Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Starter Warframes.

(PSN)Kallastin

Alrighty, So i believe that we need some new starter frames. And with that being said i would like to ask every tenno on this website...We could use a starter warframe rotation. 

As it stands, there are three main starter warframes that new players have to start with. Currently in the roster, there are three warframes new players can choose from. Excalibur, Mag, and Volt. I would like to swap out Mag and Volt for more useful and overall easier warframes for the new players to get a hold of. Those two would be Rhino, and Frost. These two warframes i have always suggest new players get. They are really nice for new players to use, They have up front abilities that are always helpful in any mission new players are faced with. 

The reason why i am making this thread is because the amount of people who have complained that there warframe is not fun,, Or not helpful. Because lets be honest, Mag is a somewhat hard frame to learn. 800+ Hours later into this game i still can't get a grasp of her. 

So i leave this question to you. Do you think we need a Starter frame rotation?

honestly i would keep mag or volt and swap out the other for a more stealth based frame like it was origionaly. then it was brawler, caster, rouge. now we have brawler, caster, caster

Mag is super easy to farm, as she drops from the Sergeant, on Iliad Phobos.

I'm fine with starter frame rotations, and I remember when Loki used to be a starter.
In fact, I started my account with him and have used him ever since.

I don't have problems with them rotating frames around a bit, and I completely agree with Rhino. He's a very good overall frame, and Frost is also a n'Ice' pick.

I'm going to say no, only because Rhino makes the game too easy for new players, as would Frost. I'd agree with switching Mag out for perhaps Oberon, or even Loki again. Mag's a little too advanced and powerful to be considered a Starter anymore, imho.

I'd replace the current trio with Ash, Frost, and Trinity. Ash is an offensive frame that has decent survivability with his health pool and his Invis. He also has a spammable ability that does decent damage with his Shurikens.

Frost is a beefy CC king that's useful in almost every situation.

Trinity is a really good support, but because of her lack of damaging abilities, it'll teach new players how to mod their weapons, similar to what Loki did to me when he was a starter frame.

Rotation? As in some new players will get the present 3 and some other new players will get another 3 to chose from?

That sounds more like a RNG for starter frames lol.... 

DE has poisoned you deep deep.

the problem is what would we replace them with....

I kind of feel we shouldn't have excalibur in starter frames because it's a reward from one of the last bosses but if I go with that approach who do we replace it with... arguably the same should be said for mag too.

If we rule out frames that require quests or those that come from bosses we're basically left with ash, ivara and the dojo frames of banshee, volt, zephyr, wukong and nezha.

We also previously had loki as a starter and that got replaced so I can't see a stealth frame as a starter, so both ivara and ash are out too.

Volt's already a starter and I wouldn't suggest banshee to a new player.  Wukong's basically built around the rage mod so that's out which leaves zephyr and nezha....

I'm not sure nezha would be a good fit for a newbie so I suppose zephyr is the only other option we could consider.

So I suppose mag (ummm.... I'm still not quite sure what use mag is either lol), zephyr (lower grade rhino and cc) and volt (crowd control with some damage buff via shield).... I suppose we at least know what excalibur can do lol

Offense - Excalibur

Defense - Frost

Utility / Support - Loki / Oberon

Why: Right now we have 3 offensive frames, and I think that having a trinity - based starters would be much better. Excalibur is a poster boy, so he stays. Frost, because he's tanky and has globe for defensive situations and Rhino is too easy for early planets with his Iron Skin. As for the third, Loki might be too complicated for new players, so maybe Oberon with his heal would be better.

Putting Frost in the starter frame list shows complete lack of awareness on how powerful Frost is, on anybody's part.

The current 3 frames are fine as they are. Excalibur has to stay-- he's the poster boy for the game. Volt is a decent frame that introduces you to using powers for Damage, CC, and Support, and Mag is a slightly more advanced but still approachable frame that introduces you to using powers specifically to control the battlefield and support allies.

Putting a frame that has a health heal in the starter rotation would do nothing but make them the optimal choice so that's a bad idea. Which would you pick? The frame that can pull things or the frame that's described as being able to strike down foes while healing allies?

3 hours ago, Wrum said:

honestly i would keep mag or volt and swap out the other for a more stealth based frame like it was origionaly. then it was brawler, caster, rouge. now we have brawler, caster, caster

I would say Ash, since even after he was nerfed he is still a solid frame to play with.

Edited by Nazrethim

Eh... I'd rather not have any quest frames as the first frames in the game - that would disincentivize doing the quests.

Personally, the frames should be durable enough to get the player going without much investment, and possibly have a really strong endgame - which is Excalibur in a nutshell, and why that frame should stay as a starter frame.

As far as the others go... I'd rather retain Volt instead of Mag, as Mag requires a fair amount of work to make her decent, and she's not all that great without doing a solid build.  I'd lean towards Frost or Ember as a replacement - Ember because she's halfway decent for the star chart with little mod investment, and starts to really shine as you invest more into the frame - and the same can be said about Frost.

we dont need new starters they should just build the frames with the fact that they are starters in mind, allowing each to give you a taste of what is to come. also excal should be available earlier than pluto, starters should be easy to get for newbies

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Atlas should stay rare as that's one of the few incentives left in the game to get a decent archwing rig built out.

Wrong. Atlas rarity is the reason hes so under played. He is a literal monster in high lvl sorties. Fastly becoming my main. New players would love him...and most people hate archwing. It sux to lock such a great frame behind a boring archwing mission.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Wrong. Atlas rarity is the reason hes so under played. He is a literal monster in high lvl sorties. Fastly becoming my main. New players would love him...and most people hate archwing. It sux to lock such a great frame behind a boring archwing mission.

Then DE should fix Archwing so it doesn't suck.  Besides, he's currently locked behind the Jordas Precept quest, which would make him a quest frame - and those should **NOT** be starter frames.