Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE really, about Ambulas in Hades-Pluto, still 40 beacons?

Kaiser_Suoh

Another Boss who will be trapped in grindwall ("oh look a cool boss to fight... why i cant enter to the mission? wtf 40 beacons? where to farm?")

2qiwndj.jpg

I want to fight Ambulas again, as a normal boss, but i need 40 beacons to fight him and i still need 40 beacons.

Farm beacons is not easy, is painful and boring, we need a mission in Pluto (my favorite Outer Terminus, or Regna) and wait for Ambulas ship, the ship comes, but it comes WITHOUT AMBULAS, you can do many missions and you will never be able to see any Ambulas (remember that 1 Ambulas = 6 beacons), just imagine how many missions (10+) you will need to fight Ambulas in Hades-Pluto? you even imagine how much missions to farm Excalibur parts?

You want another forgotten Boss? because who will farm many many times for beacons? not me.

I dont know if that 40 beacons to fight Ambulas in Hades is a bug or not, but for now is still in the map, and is annoying.

Seriously

So, DE will say "we will not change Ambulas beacons" like with the HEMA post?

DEAidan in HEMA POST:

Hello All,

When I first joined the DE Community team in early January, Update 19.5: The Glast Gambit had just been released. I marveled at Nidus and his armaments with no real respect or understanding for the time it took to earn these items in game. As I began to play Warframe more frequently, I quickly developed an appreciation for farming, and those players that are willing to work together to reach their goals. 

Concerning the Hema, it appears that this thread has entirely run its course. This is not to suggest that the initial criticisms and suggestions are invalid; however, as we have made clear, the Mutagen Sample research cost of the Hema will not be changed. We understand that this is not an ideal situation for all players and we live with our mistakes - we wanted to make goals for clans, but this wasn't the best way to do it.Our intention was never to harm players, nor to ask them to empty their Platinum coffers; the Hema is but one of nearly 300 weapons, and it hasn’t exactly flown off the shelves. 

At this point in its lifespan, this thread has become little more than a perpetually revolving cycle of insults and ad hominem, such interactions are not welcome on this forum. Additionally, the effort spent by our moderating team to keep tabs on this thread, I would argue, would be much better spent on topics that discuss new ideas concerning Warframe and its community. It is with this in mind that I have decided to lock this thread. In the future, I would like all of us to remain dedicated to level-headed, thoughtful discussion and argumentation. We can all see what happens when things spiral out of control, no one wins.

Despite the difficulty, thousands of Tenno have answered the call and helped their clans along into a viral proccing wonderland. We thank these players for their commitment to each other and to Warframe. For those of you who have earned the Hema for free, brandish it with pride. For those of you still trying to earn the Hema, I am with you. Feel free to reach out with a farm request, I need all the Energy Vampire practice I can get.

In short: "DE will not change that, just farm more"

DE, is Ambulas, a Boss in Solar System, how can it be trapped in grindwall?

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

47 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Tell that to Kela de Thaym. Don't ask me why it's a good idea to have a system like this.

At least Kela drops some unique mods where you can only get from defeating her.

What does Ambulas has to offer?

Also, Judgement points are easier to farm compared to Ambulas' RNGness with regards to it's appearance in missions.

Also, 25 points vs 40 Animo Nav Beacons.

You get 10 points per arena fight (lowest level one) vs 6 beacons per Ambulas.

One gives you 40% of the cost needed, another yields only 15%.

Edited by PierceSG

- if a New Player is paying attention, they'll already know where to get Animo Beacons before they even get presented a requirement to have them. because it's a dead end Mission at the back of the Planet. you HAVE to complete Missions where you can get them before you can use them.

- it's largely the fault of the Player if they decide they wish to have something, and will only do that until they have it. that's the expressway to uninterest and burnout. "but that's the only thing i want to do in the game!" - no it isn't. you have other things that you wish/need to do, mix those in.

even if you do make the common massive mistake of only doing one thing in a game, 8 Missions to get the required points to do said Boss Fight isn't a lot of Missions. it isn't.

if the requirements go down, it has to be made sure that it doesn't go down low enough that a New Player will have the requirement before they have access to the Mission (in assuming they don't play each Mission more than twice, and/or don't do any branched Missions), that's not a situation you want the Player to end up in since that's more prone to confusion.

To be honest, players that reach pluto and start doing the defense, the interception, the excavation and all the other missions will gather far more than 40 beacons necessary for the boss, i don't see how is it a problem.

No gameplay at all is a problem, avoiding ambulas in missions is a problem, not the beacons necessary.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Roybit said:

Its only one 20 minute run on outer terminus. Without the grind  the game wouldn't have lasted as long as it has.

Since the event ended it is taking considerably longer than 20 minutes to get 40 beacons for Ambulas.

First you have to deal with the dropship coming without Ambulas.  Whenever that happens that adds another 5ish minutes to the mission in the hopes that a dropship spawns with an Ambulas for once.

Second is that the spawn timer for dropships seems to be quite a bit longer than it was for the event.  Meaning that you're now spending quite a lot longer in outer terminus with absolutely nothing to do as you twiddle your thumbs and just wait for a dropship to spawn and hope that it's carrying ambulas.
Longest I've timed it so far was 10 minutes between spawns.

This isn't a grind.  This is just a stupid: sit there without anything to do until a drop ship spawns, pray that ambulas is on that ship, and then sit there again with nothing to do until another one spawns.

Kela is an acceptable grind.  No RNG at all to get to Kela and you're actually doing something to get the points.
Ambulas amino becaons is not acceptable after the event ends.  Its RNG whether ambulas will be on the dropship at the moment, and even if that was fixed its still a "sit there twiddling your thumbs until the dropship spawns without doing anything" to get the beacons.

Edited by Tsukinoki

6 hours ago, PierceSG said:

At least Kela drops some unique mods where you can only get from defeating her.

What does Ambulas has to offer?

Also, Judgement points are easier to farm compared to Ambulas' RNGness with regards to it's appearance in missions.

Also, 25 points vs 40 Animo Nav Beacons.

You get 10 points per arena fight (lowest level one) vs 6 beacons per Ambulas.

One gives you 40% of the cost needed, another yields only 15%.

Ambulas also drops Animo beacons during the boss fight (at least he did last time I checked)

You have to deliver 5 or 6 hacked abulas to complete the fight successfully. 

Long story short: I entered the fight with 40 and left with 42 beacons. 

Granted the math only checks out if you do not screw up

you even imagine how much missions to farm Excalibur parts?

Did an Axi Corpus MD yesterday, did it 3 times -- got 6 Condor reinforcemens with 3 Ambulas spawns (penultimate 5 scores tier): Ambulas was dropped after the first reinfocements drop (which, ironically, makes sense 'cause you steamrolled the reinforcements so you «deserved a gift»). Same goes for non-Fissure missions, at least 1 reinforcements drop and then an Ambulas one. That was w/o stretching the time of mission, so could be more of them.

Seems fine to me.

Why not just playing the game? Ambulas is the last Star Chart enemy/boss in the game, so making specific requirements seems fine given the fact that the boss itself isn't dangerous at all. Also,

«An Animo Nav Beacon! With enough of those we'll be able to find where Bek is hiding Animo.»

«That hack blocked the upload of critical tactical data to Animo while simultaneously giving us a clue to its location. Well done

-- Ergo Glast

--------------------

6 hours ago, PrwnStar42 said:

DE wants to reduce the grind...

So...

I suppose you miss the times when you had a chance for a warframe part to drop, or a chance for a single Control Module/Morphics drop per day of farming, or when you were getting 150 Annoy Plates per Asteroid MD on Ceres, right?

--------------------

After so many threads I have seen for the past 2 years... Why do I have a feeling that the WF community becomes a spoiled brat? People want everything on a platter at once without making any efforts, people can't accept that they missed something or that the other people have something they paid for while the others -- didn't, people tend to rant on the forums spending as much time as it would take to achieve the in-game goal, people want a challenge to trivialize it and the game itself by themselves to blame/bash for the lack of any kind of challenge or enemies being able to fight back, people tend to abuse/exploit any possibility even if the given condition isn't grinding at all and yet still bashing the devs. Sigh. Did we reach the pinnacle of the rant for the sake of rant, and Circlejerking Vandal?

4 hours ago, Thundervision said:

Why not just playing the game? Ambulas is the last Star Chart enemy/boss in the game, so making specific requirements seems fine given the fact that the boss itself isn't dangerous at all. Also,

--------------------

Is that an excuse for all DE mistakes?

Another Bosses dont have that level of grind, even Kela who have the same grindwall system is even more easy to farm and fight her.

DE must realize that Ambulas grindwall is a mistake, and painful for players who dont choose Excalibur as a started warframe.
DE pls reduce grind just in that Boss pls.

13 hours ago, p3z1 said:

Tell that to Kela de Thaym. Don't ask me why it's a good idea to have a system like this.

At least you can earn a run of her in a single 5 minute Rathuum.

20 beacons (the actual cost since it refunds 20 after clearing) is a LOT of grind for one Ambulas run.

Edit:  Apparently Kela's entry cost was reduced with update 20.  You now earn TWO runs per 5-minute Rathuum.

Edited by Callback