Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sharpening our Razorbacks: a PC weekend post-mortem.

[DE]Rebecca

PC Tenno,

Over the weekend you encountered the longtime-coming Razorback Armada, and many of you decided that the razors hadn't been sharpened enough since your last encounter.

While you may have been delighted to find the Gorgon Wraith & Puncture Event Mods return, some issues did crop up! 

So what are we doing to improve things for next time?

1) No more level-wide lockdown when a camera spots you (it'll alert enemies to your presence, but the lock-down won't be initiated).

2) Easier hacking puzzles in the Razorback Arena - if you forgot ciphers or just want a moment's reprieve with an easier hack, it'll be there. The Bursa's hacking puzzles are unchanged.

3) Move all rewards to end of mission instead of dropping directly from the boss.

4) Toxin Mods have been removed as rewards.

5) The Armada will have more global health for a longer stay (it should stay approximately 5x longer now).

6) Fixed the Razorback Cipher not being consumed for all players (it'll be removed at EOM). This will prevent abuse of not spending Ciphers and toxic moments that occurred as a result.

It looks like we'll see the Fomorian before the Razorback Armada again, but we expect the next Armada appearance to go as smoothly as a close shave based on these changes!

Thanks to all Tenno who provided constructive feedback on the Armada!

Any thoughts on reducing the polymer cost of the razorback ciphers? Many players found the 3500 each to be painfully high. Given the chance of finding each weapon part and the need for repeat runs, this potentially made gorgon wraith one of the most expensive items in the entire game in terms of polymer.

... and the 3500 Polymer Bundle cost per individual run? What are you going to do about that? I've got plenty stockpiled so I'm not too fussed. I'm also aware of how to farm a lot of them.

However

3500 polymer bundles is a lot for an average player. I would suggest lowering it to 1000 or changing it to a more common Corpus-centered resource.

4 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

... and the 3500 Polymer Bundle cost per individual run? What are you going to do about that? I've got plenty stockpiled so I'm not too fussed. I'm also aware of how to farm a lot of them.

However

3500 polymer bundles is a lot for an average player. I would suggest lowering it to 1000 or changing it to a more common Corpus-centered resource.

or make the bp a 4x ciper bp

3 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

i think it's more 100:1, i mean, i have more than 1kk of nano and less than 10k of poly atm

Nano drops on planets that has other stuff you actually need, whereas Poly drops on planets with stuff like Gallium and Morphics, the 2 most abundant of rare resources.

Meh, sounds like the fight will stay the same so just like this time I won't really bother with it when it comes around again.

Those changes are nice for those that need the Puncture mods but overall the fight itself just isn't good at all despite some interesting ideas, which is a shame, the enemy looks nice, threatening, everything else about it completely kills all the fun.

What is this going to help now, given that the event is over? Many of these issues were there last time too, and you didn't do anything then, even though you asked for feedback then as well. Can we expect you to just forget it again, and then repeat the same mistake over and over? We waited like 6 months, got a 5 day event that lasted 2 days, you didn't bother hotfixing anything while it was ongoing, and now you're just giving us the same "we'll do better next time" post, expecting us to give you kudos for realizing stuff way too late, again.

How about this. You get to work implementing those fixes right now, then give us the actual Razorback Armada in a week or two, so we know you actually listened to us and did something about it, not just pushing it 6-12 months down the line. And also, lower that Polymer cost.

Let's just agree that 3500 polymer for a single consumable is beyond ridiculous.

Large Energy Restores only cost 50 per and they restore 400 energy.

Large Ammo Restores cost 30 per and restore ~300 ammo.

Razorback ciphers costs 3500 per and has one use.

Archived