Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halloween Oberon Set: The Bramble (Finished)

4 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Love it!
I'd had expect it to be more like a moose/elk horn, which I find would look dope on Oberon, but that's cool :)

Both being Canadian, I'm sure both I and DE would get a kick out of that.
That being said, you've given me a good idea for another Oberon helmet, which kills me a little bit. Apparently my fate is Oberon forever.

On 5/20/2017 at 9:04 AM, Wurdyburd said:

Both being Canadian, I'm sure both I and DE would get a kick out of that.
That being said, you've given me a good idea for another Oberon helmet, which kills me a little bit. Apparently my fate is Oberon forever.

we would be ecstatic for that, as far as i know there are no Oberon tennogen skins out and he will be in need of good helms in the near future

On 5/13/2017 at 10:37 PM, Drasiel said:

No eyes is actually a rule for tennogen. 

This helmet looks sweet but the glowy  bits on the Hemet look too much like eyes which could cause problems with selection for tennogen

Hitsusans Excal skin has "eyes"

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:03 PM, Wurdyburd said:

I've wanted Oberon to have a topheavy head to offset his delicate arms and legs for a while, so here we are I guess.

This is a drawover concept from the base mesh, the actual sculpt will be worked on if I see enough interest in the helmet. So, let me know what you think.
I'll maybe make a larger thread later if I end up designing more helmets, whether there's enough interest in this one to see it through or not.
Note that there are still some possible changes that I can make to this in the final sculpt, such as where the horns connect to the head.

ja4Wya6.png

Standard Oberon scheme
4i23DOk.png

Feyarch colour scheme
cun25E0.png

I want to spend money on this please DE

20 hours ago, -Wholas- said:

This looks really cool, although i need to see a bit more screenshots?

There currently aren't that many screenshots because I'm still working on the helmet's model. The pictures posted in the original post are rendered drawings, to help judge interest, and I'm working on the model for it now.

Once I get the model to a more suitable quality, I'll create a turnaround gif of the model so that everyone can see it from all sides.

8 hours ago, Fox7000 said:

And what about Graxx Excalibur?

Now those, those look like eyes for sure. Maybe it was an old rule I was told or I was misinformed, either way I just wanted to make sure that Wordyburd would have the best chance to get in, and from what I was told eyes were going to get you passed over. If I'm wrong I'm wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

Now those, those look like eyes for sure. Maybe it was an old rule I was told or I was misinformed, either way I just wanted to make sure that Wordyburd would have the best chance to get in, and from what I was told eyes were going to get you passed over. If I'm wrong I'm wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I appreciate it, and I don't think you're entirely wrong. The style guide for frames specifically reads, "On helmets, pay special attention to the front and make sure to avoid placing details in the exact places where you expect to see an eye, nose, mouth, etc. While some of the in-game designs vaguely hint at facial features, the goal is to heavily abstract the “face”. "
Some tennogen helmets have tried including things like mouths, eyeballs, or ears, and those are, I think, what DE wants to avoid. The goal is to be organic, which is something I'm still working on getting in, but to remain suit-like; eye-lights are fine, but organics aren't.

Either way, thanks for the concern on my helmet. I'm glad that there are others who want to see this get through.

1 hour ago, Wurdyburd said:

I appreciate it, and I don't think you're entirely wrong. The style guide for frames specifically reads, "On helmets, pay special attention to the front and make sure to avoid placing details in the exact places where you expect to see an eye, nose, mouth, etc. While some of the in-game designs vaguely hint at facial features, the goal is to heavily abstract the “face”. "
Some tennogen helmets have tried including things like mouths, eyeballs, or ears, and those are, I think, what DE wants to avoid. The goal is to be organic, which is something I'm still working on getting in, but to remain suit-like; eye-lights are fine, but organics aren't.

Either way, thanks for the concern on my helmet. I'm glad that there are others who want to see this get through.

Not to mention, the "eye lights" aren't really where one would see eyes on a ram.....

On 5/24/2017 at 11:15 PM, Kerberos-3 said:

Not to mention, the "eye lights" aren't really where one would see eyes on a ram.....

True but they were about the right location for a human wearing a ram themed helmet.

On 5/26/2017 at 7:07 PM, Naith said:

Like the design but if it was submitted right now I could really see DE rejecting it saying it's too big. Not that I'd mind, but just guessing what DE's feedback would be.

The primary issue I believe size would present is whether it clips into any shoulder armor. Oberon's antler shoulders tend to come quite close to his head, and I'm not sure if it's something I can get around. My current fix is elevating the head and squashing the horns a little bit so that they might not touch the shoulder spikes.
Otherwise, despite being an over-the-shoulder shooter, Warframe keeps the player character to the left third of the screen, and the far left quarter of the screen when aiming. Based on some testing, this helmet shouldn't present a visibility problem.

12 minutes ago, Wurdyburd said:

The primary issue I believe size would present is whether it clips into any shoulder armor. Oberon's antler shoulders tend to come quite close to his head, and I'm not sure if it's something I can get around. My current fix is elevating the head and squashing the horns a little bit so that they might not touch the shoulder spikes.
Otherwise, despite being an over-the-shoulder shooter, Warframe keeps the player character to the left third of the screen, and the far left quarter of the screen when aiming. Based on some testing, this helmet shouldn't present a visibility problem.

you are forgetting about shoulder swapping though (default binding H). I'm assuming they are equidistant for the purposes of the camera but if possible you may want to double check it, weirder things have happened in warframe.

It's been a little and a couple iterations since I gave you guys an update, and Oberon Prime is officially out, so let's do this.

ryBUVbv.png

I got a little frustrated with trying to copy the biomech style guide of warframes, so I kind of went nuts and this is what I've got now.
I've lifted the head and horns above the pesky shoulder antlers that are on Oberon's classic model. I can try pulling the weight in on the front of the horns to compensate for the loss of mass towards the back.
I've tilted the head downward and shaved off a good deal of the nose, to give it more of the sleek streamlined feel that frames are supposed to have. Gives it a kind of Capra Demon look too.

I'm still working out the center of the face and chin, but I want to gauge what people think. Was the helmet with the snoot before better? Do the horns need more weight? Is it too organic looking right now?
Thanks for sticking around and commenting guys, I want to make sure that this is the kind of helmet people want to have in the game.

6 hours ago, Wurdyburd said:

It's been a little and a couple iterations since I gave you guys an update, and Oberon Prime is officially out, so let's do this.

ryBUVbv.png

I got a little frustrated with trying to copy the biomech style guide of warframes, so I kind of went nuts and this is what I've got now.
I've lifted the head and horns above the pesky shoulder antlers that are on Oberon's classic model. I can try pulling the weight in on the front of the horns to compensate for the loss of mass towards the back.
I've tilted the head downward and shaved off a good deal of the nose, to give it more of the sleek streamlined feel that frames are supposed to have. Gives it a kind of Capra Demon look too.

I'm still working out the center of the face and chin, but I want to gauge what people think. Was the helmet with the snoot before better? Do the horns need more weight? Is it too organic looking right now?
Thanks for sticking around and commenting guys, I want to make sure that this is the kind of helmet people want to have in the game.

UPDATE!? YAY! Loving the new snout, and the base noggin sure does look sleeker, the horns are looking less orgainic.

Still eagerly looking forward to the day my goat can wear this kingly visage!

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 5:03 AM, Wurdyburd said:

I've wanted Oberon to have a topheavy head to offset his delicate arms and legs for a while, so here we are I guess.

This is a drawover concept from the base mesh, the actual sculpt will be worked on if I see enough interest in the helmet. So, let me know what you think.
I'll maybe make a larger thread later if I end up designing more helmets, whether there's enough interest in this one to see it through or not.
Note that there are still some possible changes that I can make to this in the final sculpt, such as where the horns connect to the head.

ja4Wya6.png

Standard Oberon scheme
4i23DOk.png

Feyarch colour scheme
cun25E0.png

Its cool but fat horne is 2 much,and for that head looks 2 big

Edited by Vlada91