Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

sir_AXE workshop (IVARA, NIDUS) WIP

sir_AXE

On 01/06/2017 at 5:34 PM, sir_AXE said:

one more thing , is Nidus head animated with skeletal animation ? (additive on top of his other animations) or is it a blend shape opacity slider ?

We do the animation for you, so you don't need to be concerned about that aspect. :) 

can you post an image of helmet opened? i think it's better leave the central horn intact and the upper horn can come out in a form to fit with it. But this is only my suggestion. I think your nidus helmet is very beatiful anyway ^^ :heart:

11 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Nice job on Nidus Helmet.But one thing,horn on his head would have been better if it is thinner as a blade rather than a horn because it creates the wrong image :blush::laugh:

thx) yeah I know what you mean , it didn't look that bad before I animated the skin folds :D  

6 hours ago, warren685 said:

So did you plan out what's the color palette is going to be like for color customization. Also would you provide examples?

yeah I added few images with color variation , RGB parts can be changed and the white base

e1d2beff0c.png

5 hours ago, Naith said:

The more Nidus helmets the better.

We could likely do with a skin by someone at one point though.

I might try to make a full set , first head was good practice :D

707a869f7f.png

9abb5df9d4.gif

So much easier to animate in zbrush 4R8 having actual gizmo and pivot point :D

I think I'l add something coming from the cracks of the head as well 

Edited by sir_AXE

I suggest you to be very careful with parts that extends to the neck and require extra rigging. Because no guarantee they will actually rig it. My hydroid helmet has small mesh that require small rigging, but they left it just like that and it clips badly whenever the head turns.

540dea47-8240-4b62-97dc-67e67844ff03_zps

19 hours ago, sir_AXE said:

707a869f7f.png

9abb5df9d4.gif

This one! Take all my plats!

19 hours ago, warren685 said:

so the Nidus Helmet with the teeth, what name will you give it also is this design final, like no improvement or changes?

yeah its done http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=949103294 

Added some organic stuff inside , so like the hard outside shell makes sense , I don't think adding more details will improve anything and just will be hard to read from distance

On 6/19/2017 at 5:05 AM, Rekkou said:

I suggest you to be very careful with parts that extends to the neck and require extra rigging. Because no guarantee they will actually rig it. My hydroid helmet has small mesh that require small rigging, but they left it just like that and it clips badly whenever the head turns.

540dea47-8240-4b62-97dc-67e67844ff03_zps

hmm I see ,strange it shouldn't be that hard, wish we could skin ourselves )) thx for heads up

Edited by sir_AXE

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2017 at 9:22 PM, sir_AXE said:

707a869f7f.png

9abb5df9d4.gif

I'd like to offer some critique (but please don't take this as criticism, these look fantastic) I think the back of the neck looks a little too thick, and personally, I think the spikes (blades?) on the back of the head could do with a pivot in the animation (maybe even reversed?).

I really like what you have here, I hope you're able to update soon, your work is amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 5:18 AM, sir_AXE said:

yeah its done http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=949103294 

Added some organic stuff inside , so like the hard outside shell makes sense , I don't think adding more details will improve anything and just will be hard to read from distance

Mm no, you need to add the texture to the outside of the head.The smoothness completely clashes with the rest of body.