Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 92: Council Challenge

Hey guys! We toned down the Nullifier spawns for the alert. They were out in full force, so we made a quick edit to only have 4 Nullifiers out at a time. The change should be live now, if not give it a couple minutes to register. Good luck out there! 

2 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! We toned down the Nullifier spawns for the alert. They were out in full force, so we made a quick edit to only have 4 Nullifiers out at a time. The change should be live now, if not give it a couple minutes to register. Good luck out there! 

Why? We have Miter!

1 minute ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! We toned down the Nullifier spawns for the mission. They were out in full force, so we made a quick edit to only have 4 Nullifiers out at a time. The change should be live now, if not give it a couple minutes to register. Good luck out there! 

Why??? I dodn't even got to run the mission before it was nerfed :c

I've been noticing that the Design Council alerts have been getting more and more obscene as time goes on. I mean, the first one was... That one where it was basically impossible if you didn't have a Covert Lethality dagger and a frame that could Blind, Sleep, or Stun, but stupidly easy if you did, if I remember correctly. Or maybe that was a Tennocon special thing. Then we had to go melee only (which isn't that bad as long as you have either Acolyte mods or a caster frame that wouldn't be relying on weapon damage to begin with) against 10 waves of high-leveled but fair Infested with a surprise obscenely over-leveled version of one of the worst-designed minibosses in-game at the end.

And now we have "uninspired Corpus cheesecake factory #1,852?" Seems like a logical, if detestable, progression.

EDIT: Given staff response, will have to see for myself whether the above is still true.

Edited by Dreddeth
Ninja'd

38 minutes ago, Tyrian3k said:

Why let the council vote if you make it completely different anyway?

Based on a quick glance at the poll numbers and the conditions mentioned in this thread, it looks like they include the second choices of all options as well.  Perhaps @[DE]Danielle should have made the voting rules and results a bit clearer.

16 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

What is with these? Seriously, these are a joke. I spawned in with 3 randoms who all died in 5 seconds as they were all low lvl players. Everywhere were Nullifiers, you couldn't move without running into a ton of them and of course in the time it took me to revive one player, they killed the pod. I'm done with these silly things. The Jugg was bad enough as it was glitched under the pod 3 times in a row, so I just stopped trying. I'm done with this one now. Fool me once....

Edited by (XB1)GryffsDeadCorps
Typo

4 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Based on a quick glance at the poll numbers and the conditions mentioned in this thread, it looks like they include the second choices of all options as well.  Perhaps @[DE]Danielle should have made the voting rules and results a bit clearer.

It was very clear.  From the voting thread:

• The alert will be a Corpus Defense mission.
  • Enemies min/max levels will be 80-100. 
  • There will be only 1 condition. 
  • Enemies will be based on the top 2 voted units from each category. 
  • The top voted end-of-mission boss will appear at the end of the mission (ala Devstream #91’s surprise Juggernaut). 
  • Due to custom alert creation, the end-of-mission boss will not drop any of its intended drops when killed at the end of the mission. 

33 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

So i just tried this new challlange and i gotta ask...

THE HELL IS THIS MADNESS?!

We are getting swarmed by eximus nullfiers and eximus sapping offspreys along with moas all at lv 80 while we try to defend a pod. In the first minute our team has died out thanks to the offspray minefield all around the place.

Seriously for what weapons and frames were this one designed?

Unless i get an ogris riven with 300% multishot and 200% damage i have no idea what could effectively mow down these guys before they reach the pod and turn the area into a minefield.

Does anybody have an idea how to do this?

To be completely honest I waited for some feedback here before I tried it.  I took Titania with full gas loaded into my primary to power her pistols and it was obscene how effective it was.  The rest of my squad was a random PUG including a Mastery 5.  Per your warning I focused on the nullifiers and then sappers so my squad on the ground could run their cc.  Their frames were valkyr, octavia, and nyx.

Stuff would group up on the nullies, and then the gas Dex Pixia just ripped through them all.  But, yeah, don't fly low, or ever be near the ground really.

And at the end it spawned 3 lvl 150 juggernauts, and we rage quit.  Just joking, The Sargent took longer to spawn than it did to kill.  We did it on our first try.

10 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Oh? 

And what about all those who (and I quote) "sucked it up" and beat the mission as it was, with Nullie swarms? No "respect" towards their "effort"? Thought so. So next time you come up with another Hema-like nightmare, please don't use that excuse. Yes, I'm still salty about that research cost. 

As for the mission... One nuker (Quake Banshee, Spore Saryn, Mesa), one Frost to keep stray bullets away, maybe one EV (or a bunch of pizzas) and a lot of high-RoF weapons to pop the bubbles. I cleared the version where Nullies were "out in full force", and except for a rather disappointing boss, it was okay-ish. 

3 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

As for the mission... One nuker (Quake Banshee, Spore Saryn, Mesa), one Frost to keep stray bullets away, maybe one EV (or a bunch of pizzas) and a lot of high-RoF weapons to pop the bubbles. I cleared the version where Nullies were "out in full force", and except for a rather disappointing boss, it was okay-ish. 

Doesn't help much when half the bubbles bug out and don't vanish for clients.

Just now, Tyrian3k said:

Doesn't help much when half the bubbles bug out and don't vanish for clients.

Yeah, nasty bug, that.

Thankfully, it's not happening 100% of the time, so I simply aborted my first run when I saw un-poppable Nullies and cleared it on the second. I sure hope this bug wasn't part of the design :D

1 minute ago, Reifnir said:

Yeah, nasty bug, that.

Thankfully, it's not happening 100% of the time, so I simply aborted my first run when I saw un-poppable Nullies and cleared it on the second. I sure hope this bug wasn't part of the design :D

I see those pretty much every single mission.

16 minutes ago, Callback said:

It was very clear.  From the voting thread:

• Enemies will be based on the top 2 voted units from each category. 

Well, there we go, even I didn't read it properly enough to retain that fact.  So there isn't much reason to complain about it.

27 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Aww, I think you reacted too quickly on this one.  It wasn't really a challenge at all.  I have a different opinion about nullifiers and sappers in the main game, but go ahead and crank it up to 11 in a DC challenge.  

I liked it, my biggest complaint sadly was being able to actually load into the mission. My first 3 attempts (public match) ended with 2 disconnects from the host before I even entered the mission, then on the other attempt I finally loaded in I was given the mission fail screen 1 second later... At this point I was giving serious consideration to just going solo. but I decided to try getting into the mission one last time.  I really like doing the desgin council missions with a group due to more enemies and the extra mayhem that generates (as well as seeing other players warframe choices).

Thankfully I got in on my last public try and I found myself with 6 waves to go. It bugged at wave 5 with an invisible NPC (or so the others in the team members said) which had 2 of our team leave (which included the host...), this reset the wave and me and the other group member were then able to complete the mission.

For those interested Mesa seems a really good choice (assuming good end game mods which are maxed), the "shatter shield" helps a fair bit with the incoming damage and if someone pops the nullifier bubbles for you it is even easier. Otherwise you need to switch in and out of "peacemaker" a lot to pop them - which I had to do at the end as my team mate was having a really tough time of it. You can gun down the ospreys really fast with peacemaker before they get close enough to start carpet bombing. I ended the mission with 87% damage contributed and 2 deaths on my part.

Edited by Fated_Prophet

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

So i just tried this new challlange and i gotta ask...

THE HELL IS THIS MADNESS?!

We are getting swarmed by eximus nullfiers and eximus sapping offspreys along with moas all at lv 80 while we try to defend a pod. In the first minute our team has died out thanks to the offspray minefield all around the place.

Seriously for what weapons and frames were this one designed?

Unless i get an ogris riven with 300% multishot and 200% damage i have no idea what could effectively mow down these guys before they reach the pod and turn the area into a minefield.

Does anybody have an idea how to do this?

Just did it with a team of Nekros, Inaros, Rhino, and Trinity. I brought along every specters I could fit into my gear and a drop ship charge for an auto turret. Took us a couple tries but it ended up being pretty fun.

On a side note, I'm a little disappointed that it didn't end up a lvl 500+ Sergent

Edited by Sylvaky

2 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

oh come on... dont tone it down. Some of us actually can beat that mission without cheesing, and welcome the challenge. Its not like 3 nitain is worth it in the first place....

Edited by Faulcun

I agree with leaving it as it was - I did this mission twice right after it popped up, and in both I was the only one who bothered to target Nullifiers in a full group of random Pubs.

It's really not difficult to prioritise key enemies, especially ones as highly visible as these.

If it's deemed too much of a struggle to deal with them, then I'd have to consider it possible that's down to the section of the player base who aren't ready for these kind of missions in the first place.