The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal vacuum on warframes.

bronzebonobo

Just now, NightBlitz said:

people are perfectly capable of collecting the resources without vacuum, you act like vacuum is a necessity when its a luxury.

but again, its not possible to reason with the universal vacuum lobbyists. they refuse to listen to logic of any kind. thus, im out of here, have fun with the topic that never gets anywhere

You can easily say that it'll never get anywhere but it's become more of a widespread controversy. Even DE mentioned it during their devstream saying that it's an internal conflict whether or not it will happen, leaving there still to be a chance that it WILL happen. 

But it all comes down to DE. They make the decision if they want 95% of their playerbase to use sentinels for vacuum, or if they add vacuum to kubrows/kavats and have them used as well. And simply, all i'm saying is that whether you like it or not, the numbers DO matter. 

Universal vacuum literally has no negative benefits. And if you think that you could be fine without it, that's good for you. The point is, there are people who would actually love to expand their variety of pets without having a silly blockade.

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Now who's projecting?

I didn't imply balance, I implied laziness, wherein you think playing WF like a static tower defense kind game is something you expect the devs to facilitate. I didn't imply that you don't want resources, I implied you want your resources automatically just for killing enemies, without having to actually go and get your resources

Is your argument to remove vacuum itself or to simply not make it universal? It would literally be the same thing as using a sentinel, except just using a kubrow/kavat instead.

26 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

We asked for other sentinels to get vacuum. We got it.

No, people asked for universal vacuum, not vacuum for other sentinels.

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

What people who make these threads really want is not having to farm for resources in the first place. These are the kind of people who not only sewer camped in void survival, but genuinely don't see any problem with P4TW or pre-nerf Synoid Mirage

The vast majority of players use vacuum because of convenience. You act like vacuum would just autokill all enemies for you. Maybe come up with an argument?

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

Now who's projecting?

I didn't imply balance, I implied laziness, wherein you think playing WF like a static tower defense kind game is something you expect the devs to facilitate. I didn't imply that you don't want resources, I implied you want your resources automatically just for killing enemies, without having to actually go and get your resources

it is not being lazy, and yes you did, you started talking about mirage and simulor, i actually play alot of nekros and nezha as of late, and the shocker is i move around quite a bit with both, and no there would still be a range on the warframe vacuum where you would still have to play dyson simulator, so you would still have to move and pick up loot

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

What people who make these threads really want is not having to farm for resources in the first place. These are the kind of people who not only sewer camped in void survival, but genuinely don't see any problem with P4TW or pre-nerf Synoid Mirage

I disagree. I'm someone that would like innate Vacuum on Warframes, but i aggressively advocate for nerfs to P4TW, Mirage crutches, and camping. Hell, most of my ideas would actually trigger a Crutch Brigader or knock the player off of their Cookie Clicker high horse. I see no problem with moving Vacuum onto the player, since it would increase companion variety. People will still use what they like, and this would probably force DE to actually buff Dethcube + Wyrm for obvious reasons.

6 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

people are perfectly capable of collecting the resources without vacuum, you act like vacuum is a necessity when its a luxury.

but again, its not possible to reason with the universal vacuum lobbyists. they refuse to listen to logic of any kind. thus, im out of here, have fun with the topic that never gets anywhere

Yes, god forbid we could have a simple convenience that makes 95% of players use Sentinels. God forbid players would actually play with Kavats or Kubrows.

Maybe players don't want to individually run over every single drop so they can actually enjoy the game instead?

Just now, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

People are missing the problem here. Having Vacuum only on sentinels makes any other companion not quite as worth it. Vacuum should, like others suggested, be an Exilus mod for warframes. I feel like that would solve it pretty easily.

No thanks. Don't need more band aid mods.

1 minute ago, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

People are missing the problem here. Having Vacuum only on sentinels makes any other companion not quite as worth it. Vacuum should, like others suggested, be an Exilus mod for warframes. I feel like that would solve it pretty easily.

See, vacuum is a NECESSITY to some, and making it an exilus would be an absolute waste of an exilus slot for them. Meanwhile, you could be a sensible human being and make it on a pet, which is a COMPANION that could actually do something instead of sitting there and being pointless.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)rowansprite said:

But then does there really become any point in having loot drop? If you make vacuum innate, you may as well just give us the loot drop directly into our inventory when the enemy drops it, imo.

that's not even remotely close to how it would be

perhaps make it an exilus mod, sure. Then you would have to decide between easier pickups, finding loot easier, better mobility, etc. But I don't want vacuum to be innate.

no, it should just be innate with a toggle in the options menu. a basic quality of life feature should not be a big decision you have to make

30 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

You don't need to always loot everything around you.  Same as with auction houses,, and in their case would even cause severe harm by allowing players to trade exceptionally fast.

in a game where you need to collect resources to build things; yes you do.

AoE looting is a convenience, not an integral effect to core gameplay.

exactly, so why not just give us universal vacuum? we should be focusing on the core gameplay, not running over every single pickup

their convenience isn't needed

it is though, see: every universal vacuum thread ever

24 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

if you make innate in frames, you have to be willing to pay the price, cut its range down to 6m max

that was the condition that they let it be innate in sentinels, if it was built into frames it'd probably be closer to 4m instead

people wanted the full range back, so it got turned back into a mod. you can't have both the full range and zero cost

a quality of life feature doesn't need to be balanced

6 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

nice pointless comparison that has nothing to do with anything. we want to play the game, not run over pickups every mission, that has nothing to do with camping or overpowered weapons or the press 4 to win meme that hasn't existed since they nerfed ash's 4

my god you people are impossible, please explain to me how universal vacuum is harmful to you if it could be toggled in the options menu?

Just now, Tyrian3k said:

Yes, god forbid we could have a simple convenience that makes 95% of players use Sentinels. God forbid players would actually play with Kavats or Kubrows.

Maybe players don't want to individually run over every single drop so they can actually enjoy the game instead?

8 minutes ago, Potato said:

You can easily say that it'll never get anywhere but it's become more of a widespread controversy. Even DE mentioned it during their devstream saying that it's an internal conflict whether or not it will happen, leaving there still to be a chance that it WILL happen. 

But it all comes down to DE. They make the decision if they want 95% of their playerbase to use sentinels for vacuum, or if they add vacuum to kubrows/kavats and have them used as well. And simply, all i'm saying is that whether you like it or not, the numbers DO matter. 

Universal vacuum literally has no negative benefits. And if you think that you could be fine without it, that's good for you. The point is, there are people who would actually love to expand their variety of pets without having a silly blockade.

the devstream talked about give a vacuum type effect to all pets, or at least kubrows. im not against that, what i am against is making vacuum a built in effect for frames at zero cost, id rather the exilus mod idea over that. better yet, have  3 version of vacuum, one for sentinels, one for pets, and one exilus for frames. if you feel the need to have it be "universal" . obviously they wouldn't be allow to stack, either the more powerful version would take effect or you'd only be able to have one per load out in the first place

Just now, Lord-Taco-the-Great said:

I guess so. I would love universal vacuum, but I'm afraid DE doesn't want to compromise on that.

You can't be too sure, it's been overly and overly desired and DE will have to give in at one point.

Just now, NightBlitz said:

the devstream talked about give a vacuum type effect to all pets, or at least kubrows. im not against that, what i am against is making vacuum a built in effect for frames at zero cost, id rather the exilus mod idea over that. better yet, have  3 version of vacuum, one for sentinels, one for pets, and one exilus for frames. if you feel the need to have it be "universal" . obviously they wouldn't be allow to stack, either the more powerful version would take effect or you'd only be able to have one per load out in the first place

No, we don't need more clutter mods that literally everyone will just end up using anyway.

2 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

I don't really think it  needs to be overly complicated. People just want a Vacuum for kubrows/kavats, and that's all.

I never understood why Vacuum is not innate to warframes. In a lot of game when you need to loot stuff, their IS a freaking vacuum-style option.
I stopped counting all the time when a wave ended I was running like a madman to quickly see if an orokin cell, a neurode or anything else was not in a  corner behind a rock.
It just make the game nicer. Sometimes DE makes illogic choices it's crazy.
(sry for my bad english btw)

1 minute ago, Potato said:

Just like the thread OP, it would be great to use my Huras Kubrow "French Fry" or my "Hugh G. Rection" without them sitting there being pointless.

yes, i agree, i would like to look at my weird colored abominations every once in awhile, but in a game where loot is used to build all of the stuff the game has to offer, gonna take the sentinel any day

Also, people are over complicating this idea, just take the sentinel mod that we have now and put it as an innate effect on all warframes, i don't want another mandatory mod for my cats and doggos, cats and doggos already have terrible pathing, just put it on warframes, voila.

I don't really have much of an issue with Vacuum during normal gameplay, it is what it is.

However as stated in another topic recently, Archwing is an entirely different matter. It's really slowing down gameplay because of how many manoeuvres around a mod/resource it takes just to pick the thing up. It would be one thing to say you don't need anything from AW in the first place, but Tellurium and now Alu for the Razorback aren't exactly flowing from multiple sources.

This coming from someone who actually plays AW and enjoys it, for the most part. 

Vacuum as it stands isn't perfect and could use at the very least a change in this particular mode. 

For me and the three other people that play it? I'm gonna guess anyway...

considering that Sentinels have Universal Vacuum on top of low maintenance, the ability to deal higher damage at longer distances and now the ability to revive you, I'd say it's time for Kubrows to get a Vacuum mod.

I'll strap Grineer electromagnets onto my dog, IDGAF lol.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

considering that Sentinels have Universal Vacuum on top of low maintenance, the ability to deal higher damage at longer distances and now the ability to revive you, I'd say it's time for Kubrows to get a Vacuum mod.

I'll strap Grineer electromagnets onto my dog, IDGAF lol.

Straight up! Well said!

I just want to use my dog(my chesa is too stupid to pickup items)... It doesn't have to be vacuum for warframes, just make the vacuum mod available for kubrows/kavats.

Edited by ContraBit

55 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

Why does it need to cost anything? It's a basic quality of life feature that is as old as gaming. State literally 1 reason why we shouldn't have this at no cost at all.