The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AMBULAS vs BURSA. Video. Bursa is better at withstanding damage and dealing damage!?

SprinKah

I'm sorry guys if this is getting a bit...well...annoying to talk and read about. But it doesn't hurt to well...make discussions about this.

I got a video, a quick one. ANd I want your...thoughts and opinions on it.

There are many factors to consider honestly.

- Their SPEED

- Their DPS

- Their utilities and stuff

- Their raw health and durability

- etc...

To say the least...Ambulas does indeed prevail in the raw HP and durability part I THINK....

but consider other factors, they're SLOWER, they deal LOWER DPS ( Seriously, Bursa has like damage over time laser shotguns, rocket barrage, sapper mines and stuff, etc... )

And well...bursas have stomps that can leave the players knocked down for like...5 seconds, and they're reactive, they don't initiate randomly, nullifier bubbles and other stuff.....grappling hook.

And you know, I don't think the whole "NEW PLAYER" factor is a problem, considering AMBULAS is on PLUTO and Bursas spawn everywhere.

What do you guys think honestly? I've done a lot of tests guys and I can confirm, if you just sit still, Bursas can kill a lot faster than Ambulas.

Edited by SprinKah

Considering the aim of this event is for Frohd's demonstrations to be a total failure perhaps the embarrassment will force him to go back to the drawing board and beef them up a bit before entering the game as regular rare spawns.

That would work well as new players will have been able to enjoy the boss battles successfully and ultimately end-gamers will also get to enjoy a beefed up Ambulas as a challenge rather than a one-shot battle. Seriously my experience with Ambulas has been this:

Drop ship comes in to land. I fire anti-matter drop with absorb augment and it eats dropship projectiles on its way while I charge it with my Gamcor. When it hits, before anything even drops from the ship, everything is dead including the dropships guns and the Ambulas.

I suppose this just illustrates that in a game with so many varied combinations of skill sets, mods, and weapons that its nigh impossible to create a single enemy that can be a challenge for everyone.

3 minutes ago, Last_Hope2299 said:

Buff ambulas and make them immune to stun. Well since u can just stun a bursa and it goes down very very easily.

I would rather that DE stopping going "immune happy" with enemies, like they did with Juggernaut, and come up with abilities to counter something. Just making enemies immune to things makes fights extremely tedious and boring.

Edited by Ryme

3 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Buff Ambulas. No need to nerf Bursas (no, they're nowhere near the level of OPness that people make them out to be). 

Yes, Buff Ambulas.

I mean, no need for like one shot or anything...

maybe just make them move quicker...and more agile than bursas...give them better shield or something.

and the lasers....I think they only deal like 250 dmg....and the spinning beam attack...only the thrid spin really hits you.

Edited by SprinKah

Just now, SprinKah said:

maybe just make them move quicker...and more agile than bursas...give them better shield or something.

and the lasers....I think they only deal like 250 dmg....and the spinning beam attack...only the thrid spin really hits you.

Personally, just a general buff to accuracy would be great. They deal plenty damage. The problem is I can literally crouch in front of one, and it will never hit me.

Just now, PrVonTuckIII said:

Personally, just a general buff to accuracy would be great. They deal plenty damage. The problem is I can literally crouch in front of one, and it will never hit me.

or you know...do that following beam thingy like the Corpus ship, will keep you on your toes all the time.

and yeah...I think damage is...OK ish. but you know...their...hitbox is quite buggy. especially the laser ball shots one.

It'd also be cool...maybe like make their stomps more reactive....they just need something to protect them better...they're super big and easier to shoot at...

6 minutes ago, Ryme said:

I would rather that DE stopping going "immune happy" with enemies, like they did with Juggernaut, and come up with abilities to counter something. Just making enemies immune to things makes fights extremely tedious and boring.

Make them be able to teleport? Like stalker?

Just now, SprinKah said:

or you know...do that following beam thingy like the Corpus ship, will keep you on your toes all the time.

I agree with this. The orbital bombardment mechanic was a great addition. I was somewhat ok with it, if annoyed, when they put it in the Kela De Thaym fight, but in this fight, it actually gave me something to watch out for. Perhaps having it more often in the fight itself would keep the fight even more interesting.

Just now, Last_Hope2299 said:

I mean, I'd like that...it's something!

but when it comes to the Corpus and well...AMBULAS, I think it's better to just make them faster and you know, jump around and dodging more.

Just now, Last_Hope2299 said:

Depends on what you're countering. If it's people running away, a leash or grapple like like Grineer Scorpions. If it's people circle strafing it, a cold patch or bear traps. Bursas actually have a lot of counter abilities that could be ported over to Ambulas.

bursas are fully susceptible to crowd control effects, and their back panel takes some absurdly high amount of bonus damage (I think something to the tune of 400% dmg if dealt to the back panel). Alternately, ambulas resists hard crowd control effects, and, in my opinion, has a much more varied set of attacks. True, at the level that you'll encounter ambuli after the event, they'll be pretty underwhelming, but then again, what boss isn't?

3 minutes ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

bursas are fully susceptible to crowd control effects, and their back panel takes some absurdly high amount of bonus damage (I think something to the tune of 400% dmg if dealt to the back panel). Alternately, ambulas resists hard crowd control effects, and, in my opinion, has a much more varied set of attacks. True, at the level that you'll encounter ambuli after the event, they'll be pretty underwhelming, but then again, what boss isn't?

that's true. But just imagine

if they're going to treat Ambulas as like....occasional enemy dropping in from CORPUS open air  like how it is now ( Which is very much  possible )

I mean, if that is going to be the case AND Ambulas is weaker than Bursas, which are spawned in EVERY corpus missions, inside and outside....you see what I mean there?

Edited by SprinKah