Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #92!

[DE]Rebecca

When will you unbind Arcanes from cosmetics? I have a S#&$ton of Syandanas but only ever use the Telos Syandana because it has Arcane Energize on it and is small and fits on most frames without being an eyesore, switching for the sake of Fashion is just a painful chore.

I am not excited for any new Syandana ever; Tennogen/Prime or otherwise because i know in my dark cold heart i will never use them.

2 Questions:

Will glaives ever receive a mark system where you get to mark enemies in the same manner Ash's bladestorm does?

&

When will be able to color our armor and syadanas different from upon each other?(excited since yall mentioned it in the last devstream)

Edited by (XB1)MiguelL52501

Now that we've got 33 Warframes (Holy sh*t that's actually a lot. Who would have thought we'd come this far?!), are there any plans to go back and touch-up older Warframes, both visually and mechanically, to bring them up to par with the newer released frames? 

Edited by Metronome

Aside from the already frequent questions about the new pump action shotguns and TennoGen 8 release, will there ever be a feature that allows you to hide syandanas like weapons?

I like to use arcanes and they are really useful but on some fashion frames I don't want to use syandanas but I also don't want to miss out on the advantage that arcanes bring.

Also the Warframe Soundtrack Vinyls from iam8bit look really awesome. Will the art from it be made available as Digital download too? I'd love to use them as background for my desktop :)

Edited by moin45moin

Q1: In regards to enhancing clans and dojos this year, will we also see visual improvements to existing content, like a pass on the relatively limited tile areas you can recolor, a relighting that takes into account custom light colors and brightness, placeable light sources to differentiate the "mood", signs with custom messages in Tennobet to give players a way of indicating what part of the dojo they're in? Maybe a range of placable, custom colored textures as well.

Q2: I've always wondered what the basic idea for the Observation room was, apart from allowing players to gaze out into space, I mean. The solar system setup reminds me a lot about the navigation room in the relays. Are there plans to give the Observation room a function similar to our Orbiter's and the relay's navigation areas?

Q3: With the addition of sitting emotes, I think it's safe to remove any instances of dedicated kneeling spots from the dojo and relay, don't you think?

Q4: I really adore my Operator, but whenever she's out and about for a prolonged time I get disappointed by how lifeless they actually are. Yes, they blink very slowly, and in mission have an idle that shows them looking around, but compared to our warframe their body language and particularly facial expressions make them seem like they're mostly devoid of emotion(Something we've seen they're not in TWW). Will we see buyable attitudes(facial expressions/idle sets) at some point?

Q5: You've talked about revamping Focus at some point this year already, and since you probably already know that passives are disproportionally more popular compared to active perks, have you thought about turning every active ability into a passive with charges and gameplay action specific triggers to give players more control over it?

Q6: Will the Focus revamp affect Operator gameplay? It'd be fun to see Operators inherit similar bonuses than their frames once they've gone into Focus.

Q7: You might want to consider touching up the Latron Prime's model a bit, specifically its barrel. It looks distinctly outdated and low poly compared to the rest of the arsenal.

Q8: How about changing the "threat" on planetary tilesets from running out of oxygen to being targeted by an enemy orbital bombardment strike, which players have to delay by activating jamming beacons the Lotus sends in? It'd only require the team to program the bombardment strike effects, altered Lotus flavour text and UI text to fit the situation, which would make a hell of a lot more sense than suffocating in open air.

Q9: With the Riven system being here to stay, did you consider making the quality of the rolls reflect how much Kuva one has spent on them, rewarding with an ever improving(even if its ever so slightly) chance of getting a good result? It's not a perfect solution, but right now the system is essentially just a slow machine with any kind of progression towards a player's goal being entirely based on luck.

Q10: Anything you can share in regards to the Eris planetary tileset? Yes, Steve, I haven't forgotten about your little slip up in your first stream.

Q11: How's the Orokin hacking puzzle coming? Will we ever have an explanation of why the Corpus hacking puzzles have always shown an "Intrusion detected" message regardless of how fast or efficient you are in hacking? Is this a feature that hasn't been worked on since?

Q12: Ever thought about opening the Derelicts up to public play? A way to do that could be by changing the key mechanic to an "timed access" pass, increasing the crafting cost but on the flipside allowing players who use a derelict key to access those missions for a limited amount of time.

Q13: The way you chose to handle draining player resource bloat has been rather unfortunate in the past, as seemingly random weapons requiring 100 times as many resources than every other weapon around them. To address this issue more fairly and efficiently in the future, I'd like to point out a thread I've made very recently about turning every item players can get more than one of into a crafting resource, introducing blueprints for consumables in the game that don't just require 4 specific resources but 4 of a certain category of resources. That way you encourage players to drain what they have most of on an individual bases without punishing certain groups that haven't amassed stockpiles of very specific resource.

Q14: Whenever the subject of endgame is brought up, it almost always comes with suggestions about more 'difficult' content but sufferes from the reliance on extrinsic rewards, which once acquired, cannot attract reward oriented players anymore. Did you ever think about going to polar opposite and expand the agency players have over the world state as a possible way to engage them long term without any need for extrinsic rewards? What if players on a large scale could actually affect the balance of the factions in the solar system like the lore tries to make us believe? Remember when invasions were introduced and the Grineer ended up occupying the entirety of Pluto? What if you allowed for these radical chances to happen in game by design and attach real consequences to the Corpus loosing their Ambulas manufacturing grounds?

Can we get a status update on the old Status mods like Rifle Aptitude, Sure Shot, Melee Prowess, and Shotgun Savvy?

Somewhat related: What do the devs think about changing the Supra Augment Entropy Burst to increase the base status value of the weapon, allowing Status mods to scale off of the augment as well?

This should be a simple one. Can you add commands for our pets. There are times when I would like to be able to have my Kubro stay. An example is when I have found an enemy to scan I  have had my Kubro kill it while I was trying to scan it. There are many times where I would like to have my animal stand by me, or in a certain spot such as a doorway and just be defense, other times where he can wander around and attack like he normally does. We already have two commands when we summon the creatures we make in our foundry (follow, stay). Would be nice to have that as a minimum. Be nicer if you added at least a couple more. Guard- animal would be in a defensive stance either guarding a spot or it's master. (could even give us the ability to have our animal guard a weaker player). Follow-follow us like normal., Attack-enable us to have the animal attack a specific enemy. I'm sure there could be other commands added but these come to mind.

thanks

soul

The in-game descriptions for Oberon's abilities do not mention important facets of his kit like the interactions between Hallowed Ground and his other abilities, the bonus damage Reckoning receives from Radiation, the bleedout buff for Renewal, etc. As a result, many players are unaware of the full breadth of his abilities and must use out-of-game resources to inform themselves. Is there any concern that Oberon's execution may be too complex?

What was wrong with the original visual FX for Hallowed Ground? There have been several complaints that the new effect is harder to see, harder on computers, and doesn't match the in-game description of "righteous fire".

How's shield gating coming along?

Edited by Archwizard

Has there been any consideration to remove Syndicate death squads? As more and more quests and events link to Syndicate activities, it makes little sense for them to be sending death squads at us, especially during said quest or event. Perhaps change the attackers to be sent by bosses like Frohd Bek or Tyl Regor, instead of the Syndicates? 

Would it be possible for the devs to look into implementing some sort of setting that disables/ tones down certain particles/Tenno power visuals?

During Corpus sorties for instance, it can become very difficult to tell what is going on between an Octavia, Limbo, Nova, and Oberon all using their abilities. On top of drones exploding, osprey mines, and other visuals.

I have a few things I need to ask:

1. ETA On Harrow, as well what about the ETA on the Comic/Lore?

2. Any news about the kingpin system?, I'll like to know how big the room will be, as I have a pre-installed room, ready for it and I need to plan ahead, as well what will solo clans be able to do, as most of the time, they are punished a lot.

3. Any news about Umbra? you said he's gonna be the next big quest, but any insight on when or what is soon to come?

4. Any ideas to revamp Dojos as they are super lacklustre right now and a lot of people want the old rooms back, Could you allow us to switch between the old Orokin like hallways?.

5. Will we ever get new rooms, for the dojos, we're lacking new things to show off if I recall right, you said our Ships will be able to dock on our Dojos, what happened to that? 

6. Any idea, to help with clan research being much easier to use?, for example toning the Hema down?  

7. Will Muguet Samples be ever added to the market?

8. Can you please confirm that Ash Rework is done and put the "I want this rework" to rest?

7. Limbo/Oberon changes/fixes, upcoming? (they don't really need it, just wondering)

Edited by LegionCynex

1 hour ago, Manyc said:

This question keeps popping up mid-missions with my clanmates:

Would it be possible to get ingame timers, just like Survival has but for all missions?

To see how long we've taken to complete those Spies or how long have we been inside this Interception, etc..

Given that the EE.log keeps track of mission time, this should be fairly simple.

-----

54 minutes ago, rafacasper said:

please let us use non-prime skins on prime weapons, as you did with warframes.

Have you tried this? I'm pretty sure it's possible.

(Also, nitpick: Cyngas is the archwing shotgun, you mean Cycron. And I agree.)

1) So now that Oberon is just about done getting his tweaks, who's up for the next Rework? Chroma? Hydroid?!?!?! I hope it's Hydroid.

2) Has any further progress been made on Shield Gating? Any updates on that mechanic?

3) Will the Kuva/Riven system get revisited soon, and if so, what can we expect to be improved or changed? Also, are you guys happy with the current implementation of Rivens in general?

4) Any progress updates on those sweet Pump-Action shotties?! I need those in my life.

1. Is DE done with Oberon? Can we get a proper energy regain system for him like Nidus or Octavia? Can you also address Nekros shadows and other AI allies nuking his energy pool. There's also the issue of multiple Hallowed Grounds causing FPS drops.
  2. With the return of Sacrifice (and it's combo with Primed Regen for solo-play), sentinels have another utility mod that companions do not. Sentinels, imo, are in a very good place and competitive. Can you revisit the idea of universal vacuum/vacuum on pets?