Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Our Coupons Need to Change

(PSN)chaos-SD

Now, this has always been a kind of thing that me and mine have been ok with for having chosen to play on PS4.  With whatever platform one chooses to play on there are restrictions to some things, the way in which we console folk receive our coupons is one of those things...however, as Tennogen has made it's way to us (not with an expected mitigation of it's costs), as things like Riven slots become more needed this method for mitigating costs is showing itself more and more as insufficient by comparison to that on the PC side of things.  

PC by comparison to those of us on console obviously gets discounted plat which can be applied to ANYTHING.  Now I'm not going to say that we need or deserve discounts applied to everything, especially tennogen...again however, I do think slots, boosters, and bundles could and should be up for  use with coupons when one can make the comparison that the discounted plat that PC players purchase is technically applied to anything they buy with that discounted plat.

Consider that this may not be at DE's sole discretion. I don't know to what extent Sony has its hands in WF's economy, but they definitely have a firm say in some matters of the PS4 version. Even if DE can prove that a few changes in the economy would be kinder to the community and more profitable, Sony may not agree to it. Assuming DE wants that in the first place, which I also doubt.

The market disparity between the platforms is stark. On PC, you can purchase 1000p for $12 with a 75% plat discount. At that price, it's almost madness not to for new players. I highly doubt any changes will be made to market coupons at this stage... but I sure as hell wouldn't complain if it happened.

I agree (I've already posted about the boosters also) with fixing login discounts for items it USED to apply to like Boosters and Slots (warframe, weapons, and the others). My main argument is at MR23 with almost everything, it's nice to get that and actually use it for something meaningful that's not cosmetic (and even then some cosmetic items should be discounted too). They could even make it where as you get closer to having everything that MATTERS in the game you can use discounts on more things or the chance of them appearing increases (since getting an orokin cell on login when i have over 1000 that I'd never use is not at all cool...but whatever).

• 2 weeks later...

I mainly play on PS4 but have played a little recently on PC as well. I've had 2 coupons on PC so far and have logged on to warframe on 30 or so different days. On PS4 I'm at over 100 'logon days' and have had 4 or maybe 5 coupons. As a proportion of 'logons' the Platinum discount coupons have been more common for me on PC. I think the Plat discount coupons working the same way on both PS4 as they do on PC would be great but doubt that it would be possible through the PlayStation store. 

On ‎13‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 10:00 PM, (PS4)chaos-SD said:

Now, this has always been a kind of thing that me and mine have been ok with for having chosen to play on PS4.  With whatever platform one chooses to play on there are restrictions to some things, the way in which we console folk receive our coupons is one of those things...however, as Tennogen has made it's way to us (not with an expected mitigation of it's costs), as things like Riven slots become more needed this method for mitigating costs is showing itself more and more as insufficient by comparison to that on the PC side of things.  

PC by comparison to those of us on console obviously gets discounted plat which can be applied to ANYTHING.  Now I'm not going to say that we need or deserve discounts applied to everything, especially tennogen...again however, I do think slots, boosters, and bundles could and should be up for  use with coupons when one can make the comparison that the discounted plat that PC players purchase is technically applied to anything they buy with that discounted plat.

I agree, that some more buying options for the coupons would be nice, but please be aware of the fact, that on console, everything can be obtained with plat, while the PC users need to pay for all the cool Tennogen stuff with real money via Steam.