The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal vacuum on warframes.

bronzebonobo

There is no downside to it, it is going to free up mod space for sentinels and maybe i can bring my doggo pickles or my cat sparkles out and actually use them, and for the people that like wearing a full body cast during a mission, make it a toggle on/off in the menu so if you like gimping yourself then by all means break your limbs, i bet 99% of the community use sentinels anyway because it makes picking up loot less of a chore and lets you focus on the gameplay, shooting stuff etc.

Don't know why this hasn't been implemented yet, we have asked for it for years.

Edited by bronzebonobo
Edit: for clarification, it should be innate to warframes, not a band aid mod.

Gonna state what I just said on another thread:

But then does there really become any point in having loot drop? If you make vacuum innate, you may as well just give us the loot drop directly into our inventory when the enemy drops it, imo.

Remove it as a Sentinel mod and perhaps make it an exilus mod, sure. Then you would have to decide between easier pickups, finding loot easier, better mobility, etc. But I don't want vacuum to be innate.

Edited by (PS4)rowansprite

You don't need to always loot everything around you. AoE looting is a convenience, not an integral effect to core gameplay. Same as with auction houses, their convenience isn't needed, and in their case would even cause severe harm by allowing players to trade exceptionally fast.

1 minute ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

Gonna state what I just said on another thread:

no, no more band aid mods, tired of that already, and yes loot will still exist, there is literally no counter argument to this other than "oh look a filthy casual, that pleb is using vacuum" and there is a suggestion for you, if you don't want it, turn it off in the menu, very simple stuff.

What a universal warframe vacuum would bring to the table:

I will actually use my dog

I will actually use my cat

I will still use sentinels when need be

Free up mod space on sentinels

More companion diversity, aka not 99.95% of the community using sentinels

If you like gimping yourself, it is a toggle in the menus

If you don't want vacuum on, then turn it off, very simple.

3 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

You don't need to always loot everything around you. AoE looting is a convenience, not an integral effect to core gameplay. Same as with auction houses, their convenience isn't needed, and in their case would even cause severe harm by allowing players to trade exceptionally fast.

resources are not tradeable, and if you are farming for stuff, make it easier on yourself and bring a sentinel.

3 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

We asked for other sentinels to get vacuum. We got it.

Now people ask for innate warframe vacuum... Come on, we got what we wanted for a long time. 

it should have been changed to warframes a long time ago

It's not a band-aid mod in that case though. It's literally the opposite. It would introduce mod balance to not only exilus mods (most people probably use a mobility mod in the exilus slot if I had to guess), but it would also allow you to diversify what companions people use, AND make it optional all at the same time.

5 minutes ago, bronzebonobo said:

no, no more band aid mods, tired of that already, and yes loot will still exist, there is literally no counter argument to this other than "oh look a filthy casual, that pleb is using vacuum" and there is a suggestion for you, if you don't want it, turn it off in the menu, very simple stuff.

What a universal warframe vacuum would bring to the table:

I will actually use my dog

I will actually use my cat

I will still use sentinels when need be

Free up mod space on sentinels

More companion diversity, aka not 99.95% of the community using sentinels

If you like gimping yourself, it is a toggle in the menus

If you don't want vacuum on, then turn it off, very simple.

I could not agree more. Warframe is a casual game in itself, it's simply no argument to not have unversal vacuum cause it's "too casual"

It's convenience, yes. If you don't want to have universal vacuum, then good for you. But don't go to the point where your opinion is also ruining my gameplay. (or anyone else's gameplay, just used myself as an example.)

Edited by Potato

if you make innate in frames, you have to be willing to pay the price, cut its range down to 6m max

that was the condition that they let it be innate in sentinels, if it was built into frames it'd probably be closer to 4m instead

people wanted the full range back, so it got turned back into a mod. you can't have both the full range and zero cost

Edited by NightBlitz

7 minutes ago, Potato said:

I could not agree more. Warframe is a casual game in itself, it's simply no argument to not have unversal vacuum cause it's "too casual"

It's convenience, yes. If you don't want to have universal vacuum, then good for you. But don't go to the point where your opinion is also ruining my gameplay. (or anyone else's gameplay, just used myself as an example.)

oh look, common sense, and you are absolutely right, just because a few don't want the change, oh well, i bet over 3/4 of this community would welcome this change

11 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

if you make innate in frames, you have to be willing to pay the price, cut its range down to 6m max

that was the condition that they let it be innate in sentinels, if it was built into frames it'd probably be closer to 4m instead

people wanted the full range back, so it got turned back into a mod. you can't have both the full range and zero cost

Why do people want to nerf vacuum just to make it universal? It's just vacuum, it's a convinience, it doesn't make the missions easier, it would break nothing. 

Edited by malekas

Just now, malekas said:

Why do people want to nerf vacuum just to make it universal? It's just vacuum, it's a convince, it doesn't make the missions easier, it would break nothing. 

Because just because people don't like something, they'd go out of their way to ruin it for everyone else. They make it seem as if making vacuum universal would make warframe 10x easier. Instead, all it does is make the game a better experience for kubrow/kavat users.

Just now, malekas said:

Why do people want to nerf vacuum just to make it universal? It's just vacuum, it's a convince, it doesn't make the missions easier, it would break nothing. 

why do people  want to be ultra lazy and have a built in vacuum at no cost at all?

DE decided that if sentinels had innate vacuum, it'd have a lower range and that the full range would be a mod. deal with that

12 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

i will reiterate what i said again: vacuum doesn't need to be nerfed, just put it on warframes, BAM, fix companion diversity, you wanna know why it got changed back, because people did not ask for it to be nerfed, there is no point in nerfing it, just put it on warframes and fix alot of problems immediately, honestly just because something gets changed doesn't mean they should smack it around with the nerf bat.

Just now, bronzebonobo said:

i will reiterate what i said again: vacuum doesn't need to be nerfed, just put it on warframes, BAM, fix companion diversity, you wanna know why it got changed back, because people did not ask for it to be nerfed, there is no point in nerfing it, just put it on warframes and fix alot of problems immediately, honestly just because something gets changed doesn't mean they should smack it around with the nerf bat.

so you want it at full range at no cost? no, not gonna happen, DE showed that already with the first change to vacuum that made it innate in sentinels.

but theres no point in trying to prove my point. its not possible to reason with the universal vacuum lobbyists...

1 minute ago, NightBlitz said:

why do people  want to be ultra lazy and have a built in vacuum at no cost at all?

DE decided that if sentinels had innate vacuum, it'd have a lower range and that the full range would be a mod. deal with that

it is not being lazy, it is called efficiency, i will say it again, you don't want vacuum, turn it off in the menu

21 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

We asked for other sentinels to get vacuum. We got it.

Now people ask for innate warframe vacuum... Come on, we got what we wanted for a long time. 

What people who make these threads really want is not having to farm for resources in the first place. These are the kind of people who not only sewer camped in void survival, but genuinely don't see any problem with P4TW or pre-nerf Synoid Mirage

3 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

Oh boy I love that futuristic sense you have there. Can you also tell that I am about to puke from reading your comment? 

It's not that people want to be "ultra lazy", it's more that they would simply like to play the game and do the objectives without being annoyed by the vast amount of resources that they simply can't get easily because some doofus on the internet thinks vacuum is for lazy people. 

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

What people who make these threads really want is not having to farm for resources in the first place. These are the kind of people who not only sewer camped in void survival, but genuinely don't see any problem with P4TW or pre-nerf Synoid Mirage

oh i am being targeted, no, i did not say i didn't want resources in the game, as they are a crucial part of building items in the game, we are not talking about weapon or warframe balance, we are talking about vacuum being innate on warframes, if you want to talk about that side of balance go make another thread or put your opinion on some other thread

Just now, Potato said:

Oh boy I love that futuristic sense you have there. Can you also tell that I am about to puke from reading your comment? 

It's not that people want to be "ultra lazy", it's more that they would simply like to play the game and do the objectives without being annoyed by the vast amount of resources that they simply can't get easily because some doofus on the internet thinks vacuum is for lazy people. 

people are perfectly capable of collecting the resources without vacuum, you act like vacuum is a necessity when its a luxury.

but again, its not possible to reason with the universal vacuum lobbyists. they refuse to listen to logic of any kind. thus, im out of here, have fun with the topic that never gets anywhere

Just now, bronzebonobo said:

oh i am being targeted, no, i did not say i didn't want resources in the game, as they are a crucial part of building items in the game, we are not talking about weapon or warframe balance, we are talking about vacuum being innate on warframes, if you want to talk about that side of balance go make another thread or put your opinion on some other thread

Now who's projecting?

I didn't imply balance, I implied laziness, wherein you think playing WF like a static tower defense kind game is something you expect the devs to facilitate. I didn't imply that you don't want resources, I implied you want your resources automatically just for killing enemies, without having to actually go and get your resources