Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

sir_AXE workshop (IVARA, NIDUS) WIP

sir_AXE

5 hours ago, sir_AXE said:

thx ) teeth or no teeth ?)

159e684c1d.gif

I would recommend staying away from teeth! Faces are okay so long as they are heavily abstracted. Currently what you have in this specific gif is too literal. :)

It looks amazing otherwise!

Edited by [DE]Taylor
clarification

5 hours ago, sir_AXE said:

thx ) teeth or no teeth ?)

Consider placing the teeth somewhere less typical?  And only as a single row and spread out a bit.  I guess that'd just be bony protrusions though.

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

Consider placing the teeth somewhere less typical?  And only as a single row and spread out a bit.  I guess that'd just be bony protrusions though.

or maybe just 2 large teeth coming together at a point?

On 5/31/2017 at 10:09 PM, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Nidus helmet is beautiful. And no teeth please & how did you learn how to do this and where can I 

thx ) I started with basic zbrush tutorials and later took maya classes , would recommend this tutorial http://eat3d.com/zbrush_hardsurface , little bit outdated but it's one of the best

On 5/31/2017 at 10:13 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

I would recommend staying away from teeth! Faces are okay so long as they are heavily abstracted. Currently what you have in this specific gif is too literal. :)

It looks amazing otherwise!

ah okay , yeah I thought so ) thank you ))

one more thing , is Nidus head animated with skeletal animation ? (additive on top of his other animations) or is it a blend shape opacity slider ?

c8c2336e1a.png

also fleshed out the back of the head a little , messing with the asymmetrical stuff on the front

HGAgg2w.png

and more clean up

Edited by sir_AXE

need to still clean up and add more details here and there (inside parts) and texture after , but here it is

6ad0ac49c8.gif

also did some tests with tennogen

1) looks like triangulating model helps a little so it doesn't guess which way to cut the quads 

2) and it looks like tennogen viewport doesn't calculate tangent space normals for each UV shell but Warframe engine does...

4e6348c96e.png

so I'l do the beauty shots in marmoset xD

Edited by sir_AXE

I want that Nidus helm in my life.

Though, while I like the spikes part of me does feel they could be a little bit more infested/twisted, opposed to perfect LOTR helmet style.

Edited by Naith

That nidus helmet looks Hot AF boi. 10/10

might i suggest a drop down faceplate on nidus' 10 stack helmet version, since the middle part of his face looks kinda plain atm..

Edited by -eXotic-