Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed consequences for being killed by Stalker.

On 5/10/2017 at 7:30 AM, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

There are no real consequences for being killed by the Stalker and here are my suggestions. I would post in the Feedback section but I want to generate some sort of discussion and want to know your thoughts. They're not one fused idea but multiple different suggestions and you can comment on each one of them.

Here are my suggestions and:

-When killed by Stalker, you only have one revive during that mission or the next 5 missions

-Alternatively, if killed, you have one revive for 12 to 24 hours however, if you come across the Stalker again and kill him during those hours, you have all your revives back. 

-Losing to the Stalker can give negative effects such as more susceptible to bleeding proc, less health (not affected by nightmare missions and sorties) and so on for 12 hours. 

I think if one of these were to be added, it gives the player to be more incentive to actually try and not to die. You can easily just let him kill and carry on with the mission which does make him pointless and sort of defeats the purpose I guess. It's like a bully coming to you for lunch money or something. Or losing a game of rock, paper, scissors. 

yeah, I kinda want him to be scarier. If he kills you, you get sent to another place where you have to go and do certain things to get back to the real world. Cause it's like that with the zunka. If she kills you (which I haven't had yet) it send you to another place where you don't have weapons or abilities and you have to get them back.

I'm just going to skip all the posts and say this-

The only thing that this would do is punish newer low-MR Players. The ones who most certainly do not need to be "punished"

for being they're low MR and less experienced in the ways of the Stalker.

High MR's will just steamroll him and see duplicate drop which did they get this time, Dread or Blind Justice?

I can see asking for a Tougher Stalker, like a Stage 3 this is my almost Perfect Final Form Stalker to go after higher MR players. 

But adding in "punishments" to the people that it would hurt the most and probably "deserve" it the least just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Cheers.
~R~

On 5/9/2017 at 0:30 PM, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

There are no real consequences for being killed by the Stalker and here are my suggestions. I would post in the Feedback section but I want to generate some sort of discussion and want to know your thoughts. They're not one fused idea but multiple different suggestions and you can comment on each one of them.

Here are my suggestions and:

-When killed by Stalker, you only have one revive during that mission or the next 5 missions

-Alternatively, if killed, you have one revive for 12 to 24 hours however, if you come across the Stalker again and kill him during those hours, you have all your revives back. 

-Losing to the Stalker can give negative effects such as more susceptible to bleeding proc, less health (not affected by nightmare missions and sorties) and so on for 12 hours. 

I think if one of these were to be added, it gives the player to be more incentive to actually try and not to die. You can easily just let him kill and carry on with the mission which does make him pointless and sort of defeats the purpose I guess. It's like a bully coming to you for lunch money or something. Or losing a game of rock, paper, scissors. 

These are too punishing. They would make people turn away from the game. Especially for newer players that don't have the gear to fight Stalker. Every other Death mark has some type of consequence that make you play the game a little more but the punishment you proposed just makes little to no sense. It would be fine if he defeats you, it will spawn in Sentients or something but nothing too harsh. Even the Gustag Three's punishment just makes you lose a few resources. Zanuka's punishment is pretty fun. Yeah, this is also probably really unnecessary.

The Pushover...err I mean Stalker is still giving people trouble? You only need 1 good weapon + operator beam to decimate him.

I think a lot of you are missing the point. He's a rare spawn that's supposed to be imposing. He's currently a joke with drops to match. And resetting your frame takes what? A day to re-level? Not even if you go to the scrub farms.

10 hours ago, Callback said:

I would suicide to him so hard.

Anything for a chance to farm the impossibly rare war part drops from conculyst which take so long to spawn so few of.

okay maybe not sentients as new players cannot handle them alone c.c

maybe just a dark malicious traps and stuff

Make a new quest. Before starting the quest, let a warning message pop up saying that after this quest, negative effects will be applied after every time u r killed by the stalker or whatever. Then ask them to confirm if they will accept this. Make this quest optional. And this version of stalker drops parts which are not dropped by any version of the stalker. Now if u want to remove this negative effect kills by stalker mechanic, do another quest. After this everytime u wish to toggle on or off this mechanic, do a simple set of 2 missions or so.

Dying and losing affinity is enough.  What does it add to the game if dying to him becomes punishing?

Nothing. Frustration. Which will drive more players away, especially new players. What is the difference between me dying to the Stalker and losing some affinity and me dying to the Stalker and failing the mission? A few loading screens. I can just restart the mission. There is no depth added to that interaction. 

There is going to be a point after playing Warframe for long enough that the Stalker loses his intimidation factor. It's just going to happen unfortunately. 

On 9.5.2017. at 9:54 PM, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Yes, let put more stuff in the game that makes new and inexperienced players go "F this" when they're effectively prevented from playing for several hours because of a random boss encounter they weren't prepared for.

Do you want to make ragequits? Because that's how you get ragequits.

^what he said. Personally i wouldnt have an issue with this since stalker is quite easy to defeat with transference but I have to agree that this would be too big of a punishment on the new players who dont have alot of experience.

Why not this consequence?

Stalker takes some of your platinum based on your MR * 10 when you die.

You'll have one chance of taking it back but you need to fight him using his own COMPLETE set weapons (Dread, Hate, Despair etc.) or your preferred but non-modded weapons. Fail and the platinum is forever lost.

MR 5 below and players with 299p or less will not suffer the platinum loss.

17 hours ago, Uzpian said:

You'll have one chance of taking it back but you need to fight him using his own COMPLETE set weapons (Dread, Hate, Despair etc.) or your preferred but non-modded weapons. Fail and the platinum is forever lost.

Really... ?

You think that taking Plat, that someone somewhere spent actual real world money on, is the way to go?

Related image

18 hours ago, Uzpian said:

That's a terrible idea.

To all of you people saying this would be a good idea...

Have you all gone daft?  Every single one of you who have been like "Yeah he's easy you just need to do this" have had in there using a skill that you DO NOT HAVE until you finish The War Within.  You are aware that it is entirely possible to have him show up before you finish that quest right?  You want to be challenged by this guy?  Try to kill him solo without using the Void Beam on him to reset his resistances and THEN tell me he's a push over.

47 minutes ago, FFirebrandd said:

To all of you people saying this would be a good idea...

Have you all gone daft?  Every single one of you who have been like "Yeah he's easy you just need to do this" have had in there using a skill that you DO NOT HAVE until you finish The War Within.  You are aware that it is entirely possible to have him show up before you finish that quest right?  You want to be challenged by this guy?  Try to kill him solo without using the Void Beam on him to reset his resistances and THEN tell me he's a push over.

Shadow Stalker's been a pushover since long before the War Within. The Void Beam makes him easier, but even before that all you needed was to carry two good weapons and be good at dodging. Done.

Between the Second Dream and the War Within, I had a win loss rate against him of around seventy or eighty percent anyway.

On 2017-5-12 at 8:02 PM, BornWithTeeth said:

Shadow Stalker's been a pushover since long before the War Within. The Void Beam makes him easier, but even before that all you needed was to carry two good weapons and be good at dodging. Done.

Between the Second Dream and the War Within, I had a win loss rate against him of around seventy or eighty percent anyway.

I think the Tigris one shots him before he adapts to the damage.