The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ambulas Assassination...

I honestly thought this was going to be another generic boss with “invincibility quirks,” but I was wrong. Ambulas is the best boss fight that I have done in Warframe. There wasn't invincibility, he wasn't just a damage sponge, and you couldn't just stand there and shoot him. The whole battle was extremely dynamic and your focus was constantly shifting. I am VERY happy with this multi-layered high-intensity approach to this boss.

I wish I had shadowplay running during the mission; I went solo so I could figure out the expected invincibility mechanism without being a drag to my teammates and took my trusty Valkyr for when SHTF. I'm so glad I went in blind, it was like true Dark Souls inspired content. *Tears of joy*

Please DE, continue to make boss battles this intense and this focused!

C79137811F15B1E821E2DAF8DE357EAEC6F50331 (1920×1080)

29 minutes ago, -AR.UnseenDivinity said:

I honestly thought this was going to be another generic boss with “invincibility quirks,” but I was wrong. Ambulas is the best boss fight that I have done in Warframe. There wasn't invincibility, he wasn't just a damage sponge, and you couldn't just stand there and shoot him. The whole battle was extremely dynamic and your focus was constantly shifting. I am VERY happy with this multi-layered high-intensity approach to this boss.

I wish I had shadowplay running during the mission; I went solo so I could figure out the expected invincibility mechanism without being a drag to my teammates and took my trusty Valkyr for when SHTF. I'm so glad I went in blind, it was like true Dark Souls inspired content. *Tears of joy*

Please DE, continue to make boss battles this intense and this focused!

C79137811F15B1E821E2DAF8DE357EAEC6F50331 (1920×1080)

I like how Ambulas telegraph its attacks very well (you can see where and when she'll attack) though due to how mobile we are, it translates to her being really easy to dodge :(

Still, I like the overall atmosphere of the fight: felt like we're fighting for something bigger than the Ambulas itself (though I'm kinda disappointed that Frohd Bek fell for us hacking the Ambulas so easily without being suspicious)

Glad you enjoyed it as well :D

I agree with you there, the boss battle is very different...

One thing though...

HE'S WEAKER THAN A BURSA.

Their DPS is worse too....

The problem with the boss battle in my opnion is...it's not exactly fighting AMBULAS...well yes, you are fighting them but they're treated more of a....side objective more like...

the AMBULAS should be the focus here and well....they're so insignificant and underwhelming that I can't even consider them a BOSS. Quite a shame of a good design rework...

They lack the imposing feel, like the Raptors, Razorback, Vay Hek or Lephantis. Their...role in the boss fight is just so confined that you just can't really marvel on their rework all that much....like them alone.

6 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

I agree with you there, the boss battle is very different...

One thing though...

HE'S WEAKER THAN A BURSA. 

Their DPS is worse too....

The problem with the boss battle in my opnion is...it's not exactly fighting AMBULAS...well yes, you are fighting them but they're treated more of a....side objective more like...

the AMBULAS should be the focus here and well....they're so insignificant and underwhelming that I can't even consider them a BOSS. Quite a shame of a good design rework...

They lack the imposing feel, like the Raptors, Razorback, Vay Hek or Lephantis. Their...role in the boss fight is just so confined that you just can't really marvel on their rework all that much....like them alone.

Yeah, Ambulas are quite weak, the way I see it. The "BOSS" is actually the ship, Ambulas is a Corpus proxy that we use to do the damage.

To be perfectly fair, while the Bursa can tank and deal more damage, unlike Ambulas, it. can be trivially immobilized using abilities, whereas Ambulas can't. On a whole, the Ambulas is weaker, but it also has less weakpoints to exploit. 

2 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

To be perfectly fair, while the Bursa can tank and deal more damage, unlike Ambulas, it. can be trivially immobilized using abilities, whereas Ambulas can't. On a whole, the Ambulas is weaker, but it also has less weakpoints to exploit. 

Bursas I think are immune to a lot of abiltiies really.

Like Bastille and Vortex, nothing to them.

Molecular Prime...I think it affects both Ambulas and Bursa...

honestly...they're pretty much the same when it comes to that...

Just now, SprinKah said:

Pretty sure that they're not immune to Bastille.

Aside from that, Frost's Freeze and Avalanche work on them, Rhino's Stomp (IIRC) works on them, and so on.

Frosts are the bane of any Bursa.

Just now, PrVonTuckIII said:

Pretty sure that they're not immune to Bastille.

Aside from that, Frost's Freeze and Avalanche work on them, Rhino's Stomp (IIRC) works on them, and so on.

Frosts are the bane of any Bursa.

I don't have those frames but I think freeze proc affects ambulas...

nonetheless though....I think they're pretty small factors, considering Ambulas is an actual boss and Bursas can spawn in a number of quantity everywhere Corpus. 

3 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

Like Bastille and Vortex, nothing to them.

Molecular Prime...I think it affects both Ambulas and Bursa...

honestly...they're pretty much the same when it comes to that...

Bastille affects them I believe. And thier not immune to any abilities as far as I know.

12 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

I don't have those frames but I think freeze proc affects ambulas...

nonetheless though....I think they're pretty small factors, considering Ambulas is an actual boss and Bursas can spawn in a number of quantity everywhere Corpus. 

They do not. Otherwise my fight against Ambulas wouldn't be worth calling a fight, considering how many Avalanches I was throwing around.

I certainly think that the fight was amazing. It was one of, if not the most, fun bossfights I've played in a while. And I would certainly like to see some token buffs to Ambulas. But I don't think he's as weak as you're making him out to be. 

Edited by PrVonTuckIII

I mean... It was certainly different. But instead of standing and waiting because of a boss being invincible, I found myself largely just standing around waiting because there was nothing to do BUT stand around waiting, killing a handful of weak generic enemies now and then.

The ship bombardments were extremely cool, but also very easy to avoid.

Edited by OvisCaedo

2 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

They do not. Otherwise my fight against Ambulas wouldn't be worth calling a fight, considering how many Avalanches I was throwing around.

I certainly think that the fight was amazing. It was one of, if not the most, fun I've had in a bossfight in a while. And I would certainly like to see some token buffs to Ambulas. But I don't think he's as weak as you're making him out to be. 

I agree with you, one of the better and more unique boss fights out there...it's just that...Ambulas just seems like background fillers to me....it's a REAL SHAME...

2 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

I mean... It was certainly different. But instead of standing and waiting because of a boss being invincible, I found myself largely just standing around waiting because there was nothing to do BUT stand around waiting, killing a handful of weak generic enemies now and then.

The ship bombardments were extremely cool, but also very easy to avoid.

I don't know if I got what you meant entirely but I think the corpus enemies around were very helpful to the CORPUS. you know they deal a lot of damage in groups.

The leeches were annoying, Anti moa grenades are also annoying too.

But you know...there isn't ENOUGH AMBULAS...and that's the problem with the boss battle.

I enjoyed the Boss Fight too.

But that moment when-

You go with 2 of your friends/clan mates.

One of them brings Frost, the other Vauban.

Wave 2 you hack the 1st Ambulas over here as one spawns over there.

You run over there, beat it down and hack it.

You jump in the middle so you can see both.

You look back to the 1st Ambulas and see Vauban and Frost standing on either side of it.

And just behind them... an Osprey hacking Ambulas. :facepalm:

FFS guys!!

:crylaugh: