sucks :P

Basicly ppl say the armor reduction is just way to small and it might take ages do even see it workin (if nothing changed ofc, dunno)

PS.

Thats my yesterdays topic about a build for prisma obex if u wanna check some other ideas :D

30 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

I read on forum some time ago a discussion about Shattering impact and it ended that it sucks :P

Basicly ppl say the armor reduction is just way to small and it might take ages do even see it workin (if nothing changed ofc, dunno)

PS

For most weapons I'd imagine shattering impact wouldn't be very good.  But we're talking about a mod that activates per hit, and a lot of weapons only hit once per swing.  The first attack in the default combo of a brutal tide-equipped sparring weapon hits up to seven times, if you're close enough.  The results?  You'll completely strip all the armor off an enemy in roughly five seconds.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

One nice thing about Shattering Impact is that it gives you Armor Removal via the use of 1 mod slot rather than 2.

This means if you want to use mods that are not Electric+Toxin it can take over for that.

So you can make a Slash/Armor removal build on the PDCs.

Or a mega-punchy-build like the one you have on the OP.

So far it seems like a viable choice if you want to run Gas, Viral, or Radiation and still have Armor Removal.

Or get a little crazy and use both Corrosive and Shattering.

if you're interested, MCGamerCZ has a video about that's just a little over 4 minutes long that I think is worth checking out.

Warframe - Shattering Impact

TL;DR he found Shattering to be faster than Corrosive, especially when paired with Viral.

Prisma Obex attacks crazy fast, even more so with your build. So I expect Shattering would work very well there.

Certainly worth checking out and see how it feels to you, because really that's what counts, right?!

Cheers.
~R~

16 minutes ago, Rolunde said:

One nice thing about Shattering Impact is that it gives you Armor Removal via the use of 1 mod slot rather than 2.

This means if you want to use mods that are not Electric+Toxin it can take over for that.

So you can make a Slash/Armor removal build on the PDCs.

Or a mega-punchy-build like the one you have on the OP.

So far it seems like a viable choice if you want to run Gas, Viral, or Radiation and still have Armor Removal.

Or get a little crazy and use both Corrosive and Shattering.

if you're interested, MCGamerCZ has a video about that's just a little over 4 minutes long that I think is worth checking out.

Warframe - Shattering Impact

TL;DR he found Shattering to be faster than Corrosive, especially when paired with Viral.

Prisma Obex attacks crazy fast, even more so with your build. So I expect Shattering would work very well there.

Certainly worth checking out and see how it feels to you, because really that's what counts, right?!

Cheers.
~R~

Thanks for that.