The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #92 Overview

AM-Bunny

3 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

"Hey Fawkes can you turn on the purifier for me?"

"I’m sorry, my companion, but no. We all have our own destinies, and yours culminates here. I would not rob you of that."

*watches you die*

War, war never changes.

feel-like-a-sir.jpg~c200

6 hours ago, Evanescent said:

Or against infested. He will be miserable against infested.

Well, non-Ancient infested at least. In itself a little ironic considering his teaser image a few streams back had him amidst Infested as well.

Still, whilst there's some caveats on the effectiveness of his kit as it looks, can't say I'm not interested to try out all the same. And if nothing else, I can at least appreciate the idea of trying to make a frame have a skill ceiling that isn't squarely connected to mods.

At this point, further feedback needs hands on usage. And if nothing else, I'm very interested in what the context of the quest is, considering what the comic teaser is implying...

Sorry for going on, any rate.

1 hour ago, Blakrana said:

Well, non-Ancient infested at least. In itself a little ironic considering his teaser image a few streams back had him amidst Infested as well.

Still, whilst there's some caveats on the effectiveness of his kit as it looks, can't say I'm not interested to try out all the same. And if nothing else, I can at least appreciate the idea of trying to make a frame have a skill ceiling that isn't squarely connected to mods.

At this point, further feedback needs hands on usage. And if nothing else, I'm very interested in what the context of the quest is, considering what the comic teaser is implying...

Sorry for going on, any rate.

I know right? Might do a fanfic if it stokes me up!

Just now, Evanescent said:

I know right? Might do a fanfic if it stokes me up!

Admittedly I was in the midst of rewriting stuff I did from before, then my hard drive died...and I'm thinking hang back a little for after this quest now, as if it does concern Zariman, that's very useful information in general. More info is nice, after all. Nothing else, taking the time as a chance to get some more figured out character details and like.

Either way, good luck on it if it happens. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

That he'll have his niche that he'll fill. Single shot weapons are powerful but no warframe powers are specifically geared towards them. You said yourself that Nidus isn't completely gimped by his own moveset and the same will be for Harrow.

You said he was rooted which made me think you meant stationary (like you can only stay in one place while using him) but then you said you meant conceptually. You are the one who said (and thinks) nidus isn't completely gimped by his on move set...not me hehe.

16 hours ago, Belqo said:

Still no love for Kubrows/Kavats/Helmiths vacuum :(

They actually talked about this and said if they do release a new MOA like pet it will have vacuum but we'll most likely not be seeing it on Kubrows etc etc since they're not machines/robots but if they were to change them they would add something unique and not just make vacuum universal for all pets.

20 hours ago, Fugana said:

You know when the "Dating Simulator" is away more important than the full Orbiter, Umbra, Sentients, Focus rework, and new content in form of story quests 
Naaaah China don't own us and we have full control over the game [instantly develops dating simulator between teenagers] 

and pls dont delete my comment

My thoughs too, another disappointing dev stream. Guess I'll hold out hold for the next one.

The whole stream was disappointing to me to be honest, They hardly showed anything impressive.

New enemy & a weapon that they don't even know if we will get, Ok fine.

A frame this time with a gimmick that hardly fits him? Why is a priest so focused on headshots?, he has only 1 power that affects enemies and everything else is from what is shown is just mediocre mid-game buffs with hardly any potential, this might be another Nidus situation where i judge the frame too fast, but if harrow has more to him then this gameplay hardly did him any justice.

Captura & Chat filters, Ok? stuff that should've been here a while ago but sure. not going to say no

Dual wielding, again the gameplay hardly showcased much, they picked the most basic weapon and did some air dash attacks, and 80% of the gameplay was just trying to make Harrow work with headshots, I understand it still is in early stage development, but even the buggy 2 minute presentation they did the first time they showed it was more exciting than this.

The questions, Really? 17 pages in the Devstream thread filled with questions and the best thing that came into the stream was configurations for Operator fashion frame and Removal of death squads during quests? The Pump action shotguns you showed? The fan weapon you showed? The Ember & Zephyr Deluxe skins? The Equinox Alt helmet? Shield gating? Focus? You have nothing to say on any of those but operator fashion frame needed to be addressed?

I understand that they might be keeping things hidden to leave some content so people get hype at TennoCon but come on, outside of Harrow and the new enemy they hardly showed anything and by the time I reached this point in my post, I already had forgotten they showcased the new sniper pistol which by itself shows how unexciting and hardly impactful it was for me.

I really hope next Devstream is better because this was really disappointing for me.

Yeah...the past couple of Devstreams feel like they've been way happier to address questions about cosmetics than questions about game mechanics, setting information, quests, and lore.

Now, they totally have the right to be cagey about that stuff, but I do hope the reason for it is that they are sitting on some cool developments.

24 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Yeah...the past couple of Devstreams feel like they've been way happier to address questions about cosmetics than questions about game mechanics, setting information, quests, and lore.

Now, they totally have the right to be cagey about that stuff, but I do hope the reason for it is that they are sitting on some cool developments.

You mean instead of possibly because of the Toxicity of some of the people? and because of the upsurge of cheating?

Wow, this devstream was... I mean I hoped they would show something more than harrow gameplay, maybe there is something wrong with me but Im kinda sick of DE releasing new warframe every freaking new update I feel like they should focus on gameplay mechanics and endgame stuff or maybe do better introduction into warframe mechanics to new players, look at what things they mentioned in previous devstreams and we didn't get them Umbra, clan made missions, kingpin system etc and solar rails are still to be reworked, I want this game to be better than it is releasing new warframe every bigger update isn't gonna fix repetetive gameplay

On 2017. 05. 13. at 8:53 PM, Midrib said:

The whole stream was disappointing to me to be honest, They hardly showed anything impressive.

New enemy & a weapon that they don't even know if we will get, Ok fine.

A frame this time with a gimmick that hardly fits him? Why is a priest so focused on headshots?, he has only 1 power that affects enemies and everything else is from what is shown is just mediocre mid-game buffs with hardly any potential, this might be another Nidus situation where i judge the frame too fast, but if harrow has more to him then this gameplay hardly did him any justice.

Captura & Chat filters, Ok? stuff that should've been here a while ago but sure. not going to say no

Dual wielding, again the gameplay hardly showcased much, they picked the most basic weapon and did some air dash attacks, and 80% of the gameplay was just trying to make Harrow work with headshots, I understand it still is in early stage development, but even the buggy 2 minute presentation they did the first time they showed it was more exciting than this.

The questions, Really? 17 pages in the Devstream thread filled with questions and the best thing that came into the stream was configurations for Operator fashion frame and Removal of death squads during quests? The Pump action shotguns you showed? The fan weapon you showed? The Ember & Zephyr Deluxe skins? The Equinox Alt helmet? Shield gating? Focus? You have nothing to say on any of those but operator fashion frame needed to be addressed?

I understand that they might be keeping things hidden to leave some content so people get hype at TennoCon but come on, outside of Harrow and the new enemy they hardly showed anything and by the time I reached this point in my post, I already had forgotten they showcased the new sniper pistol which by itself shows how unexciting and hardly impactful it was for me.

I really hope next Devstream is better because this was really disappointing for me.

They are making less interesting devstreams too. I know it wasn't so good and not as impressive as some of the older devstreams but at least we know some hints. Usualy they make 1 good after 2-3 meidocre 1 good and a terrible devstream.

I am not really pay any attention to the streams I am more like that person whom reading the patch notes or sometimes reading bunny's overviews.

Edited by Agrissa88

I don't understand preserving the operators identity. I mean we can already switch all these things around, we just don't have ways of saving more than 1 configuration at a time.

It's not like we're locked in to 1 look after completing the quest.

Edited by Madway7

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2017 at 3:09 PM, AM-Bunny said:

• Not opposed to adding A-B-C visual loudouts to Operators, but it probably wouldn't extend to gender/facial options to preserve the player's 'identity' -- no immediate plans to implement though

Most player's don't identify with their operators.  In fact, it's not until they've been playing for hundreds of hours that players even learn of their operators EXISTENCE, much less identify with the angsty little twits.