Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for Watching Devstream #92!

[DE]Rebecca

Honestly, im kind of disappointed of Harrow. I thought he would be more dark themed, as he intended to be on a first view. I mean, more like Nekros, Inaros or Nidus at least. I thought "sacrificing himself for his team" would be more like some dark ritual, not like "use your shield to gain invulnerability". But, in result, chains, buffs, headshots - I dont know why is he priest-themed that way. Honestly, he could be more unprisoned-themed, but we already got valkyr

Edited by TheOlright

16 minutes ago, Kotih said:

i find it hard to report elitist behavior because i cant just stop a mission to log the chat, and it disappears entirely after the mission, wiping the evidence

Is "elitist behavior" automatically bad?

I beg to differ, I think it's a small percentage that gets negative attention and the others almost never comes to attention at all.(Think about Rule #14)

But we will never know until some investigation gets done, which seems redundant at the moment.

Cheers :)

36 minutes ago, V45H said:

because of drop control in life support missions

really? This is your best excuse? Please tell me you can do better. This is where it being an option would come in handy for people like you. Would you still be against it as an option?

7 hours ago, armedpoop said:

Why would you ever oppose this? Please give me a good reason. 

vac causes rushing and with bullet twirling it means that you can run straight to your objective and everything else in the stage is a completely waste.

Plus what's the point of drops if you dont have to worry about them? What you essentially want is to get rid of drops. Just have everything automatically appear on you once the enemy dies.

4 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

vac causes rushing and with bullet twirling it means that you can run straight to your objective and everything else in the stage is a completely waste.

Plus what's the point of drops if you dont have to worry about them? What you essentially want is to get rid of drops. Just have everything automatically appear on you once the enemy dies.

Is this really your reasoning? Not only should you NOT dictate how others play the game, you also shouldnt tell others what they want. 

Everyone that has the ability to rush thru missions does so already, so what difference does it make? 

If we had everything appear in inventory once the enemy died, we would take afk farming to a whole new level, and everyone knows that DE doesnt want that. 

Would you still oppose universal vacuum if it was an option?

7 hours ago, armedpoop said:

Would you still oppose universal vacuum if it was an option?

Not the person you were replying to but I understand DE's reluctance to effectively scrap the physical loot mechanic. I think that universal vacuum is a mistake and DE know that it will really hurt the game eventually. They tried all the compromises and players still didn't want to engage with physical loot.

The step after that isn't universal vacuum it's removing physical loot altogether, because it has no purpose when players have to make no decision and/or take no action to collect it.

Remember, this game is based on DE making impediments to players "getting what we want" that is all this game is, physical loot is part of that, it's not supposed to be done for you.

To be honest, I know it wouldn't be popular, but DE's cleanest course of action is probably to scrap vacuum altogether. 

Edited by SilentMobius

2 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

Not the person you were replying to but I understand DE's reluctance to effectively scrap the physical loot mechanic. I think that universal vacuum is a mistake and DE know that it will really hurt the game eventually. They tried all the compromises and players still didn't want to engage with physical loot.

The step after that isn't universal vacuum it's removing physical loot altogether, because it has no purpose when players have to make no decision and/or take no action to collect it.

Remember, this game is based on DE making impediments to players "getting what we want" that is all this game is, physical loot is part of that, it's not supposed to be done for you.

To be honest, I know it wouldn't be popular, but DE's cleanest course of action is probably to scrap vacuum altogether. 

That solution is going to drop a lot of players all together. The real issue is that sometimes, physical items drop in places that are completely unreachable unless you were to use vacuum. I have played one whole week without it, and I realized that is the biggest problem of not having vaccuum. There are too many items scattered around, and it makes collecting them on foot nothing more than a chore. If you are unlucky enough that rare mod drops and slips into a crack you can never ever reach. That has happened to me before.

So until DE fixes the physics or clumping of dropped items, scrapping vacuum will result into boycott guaranteed.

[Another solution if you don't want to do anything to vacuum, is to add more ways to farm different resources.]

Edited by RavingRoman

2 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

How does actively impeding a players quality of life help the game? I dont understand how universal vacuum is bad. Gathering loot is one of the worst things to do in this game without vacuum. Vacuum at this point might as well be treated as a warframe power mod and be done away with in favour of it always being attached to your frame (or as an option)

Picking up loot is one of the least engaging things about this game. Im not saying remove picking up loot all together, just cut out the unnecessary bit of having to walk over each and every box so preciously. Picking up loot is NOT fun and it adds NOTHING to the game. In fact, it actively makes it worse without vacuum. 

You seem to be against universal vacuum, you quoted my question, but didnt answer it. 

Edited by armedpoop