Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halloween Oberon Set: The Bramble (Finished)

Bramblebeast helmet and skin:

6UAmkqa.png

osiI9ws.png

LvzdO1c.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First Oberon Helmet: The Cernunnos

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=947683342

qHlmvUo.png
85Juio5.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ryBUVbv.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've wanted Oberon to have a topheavy head to offset his delicate arms and legs for a while, so here we are I guess.

This is a drawover concept from the base mesh, the actual sculpt will be worked on if I see enough interest in the helmet. So, let me know what you think.
I'll maybe make a larger thread later if I end up designing more helmets, whether there's enough interest in this one to see it through or not.
Note that there are still some possible changes that I can make to this in the final sculpt, such as where the horns connect to the head.

Standard Oberon scheme
4i23DOk.png

Edited by Wurdyburd
Updated body skin

It looks really nice though one thing that strikes me as odd is the eyes that the helmet has. if you look through almost all the helmets you can see that they no not actually have them that visible. do not know if that would be a stopping point for tennogen. but personally I'd try to do something a bit more interesting with them to make it less obvious and basically fit more in the warframe artstyle of non obvious eyes.

Just now, Airwolfen said:

It looks really nice though one thing that strikes me as odd is the eyes that the helmet has. if you look through almost all the helmets you can see that they no not actually have them that visible. do not know if that would be a stopping point for tennogen. but personally I'd try to do something a bit more interesting with them to make it less obvious and basically fit more in the warframe artstyle of non obvious eyes.

No eyes is actually a rule for tennogen. 

This helmet looks sweet but the glowy  bits on the Hemet look too much like eyes which could cause problems with selection for tennogen

18 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

No eyes is actually a rule for tennogen. 
This helmet looks sweet but the glowy  bits on the Hemet look too much like eyes which could cause problems with selection for tennogen

I'm not sure if you're kidding, because there are a few tennogen helmets that have ocular structures, several that have been already taken. For instance, all of the Graxx helmets do, and even the other Oberon helmet, the Destrier, has eye-like lights.

But point taken, I was unsure whether to have lights on the actual head. I was aiming for it to resemble the Feyarch helmet a little bit, but if the lights are distracting, I can remove some.

7 hours ago, Wurdyburd said:

But point taken, I was unsure whether to have lights on the actual head. I was aiming for it to resemble the Feyarch helmet a little bit, but if the lights are distracting, I can remove some.

Perhaps set up a ring of lights on the horns, reflective of the torcs you'd find on depictions of Cernunnos? Keeps having some lights at least.

Either way, interesting design so far. Would that Oberon had a Solstice Skin to extend the Celtic motifs.

If my Oberon Feyarch want that helm, he will need to stop skipping leg day. :P

Your helm is amazing, seriously, but it's almost too big for him, imo. Big helmets on skinny Warframes is why I don't really like the Volt Thales and Mag Induction helms (and a couple more that I don't remember), even if they are very well done.

I still haven't bought any Tennogen helm so far, and the only reason why is because the colour scheme of the Destrier seems weird on my Oberon. If that Cernunnos helm was also added to the game, I wouldn't have enough decades left to choose wich one to buy ^^' (unless I buy both, but then I would have to choose wich one I'll equip...).

55 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

If my Oberon Feyarch want that helm, he will need to stop skipping leg day. :P

Your helm is amazing, seriously, but it's almost too big for him, imo. Big helmets on skinny Warframes is why I don't really like the Volt Thales and Mag Induction helms (and a couple more that I don't remember), even if they are very well done.

I still haven't bought any Tennogen helm so far, and the only reason why is because the colour scheme of the Destrier seems weird on my Oberon. If that Cernunnos helm was also added to the game, I wouldn't have enough decades left to choose wich one to buy ^^' (unless I buy both, but then I would have to choose wich one I'll equip...).

Oberons not skinny .. unless you were talking deluxe skin which is just fit . Strega trinity is skinny 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Oberons not skinny .. unless you were talking deluxe skin which is just fit . Strega trinity is skinny 

The size isn't all that bad, in fact I have a feeling it could work great with Feyarch and make him look more like Pan from Pan's Labyrinth.

I love the horns, but I'm not sold on the proper head. Perhaps give it ram-shaped silhouette, similar to how his helmets have deer/antelope shaped heads. And definitely remove the eye-lights. They will reject this for that.

The horns also feel like they're crowding the shoulders. I've never sculpted in a program before, so I don't know what tools/options are available, but consider pulling the horns up, out, and away from his shoulders.

Edited by Bravely_Casual
I wanted to

3 hours ago, Blakrana said:

Perhaps set up a ring of lights on the horns, reflective of the torcs you'd find on depictions of Cernunnos? Keeps having some lights at least.
Either way, interesting design so far. Would that Oberon had a Solstice Skin to extend the Celtic motifs.

Cernunnos usually has a ring around his neck, where torcs are usually worn, but if DE is willing, I could try some ring-dangles that pierce his horns and hang off the bottom. I'll work them into the next concept iteration to see how that'd go.

3 hours ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Ever since the original release of Nekros, DE hasn't seemed too concerned about realistic proportions. Titania has a huge neck, and Inaros has a tiny spine. Even oberon is known for having very small thin arms on his standard skin.
I understand your concern, but stylized disproportionism isn't uncommon in this game, and as I said in my original description, I'd like to have a more top-heavy Oberon. Likely though, the horns will create clipping issues, and I'll have to pull the horns in a little bit.

17 minutes ago, Bravely_Casual said:

I love the horns, but I'm not sold on the proper head. Perhaps give it ram-shaped silhouette, similar to how his helmets have deer/antelope shaped heads. And definitely remove the eye-lights. They will reject this for that.

If you excuse the incredible roughness, I was going for a ram-like head, and hoped that it would come through in the concepts.
I'm still unsure where the whole eye-lights thing everybody's on is coming from, but if the helmet ends up looking better without face details, I'll not include them in the final helmet.
GLJscXD.png

Thank you everyone who took the time to comment, I'm glad to know that there is some interest in the helmet, even if the concept needs adjusting.

8 minutes ago, Wurdyburd said:

I could try some ring-dangles that pierce his horns and hang off

Could be possible. Excaliber's Pendragon helmet has dangly things on the back of it, after all.

Any rate, good luck with the sculpt.

22 hours ago, Wurdyburd said:

I'm not sure if you're kidding, because there are a few tennogen helmets that have ocular structures, several that have been already taken. For instance, all of the Graxx helmets do, and even the other Oberon helmet, the Destrier, has eye-like lights.

Eyes are okay, it only becomes problem if it creates humanoid facial feature. Also mind the size of your helmet, remember that we are using over the shoulder camera. Head that is too big and wide can block your screen during aiming.

On 5/13/2017 at 9:00 PM, Wurdyburd said:

I'm not kidding, it was information passed on to me from Vulbjorn who is another tennogen aspirant. I'm not sure what the exact requirements are for not quite eye things, but it is apparently a thing.

Not sure about the "eye" light sockets and its... erm... mouth? These elements make it look like a literal ram, which may not be welcomed by DE artists or whoever is responsible for picking TG works. 

My suggestions?

Replacing two small "eye lights"  with a single vertical glowing cleft. That would make it look more ominous (cyclopic, insta-regenerating, horribly colored ram from the void hell!). As for the "maw", I'd say making the bottom "jaw" slightly more prominent and overhanging upwards (as if "locking" the upper "jaw" and giving it a proper basement) would solve the obvious associations' issue as well as the rule of thirds

Please, feel free to take into consideration what I have just written. Or not. I'm just merely trying to be constructive :D   

Edited by Teloch