Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transference/focus is broken.

(XBOX)I LEFT CAPS 0N

When I try to use Transference, I open up the power menu, tap LT to use it, it clearly gets highlighted and instead goes into operator mode, and can't use focus power from the powers menu.
Going into operator mode doesn't work consistently.
The only workaround I've found is to just highlight it using left/right on the D-Pad and press the use power button, but during fast paced combat this is tough to do on the fly, and even then it's still impossible to use operator mode during kuva siphon/flood missions.
http://xboxclips.com/I+LEFT+CAPS+0N/9399c373-4685-452a-a944-dd5ed2592432

In a somewhat related issue, I tried using Mesa's Peacemakers, but 9 out of 10 times right after I end the ability, my character will automatically shoot its normal weapon without me even touching the trigger.
http://xboxclips.com/I+LEFT+CAPS+0N/a0c939d0-7246-4d3f-8f74-f6871e2c44fd

51 minutes ago, (Xbox One)I LEFT CAPS 0N said:

When I try to use Transference, I open up the power menu, tap LT to use it, it clearly gets highlighted and instead goes into operator mode, and can't use focus power from the powers menu.

I'm a bit confused about this, Transference IS "Operator Mode" where you get to run around as everyone's favorite emo kid,
and you don't use any (1-4) abilities while in it, you have Primary Fire, Quick Melee, Crouch and Bullet Jump to do your stuff. *shrug*

I should have been a little more clear. I didn't mean mean to sound like I was talking about using powers while in kid mode, just using focus and transference consistently while the powers menu is open is nigh on impossible. 
Holding the use power button opens the power menu and tapping the transference button (in the video, it's LT) is supposed to do your focus thing while holding it is supposed to make the kid pop out.
What's happening now is tapping the transference button while the power menu is open usually makes the kid pop out and holding the button does nothing, but every now and then the kid will pop out after releasing the button. 

After a lot of playing, changing the transference key around, and even using another controller, the issue is still persisting.

Edited by (XB1)I LEFT CAPS 0N

41 minutes ago, (Xbox One)I LEFT CAPS 0N said:

Holding the use power button opens the power menu and tapping the transference button (in the video, it's LT) is supposed to do your focus thing while holding it is supposed to make the kid pop out.

You've got it backwards.  Tapping the button brings out the emo kid, holding the button is supposed to activate your focus power (unless there's an option to switch them).

42 minutes ago, (Xbox One)I LEFT CAPS 0N said:

What's happening now is tapping the transference button while the power menu is open usually makes the kid pop out and holding the button does nothing, but every now and then the kid will pop out after releasing the button. 

Sounds like a bug if you aren't able to cast your focus powers.  If there is an option to switch actions (like I mentioned above) then maybe try switching that in the options and see if it helps?

14 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

You've got it backwards.  Tapping the button brings out the emo kid, holding the button is supposed to activate your focus power (unless there's an option to switch them).

Sounds like a bug if you aren't able to cast your focus powers.  If there is an option to switch actions (like I mentioned above) then maybe try switching that in the options and see if it helps?

I do have the "invert tap/hold abilities" option checked, so that's probably why it's backwards.
I just tried, but didn't help.

I did find something interesting though, R3d P01nt, I was messing around with the controls again and noticed the focus/transference weren't working correctly with triggers, bumpers, the D-Pad and pretty much every other button I could change, so assigned it to clicking the left thumbstick and found that works just fine, but I found out another issue, while the chatbox is open:
When the Right Trigger has been fully depressed, it apparently sends one signal to open/close that side panel, but the trigger sends multiple signals until it's fully depressed. 
In the .gif I'm fully depressing it a few times and then keeping partially depressed. 

I'm thinking if the trigger does that while the chatbox is open, maybe the other buttons are doing similar things while the power menu is open, causing focus/transference to mess up?

I spent a while using different controllers and got the same results, I guess some buttons are messed up with a small amount of people with this update?

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)I LEFT CAPS 0N said:

I do have the "invert tap/hold abilities" option checked, so that's probably why it's backwards.
I just tried, but didn't help.

I did find something interesting though, R3d P01nt, I was messing around with the controls again and noticed the focus/transference weren't working correctly with triggers, bumpers, the D-Pad and pretty much every other button I could change, so assigned it to clicking the left thumbstick and found that works just fine, but I found out another issue, while the chatbox is open:
When the Right Trigger has been fully depressed, it apparently sends one signal to open/close that side panel, but the trigger sends multiple signals until it's fully depressed. 
In the .gif I'm fully depressing it a few times and then keeping partially depressed. 

I'm thinking if the trigger does that while the chatbox is open, maybe the other buttons are doing similar things while the power menu is open, causing focus/transference to mess up?

I spent a while using different controllers and got the same results, I guess some buttons are messed up with a small amount of people with this update?

That's interesting indeed.  I don't do any customization of my controls, so I haven't noticed anything unusual.  Have you tried going back to the standard config and seeing if it all works as planned and then going back to your configuration and trying again?  Definitely looks like somethings up from the .gif.

13 hours ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

That's interesting indeed.  I don't do any customization of my controls, so I haven't noticed anything unusual.  Have you tried going back to the standard config and seeing if it all works as planned and then going back to your configuration and trying again?  Definitely looks like somethings up from the .gif.

Yes. I completely reset my controls back to default, played around some and still had the same issues.
I guess my original transference problem got "fixed" by mapping it to the thumbstick, but until it gets looked at from the technical side of things, those bugs will be crawling around.

Edited by (XB1)I LEFT CAPS 0N