Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any updates to solar rails re-release?

(XBOX)Aeries Vendetta

On 5/12/2017 at 11:41 PM, (Xbox One)RavagedPistol said:

I been bouncing around games still even got kicked out the clan once and joined back. I know we will never get what we wanted I always come back to WF it's like a love hate relationship. I wasn't in Lock n Load at the time but I was around the solar rails. I honestly wasn't ever good but it was fun to be apart of it. But you're right the new gen will become old and will understand but I still believe that they conditioned them to the new way how things are and it wouldn't probably matter as long they can be mentioned in their top ten comments or they keep releasing more and more frames to the point where they will have no new orginal idea.

Majority of the people in game were not around for rails so it's hard to get a true idea of what people thought and quite frankly what I have seen is it's split a few ways. 

1. It had bugs but it was amazing. 

2. Hated it

3. Neutral due to the issues but agrees it has potential. 

The rest of the people that have rails described to them fall in to those categories and come up with the reasons they were told. 

On 5/12/2017 at 11:41 PM, (Xbox One)RavagedPistol said:

I been bouncing around games still even got kicked out the clan once and joined back. I know we will never get what we wanted I always come back to WF it's like a love hate relationship. I wasn't in Lock n Load at the time but I was around the solar rails. I honestly wasn't ever good but it was fun to be apart of it. But you're right the new gen will become old and will understand but I still believe that they conditioned them to the new way how things are and it wouldn't probably matter as long they can be mentioned in their top ten comments or they keep releasing more and more frames to the point where they will have no new orginal idea.

I've been focusing more on helping others out in warframe lately. Teaching people different load outs and giving platinum out and still preparing for the return of solar rails. A lot of people are just waiting for rails to return. 

On 5/15/2017 at 3:01 PM, djternan said:

1.) I think the option to play different missions on the same node was added after the armistice but I can't remember for sure.  If this fix would apply to new solar rail conflicts then this particular complaint is resolved.

2.) Any percent is too high.  The value is irrelevant, allowing clans/alliances to tax a node is ridiculous (unless rewards are bumped up and the tax is capped to a maximum of that increase).  Maroo's bazaar tax is too high as well but the topic isn't about Maroo's bazaar.

3.) Is this saying that the large majority of people didn't care for solar rail conflicts? It seems like if the only thing getting people to compete was an alliance hurting PvE gameplay then solar rail conflicts needed to go away.

1. The option was added right around the time of Solar Rail Armistice. Might have been slight before or after but it was a matter of a few weeks at most so they obviously had been playing with the idea close enough to Armistice to implement it rather than remove Rails entirely.

2. No, any percent is not too high. Do you realize and can you address the fact that Dark Sectors only exist (in WF Lore) and are reachable to play on with the help of a Solar Rail? That being said, that if there are no Solar Rails being created by clans for a large number of resources, then the general public would not have a Dark Sectors to play on at all. I would be completely fine if they moved the entire PvP section to it's own area or planet or section of the Solar system, but ONLY if they took away Dark sectors from the Solar Map entirely, removing the bonus credits and resources that people get from playing the nodes in general. How does that sound? I bet a (capped) tax rate wouldn't sound so unreasonable at that point lol.

3. This goes directly back to point #1. If they had simply implemented the option to pick which mission you want to play, problem solved. DE had the means, but didn't implement it. Other than "covering" the node for a MAXIMUM of 12 hours (often the War was over in far less time) for every 60-72 hours... and that is only if the node is being attacked literally on cooldown. Most of the time a node would only be attacked once a week and usually on the Weekend in order to both be successful, and do it faster than the 12 hour limit set by DE. So all in all, the node spent the vast majority of the time in "PvE mode" by far!

On 5/15/2017 at 3:59 PM, (Xbox One)CFE Discord said:

1. This thread is about Solar Rails, not Dark Sectors....

-Clipped for length-

The people you are having a debate with regarding Solar Rails are from PC, and admittedly had a far worse environment to thrive in than we did on console, but that is only for lack of a motivated individual or individuals to take the time to properly organize an opposition the way we did. That, unfortunately, is the entire story of PC Solar Rails. Saying anything different is just -another- excuse as we rallied upon a far harder goal of taking down a faciton that didn't hold 3-6 Solar Rails like your tops do on PC, we took down a faction that was holding upwards of 16 Solar Rails themselves which is far more dominating than anything PC has seen short of WF Bros, and we did that in a matter of under 3 months. In that 3 months before Armistice hit, we managed to obtain 9 nodes that they had. Anything is possible.... if you are willing to work for it.

Edited by (XB1)Xodus03

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:05 AM, Xzorn said:

I mean there was legit No PvP when Solar Rails were first added and they were advertised for a year as clan based PvP.

Solar Rails were added in U13. The PvP didn't come until U14,  3 months later.

Players didn't interact with each other at all. You fought Specters, not each other.

It was doomed to fail because they never actually finished it in the first place. It wasn't a bad idea, it actually sounded really awesome and that's why I quit playing over what we got for all that waiting and hype and I've never gotten hyped over anything in this game since.

personally, I am more pissed over the fact they have unaccessable clan affinity from 7 updates prior the actual update for clan affinity

it would be fun to play, however I just want the affinity issue dealt with already

19 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Literally blocking feedback with this same rabble. Just play conclave because it's a more balanced version of solar rails.

Actually this post was moved from General Discussion to here by a Forum Moderator. Trust me, any real Solar Rail enthusiast doesn't want this topic in the ever-booming conclave section any more than you do lol.

Edited by (XB1)Xodus03

On 5/13/2017 at 3:11 PM, (Xbox One)Xodus03 said:

Nodes being "locked" was fixed before they even took Rails away. For nightmare missions, they had the option to play the regular mission or the Nightmare mission, and that fuction was around just before Rails got taken away. Easy Fix. Ridiculous taxes were a PC only problem... but also a VERY simple fix... called a tax cap. Make it to be something like 20-25% (or whatever they deem fair), problem solved. Taking taxes away from a node that exists SOLEY for the purpose of Solar Rails, AND has a bonus award given to you on top of the normal mission rewards, would be overkill. How would you feel if they just take away the entire node itself with the bonuses and everything since there is no REAL functionality to Dark Sectors even existing without Soalr Rails? 

Unfortunately you were right about that Era of Solar Rails, but that didn't last very long and was proven unsuccessful with no positive feedback or success stories to show. The system/Era that most Solar Rail people talk about now, was much improved and did include actual PvP in it. All that was needed were some simple fixes but unfortunately the toxic community of sore losers claimed many false things and cried until DE finally just removed them and promised a rework. The thing is, if anyone didn't like Solar Rails, THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO PARTICIPATE. If you add/take away Solar Rails from the game today, it would functions exactly the same and not hold up anything, and the people who want to participate could, and the ones who don't want to, don't have to. It wouldn't make a difference to either side as long as they balanced the War stats properly.

Yeah he was talking about the very first early stages of Solar Rails... pre-PvP. It was almost like a DE event that never ended haha... could you imagine that? Still having to kill Rathuum Specters for no reason right now?

Amen brother. If I wanted to play Lunaro, I would play Rocket League. If I wanted to play Happy Zephyr, I would play Flappy Bird. Am I right? Let's shake on it. *Handshake*. Lol

Honestly though, for people like Bubba and myself, we have dumped literally $100's if not $1000+ each into this game over time for the purpose of having extra stuff to run our clan events and reward our members (Purchased purely to give away basically), and our clan was a clan based off of Solar Rails from the get-go and now we feel like we have no real purpose as a group. I rarely get on anymore, and the time I spend buying the Prime Accesses is probably the most time I spend on the game in one shot aside from doing Leaderboard events for our clan. There is nothing to do that is entertaining and doens't feel like something I have already done 500+ times already, and the lack of end-game content (aka Solar Rails) actually pushes the most loyal and veteran players out of the community after they have committed a certain amount of time simply cuz there is nothing left to do.

There was a time when we would plan 1 or 2 Solar Rail attacks during a weekend, and spend the entire week prepping new Warframes and Gear with crazy builds that would usually have no use or function in PvE, but did something unusually special in Solar Rails for some reason. It gave players at the end of the rope, a pool to fall into and play in. Now with the list of extra Warframes and 100's of weapons available to us, what % of each are actually used regularly? Take away Syndicate and Prime Weapons. Now the rest of them... at their max potential, do they actually offer anything to you in PvE? Or are you better off playing 1 of maybe 5-10 weapons in each category? Can't wait to see all the new garbage added to get the MR level to that Goal of MR 30... if there are enough ideas about MR fodder that haven't been done yet that is lol.

I have to agree with most points here.

I also have to add that i know more ppl who quit because there arent solar rails than ppl who quit because they existed. N i know more ppl that quit because of Eyes of Blight being rigged and lasting for a week too long than ones who quit for either of the previous reasons. N i know alot of ppl who quit because conclave "is the least creative alternative to solar rails they couldve possibly imagined." I personally loved rails n avoid conclave at all costs. I almost quit after the obsession with it this last year. Conclave tac alerts are a norm now. Rathuum n index back to back basically feeling like conclave. Lunaro. Etc etc. I hate 5 minute pvp matches that could basically be reskins of every other shooter on the market. Rails had something that was unique. It was co op infused on a level u cant get in any cod, battlefield, rainbow six etc. That uniqueness got traded for an uninspired mediocrity.

Edited by (XB1)ashes of suvius

58 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Xodus03 said:

Lol read the forum before you make an assumption. I would like to see you quote all of this name calling, ego stroking and immature attacks. Most of the content that comes from anyone who is wanting Solar Rails back, is fairly constructive. It is the people who default to the hate setting on Solar Rails or people who have never played them before (Like yourself) that come into the Solar Rails Forums (not just this one) and make it seem like a negative topic.... but for the most part, true Solar Rail loving players do their part to contribute constructive content or at worst, talk about how we miss the mode lol. 

He was talking about another thread, Xodus. Look at the front page of conclave feedback.

EDIT:

that one

Edited by (XB1)CFE Discord

17 hours ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

This post was originally in General as it is general in nature. However it was derailed due to people not knowing that solar rails was vastly different that conclave. The potential greatness and the over uniqueness was crazy awesome. It was the first of its kind I had ever seen. 

It's sad that a thread that isn't about conclave feedback has to be moved to conclave feedback.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...