Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #92 Overview

[DE]Taylor

On 5/12/2017 at 11:37 PM, NightmareT12 said:

Indeed a good chunk need a pass, specially older ones. But this will help for certain :)

I can't wait for Hydroid Prime now. Euphona Prime + Nami Solo Prime/Dakra Prime? A true pirate experience :P

Hydroid prime is goin to be here soon

Oberon is goin to be next prime, and then it will be Hydroid turn. Oberon should come to life in about a month or so, then 3 month from there, you'll be able to go full pirate :)

On 12/05/2017 at 8:00 PM, Nukke said:

Harrow seems really underwhelming, Trinity seems to do everything better. Need to test it to reach my final conclusion though, there might be more to it than that devstream lead me to believe.

Rebecca didn't have the opportunity to cover every aspect of his abilities, but we went into more detail in the overview:

Passive: Double Overshield Capacity

Ability 1: Creates a ray that chains enemies, leaving them open for headshots, which synergizes with his kit. You obtain shields for each enemy hit.

Ability 2: Casting sacrifices your shields, gaining a buff that lasts longer the more shields are sacrificed, in exchange for reload and fire rate buffs. While it’s active, you will also heal allies in affinity range for a percentage of damage dealt.

Ability 3: Casting spawns a spectral thurible, which grants you energy for every headshot you get within its range. The longer you hold 3 down, the more energy the ability costs but the more energy you’ll make back per headshot kill.

Ability 4: Casting makes you invulnerable for a short duration. Once the invulnerability ends, you will gain additional critical chance on headshots. The more damage prevented in the first phase the larger the damage bonus will be.

a few questions about harrows abilities and a suggestion:

ability 1:

does it require that you head shot to get shields?

does it go in a straight line like nidus's 1?

does it give me overshields when im at full shields?

ability 2:

are overshields taken into consideration?

do i i need to do headshots, headshot kills, hit enemies or just kill enemies to get the heal?

what percentage is at base and is it effected by strength?

how will beam weapons like the amprex work with this ability?

ability 3:

how long is the base animation?

am i stuck in place while casting?

is the time it takes to fully charge effected by duration mods, cast speed mods or no mods?

suggestion- every 5 headshot kills adds to the range of the ability for the duration of its activation

- make it recastable so we dont need to wait in place for 5 seconds and can instead choose to refresh the ability duration where it is

ability 4:

does duration effect the invulnerability timer?

if i were to increase strength would that effect how much damage is needed to give me more or less damage bonuses? 

a general suggestion for his kit:

make it to where it does -25% effectiveness for the shield, heal, and energy buffs but does +25% effectiveness on head shots

@[DE]Taylor

Edited by (PS4)TwilightGrim

6 minutes ago, (PS4)TwilightGrim said:

a few questions about harrows abilities and a suggestion:

ability 1:

does it require that you head shot to get shields?

does it go in a straight line like nidus's 1?

does it give me overshields when im at full shields?

ability 2:

are overshields taken into consideration?

do i i need to do headshots, headshot kills, hit enemies or just kill enemies to get the heal?

what percentage is at base and is it effected by strength?

how will beam weapons like the amprex work with this ability?

ability 3:

how long is the base animation?

am i stuck in place while casting?

is the time it takes to fully charge effected by duration mods, cast speed mods or no mods?

suggestion- every 5 headshot kills adds to the range of the ability for the duration of its activation

- make it recastable so we dont need to wait in place for 5 seconds and can instead choose to refresh the ability duration where it is

ability 4:

does duration effect the invulnerability timer?

if i were to increase strength would that effect how much damage is needed to give me more or less damage bonuses? 

a general suggestion for his kit:

make it to where it does -25% effectiveness for the shield, heal, and energy buffs but does +25% effectiveness on head shots

@[DE]Taylor

I would hope and expect that his 1 does give overshields considering his passive, but confirmation would be nice.

43 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

I would hope and expect that his 1 does give overshields considering his passive, but confirmation would be nice.

If you look at the gameplay, Rebecca's shields go from blue to purple, showing that it does indeed give overshields.

6 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Passive: Double Overshield Capacity

Ability 1: Creates a ray that chains enemies, leaving them open for headshots, which synergizes with his kit. You obtain shields for each enemy hit.

Ability 2: Casting sacrifices your shields, gaining a buff that lasts longer the more shields are sacrificed, in exchange for reload and fire rate buffs. While it’s active, you will also heal allies in affinity range for a percentage of damage dealt.

Ability 3: Casting spawns a spectral thurible, which grants you energy for every headshot you get within its range. The longer you hold 3 down, the more energy the ability costs but the more energy you’ll make back per headshot kill.

Ability 4: Casting makes you invulnerable for a short duration. Once the invulnerability ends, you will gain additional critical chance on headshots. The more damage prevented in the first phase the larger the damage bonus will be.

Thanks Taylor! That's a bit more detailed there, but still some unknown aspects about his powers that I can't wait to find out, such as:

1. Can ability 1 be cast in the air? Does the ray travel along the ground only or can it travel toward where you aim (for example, you sit somewhere high and cast 1 at enemies some distance away and below you, would the ray move diagonally or just straight forward horizontally)? That makes a big difference in playstyle, and whether ability 1 would be useful to players who love to snipe from above or if they have to stick to grounded gameplay to benefit.
  2. Are the reload and fire rate buffs given to nearby teammates as well? Can teammates heal you if they do damage and you are in their Affinity Range?
  3. If one player gets a headshot kill, does only he/she get the energy, or will it be given to nearby allies as well? I heard Scott mention Affinity Range for ability 3 as well, so that sparked my curiosity.
  4. Are the brief invulnerability and headshot critical chance bonus given to nearby allies?

Mostly concerned about these details because Harrow is a support Warframe, and I love team-friendly abilities.

Harrow seems to be DE's answer to the short use of Snipers in Warframe... Maybe.

Dual wielding is a direct blast-from-the-past from Dark Sector, but the problem persistst. Enemy AI and camera position still favour shooting instead or sparring. If you are trully looking for that DMC experience (like Steve stated but which is dificult without lock-on), two things need to happen:

-only two changes of weapon (primary and this new one) so we can easely chain combos and switch between long and short range fighting;

-stances have to be automatically active in this option to easely do combos;

-camera needs to be a bit more pushed back and higher (think Volt speed 2nd ability) so we can easelly see and attack enemies, not only in front, but to our sides or even behind.

I played a lot DMC and I would love to perform the dinamic fights, but for this to work in Warframe this (at least) needs to happen. Or else it will probably be a fiasco (like Dark Sector, sorry but it is true) since it is easier to not take any damage and just shoot enemies instead of fighting them directly.

Also, if you are trully interested in giving Glaives a higher performance/use in game, make them do lock-on to targets like Ash's Bladestorm.

I'm a bit confused about his 3rd - must be something I'm not getting? It sounds like you cast it to get energy back on headshots, yet it costs energy to cast. And more energy back the longer it goes, yet costs more the longer it goes, sooo.....doesn't that mean there's no point to it? 

Considering all harrow's mechanics hinges on shields and overshields, will we be getting the desired shield gating on damage finally?

Consider that warframe shields are total garbage as a defense compared to say Halo shields:

- if shields go down remaining damage maims the frame;

- shield restart and regeneration is abhorrently slow without dedicated mods on frame or sentinel;

- many effects simply ignore shielding and directly maul the frame;

- shields have no damage reduction of any kind so 5000 hp worth of shields are much less than what a frame with decent armour can tank;

- armor, shield and damage scaling on enemy units is STILL borked - a Volt with max healt and shields still gets oneshotted by regular starmap enemies

10 hours ago, Serien5 said:

I'm a bit confused about his 3rd - must be something I'm not getting? It sounds like you cast it to get energy back on headshots, yet it costs energy to cast. And more energy back the longer it goes, yet costs more the longer it goes, sooo.....doesn't that mean there's no point to it? 

It means you that same amount back per headshot kill. For example, you charge it for 25 energy, release the button to place it down, then shoot and kill a guy with headshot, get 25 energy... so kill 2 guys with headshots, get 50 energy, etc.