Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sharpening our Razorbacks: a PC weekend post-mortem.

[DE]Rebecca

3 minutes ago, Agentawesome said:

I'd really just prefer if the cost of the Ciphers was reduced, 3.5k polymers is not easy to grind out, let alone getting multiple of them to get a Gorgon set.

I wouldn't say it's too big of a problem for the ones simply aiming for a gorgon set, rather the people who aim to keep farming it for puncture/archwing mods

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

1) No more level-wide lockdown when a camera spots you (it'll alert enemies to your presence, but the lock-down won't be initiated).

3) Move all rewards to end of mission instead of dropping directly from the boss.

4) Toxin Mods have been removed as rewards.

Awesome, thanks.

5) The Armada will have more global health for a longer stay (it should stay approximately 5x longer now).

6) Fixed the Razorback Cipher not being consumed for all players (it'll be removed at EOM). This will prevent abuse of not spending Ciphers and toxic moments that occurred as a result.

Ok, but....sigh.

If all ciphers will be consumed in the future, then the event won't complete as quickly as it did this time. So increasing it's health by five times will most likely make it very difficult to save the relay in time.

People were jerks about the ciphers because they require farming Archwing, and a HUGE amount of polymer bundles per cipher.

Doing both of these things creates a new problem for next time. Please choose one or the other. 

5) The Armada will have more global health for a longer stay (it should stay approximately 5x longer now).

6) Fixed the Razorback Cipher not being consumed for all players (it'll be removed at EOM). This will prevent abuse of not spending Ciphers and toxic moments that occurred as a result.

Okay, so here in lies the issue with this. The ciphers still require 3,500 Polymer bundles. I'm a veteran, and I had a little under 200k Polymer stocked up beforehand, and by the end of the event I was down to about 14k. 
 Then there's the fact you had to farm components from Archwing. A large majority of the community tends to dislike doing things in Archwing, so that's one of the other reasons people were toxic with their keys in Public games. 

Increasing the global health for a longer stay is fine, but make the cipher's build requirements not cost so much (or better yet, no) Polymer bundles and maybe relocate the other component in another place. 

Also, I have one last critique. I was around for the original Razorback event, and those ciphers didn't exist then. Why do we need ciphers now all of a sudden to fight the boss? It's a pet peeve at most, but it still bothers me to some extent. All this said, I hope we get some more feedback from y'all about other possible changes to Razorback. 

I think these changes actually make the Razorback an even worse grind overall then it was. Mostly because #3,#4, and #6 all compound each other.

3) Move all rewards to end of mission instead of dropping directly from the boss.

The problem is while useless Toxin mods are removed from rewards, it sounds like you'll be moving the Gorgon Wraith parts and Puncture mods there instead. And knowing DE this will mean a 90%+ chance for a Gorgon Wraith part, and a 10% chance split evenly for a Puncture mod or one of the Heat + Status Archwing mods. That's already not good because it means the chance of an actual good reward is still abysmal. But then we factor in #6.

So we have the same S#&$ty loot chances, except at 3x-4x the cost. For reference, I did 100 runs of the Razorback and ended up, after trading, 1 Puncture mod set, 2 Magma Chamber, 2 extra Bore, and 1 extra Auger Strike. Overall I was somewhat unlucky with drops and had 20% less drops then could be expected, so the runs to get a set and PROBABLY 2 Archwing mods is ~60-80. Le'ts say 70 for ease of numbers.

That ends up giving us a 245,000 Polymer Bundle cost, a 210 Gallium cost, and a 280 ALU cost. The Polymer cost to try to get a single set of mods is absolutely ridiculous; for reference the cost of ONE Cipher is more then almost any other Polymer Bundle cost in the entire game, barring 6 items (Valkyr Prime Systems, Scoliac, Stradavar, Marelok, Grinlok, and the Incubator Upgrade Segment). And one Cipher gives you F*** all for rewards due to how bad the drop chance is. The only reason the grind was even slightly bearable was because with a good group you could cut the grind by 66% or 75%.

So please, either lower the Polymer Bundle cost significantly, or make the end of mission rewards more common then a 10% chance for something that takes this much farming and waiting to even have a chance to get.

6 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I think Isolator Bursas going in all-rambo style and one-shotting a half-health Razorback should be fixed as well.
Not because it's game-breaking, because honestly it's funny as all hell to see.

I also think this is something that should be looked at and not because of what it did to the Razorback but because it might be indicative of what Isolator Bursas can do to players and might explain some of the surprise deaths people complain about.

I'd like if more events like this were handled the way the Ambulas event was done for rewards.

I loved being able earn my rewards instead of gamble it and hope RNG favors me.

It also got me to hop into the relays. I openly do not like the political balancing involved with syndicates, so I avoid all but the neutral ones, the remainder being maybe 60% of the reason to go to relays.

Other reasons to go to relays not related to syndicates: social aspect, quests, ego stroking at the (hidden) founders monument, Baro, practicing/playing mastery ranks challenges.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

-snip-

One of the communities biggest outcries, the price of the ciphers at 3.5k poly was unaddressed DE; will this be adjusted moving forward? Let me put it this way- for the first time in the hundreds of hours I've played Warframe, I actually put down my mouse and left to do something else not because I was dead tired that causes me to stop playing, but because it was boring and tedious.

I welcome the changes overall though, but please make the archwing mods drop from actualy ARCHWING GAMEPLAY for the duration of the event rather than from the normal gameplay as it doesn't make sense that archwing mods should suddenly drop from ground battle all of a sudden when they've historically never done so. The moment the event is over, either by the players winning or losing, remove the mods from the enemies death drop table. I know this doesn't make logical sense and is my own personal bias, but I didn't feel rewarded as someone who regularly plays and loves archwings as the mods that I've wanted for so long are a little more than platinum tools now and are forever out of my reach once again.

Good changes but...

That means that instead of a million Toxic/Status mods, we will get a million Gorgon Wraith parts, making the puncture/archwing mods just as rare, if not more.

Also, no polymer cost reduction? Polymer isnt as easy to get as Cyrotic or Nanospores. I really wont bother the next time the armada shows up if I have to pay 3500 polymer to get another Gorgon reciever.

There is still the fact we need to farm Archwing, which REALLY few people like, to make the keys.

That might go wrong. The event went quickly due people being able to run more with less keys. Only with the fix, the event should take 4x longer, with the extra time I dont think the relay will be saved.

The toxic behaviour was largely due to the ciphers costing 3500 polymer each (or something to that extent) combined with a 20% droprate on 6 rare mods. The average player would have to do 30 runs and spend 100,000 polymer. If there is going to be some other loot table dilution, then please reduce the cost of the ciphers. 

Moreover, there are much fewer corpus weapons to get from the invasions so we're likely to see twice as many Fomorian invasions compared to Razorback armada's. Without some change here, there is little chance that the razorback comes once a year. Take a look at the stats and see how much progress the razorback made over the last 4 months and it's somewhere near 25% if not less. 

Just let Baro bring the Puncture mods please. We literally waited a year to get some and many of us got none, while a lucky few are charging more outrageous prices than ever. A large part of the so-called toxic behavior was due to the artificial rarity you've created. He has Impact and Slash, why is Puncture being held out as some special other thing? Please end this. It is the best recompense you can make for players burned by this terrible event.

13 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

@[DE]Rebecca 

I think it should be approximately 3 times longer, (assuming same interest as last one, it should last till around end of Sunday/Monday if started same time)

Problem with 5x is that it assumes next time it will be at least as busy as last one throughout the whole length of it,
with 7days counter it's cutting very close if not too much and it will likely kill relay.
Not to mention last time lots of people run it without ciphers due to bug mentioned in 6, it won't work next time.

That means you will likely have overall:
- less people running the mission next time,
- with overall interest lower throughout the whole length of it,
- while increasing the health pass the 7-day time limit (or close to it) ....

That way the alert will likely fail to kill razorback.
If you want to keep that change, I would suggest to significantly drop cost (polymer bundles) of the cipher crafting and increase drop rate of the item that's being used to craft it

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

snip

It's all very good you making changes now but loads of us wasted our time and only got toxin/status mods as rewards..... which most will have already got from normal drops.  This should have been done prior to the event being over, not for the next one. 

So is there going to be any fix for those of us who wasted our time and only got toxin/status mods from the rewards.... I got 0 puncture mods (let alone the supposed archwing one) from rewards but luckily I'm in a decent clan so got given a spare shotgun one but that still doesn't excuse the way the rng was balanced.

No adjustment for the cost of the ciphers then.....3500 polymer is expensive considering how much that's used in other things like energy pizza's... maybe even consider changing it to a less used resource like salvage....

And I assume that with the toxin mods being removed you won't be watering down the drop table with something else in it's place...gorgon wraith and puncture mods should be separate drops with their own drop chance.

At the very least you could extend the last event, because it's going to be a LONG time till it comes back again, and give us a couple more days of the armada with these fixes.

15 hours ago, AXCrusnik said:

Well.. that's kinda silly considering the amount per drop ratio for Nano:Poly is like 2:1

2:1? More like 20:1. Currently have 5 million nano spores to 200-300k polymer bundles.

That's nice, but too late.

^

This feedback was given MONHTS ago during first Razorback event but apparently no one gave a dem. What's up with those "fixes" now after whole 2 events that are over? Most people by now have at least one puncture set for themselves and gorgone. Most people are,safe to say, learned how to bypass the lockdown (and by that I mean quickly killing the cameras for example - because everyone knows the general placement of those) and bypass the Bursa hacking (so you wouldn't waste time and ciphers on them). Why ever run this event again? No real reason.

@[DE]Rebecca It is also said that Titania's power 4 can fly through the gap at the door without hacking. Though I only heard about this but hope this is being looked at too.

Hopefully the fomorian event will be a more pleasant one. Cheers!

GG the band has gogole. Bravo for the interface ..... you have no 4K you have a horrible interface but have done with. And the event razorbak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRAVO you atend 6 months to see the event arrive and in the end if you have a real life you have no time to see it !!!!!!!!! Bravo again and serene before we swing S#&$ like its turn on your computer or consol and try your games .......................
Has more his vas has more games is worth to be delete and decays on the fofo so that people know what to catch .................

19 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

PC Tenno,

Over the weekend you encountered the longtime-coming Razorback Armada, and many of you decided that the razors hadn't been sharpened enough since your last encounter.

While you may have been delighted to find the Gorgon Wraith & Puncture Event Mods return, some issues did crop up! 

So what are we doing to improve things for next time?

1) No more level-wide lockdown when a camera spots you (it'll alert enemies to your presence, but the lock-down won't be initiated).

2) Easier hacking puzzles in the Razorback Arena - if you forgot ciphers or just want a moment's reprieve with an easier hack, it'll be there. The Bursa's hacking puzzles are unchanged.

It looks like we'll see the Fomorian before the Razorback Armada again, but we expect the next Armada appearance to go as smoothly as a close shave based on these changes!

Thanks to all Tenno who provided constructive feedback on the Armada!

Khm, forgot one important part... the resources for ciphers?

Global HP driven events are awful. And now you are BOTH fixing keys and adding health by a factor of 5. Why overstep? The grinding for keys was awful and half the event for many people was farming the key parts from basic resources.

Why couldn't it be interesting? You already have half the key unique items from archwing for some reason for it not being a archwing boss, I know you just finished the ambulas coding but it could have been more fun with like a baby Razorback scout with a bursa support team with the same boss gimmick needing the bursa to outright kill the scout using the new dropships and have that give the key parts.

Farming raw resources is not fun for a short timed event. Polymer bundles already have sinks with ammo and energy squad restores. Could have just used like 10 fieldron samples.

On 15/05/2017 at 7:42 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Shame, I actually enjoyed having to be more careful with the cameras. It made a welcome change from the same rushing through the level ignoring everything.

I hope DE doesn't listen players whining to have the game dumbed down because they can't be bothered to pay attention to what they're doing. This game desperately needs more tactical elements and less semi-AFKing.

9 hours ago, aldebert said:

GG the band has gogole. Bravo for the interface ..... you have no 4K you have a horrible interface but have done with. And the event razorbak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRAVO you atend 6 months to see the event arrive and in the end if you have a real life you have no time to see it !!!!!!!!! Bravo again and serene before we swing S#&$ like its turn on your computer or consol and try your games .......................
Has more his vas has more games is worth to be delete and decays on the fofo so that people know what to catch .................

Et trou duc; pourquoi you parler mal comme sa your franglais est a chier aligne 2 words sans faute et you can nike your mama ;) 

Archived