Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(!) Meta NPC Help Quest Activated: Invulnerable Enemy Bug

[DE]Rebecca

Update: 

Tenno: I need your help, WE need your help.

There is a bug that is frustrating players everywhere - the invulnerable enemy bug. This problem is plaguing us like scarabs on the sands of Phobos. Most of us at DE have seen it in our own sessions, but reproducing it to nail down the exact fix has been extremely difficult.

What exactly are we seeing?

You get an enemy that can't be killed and there's no obvious reason why; in most missions you wouldn't notice but in a Defense mission this prevents the wave from finishing and blocks progression.

Often clients won't even see the enemy but we've heard that if host marks it with a waypoint clients will see the marker down below the floor (a screenshot or video footage of this would be helpful). We're also curious of the Codex Scanner reveals any clues about this apparition from the grave.

We've also heard that the host will see damage numbers when shooting the enemy (again, confirmation of this would be helpful).

Salting the wound is the fact that this enemy is still active and can damage or even kill players!

What is the known work around?

If the host closes Warframe (Alt-F4) and the session migrates to someone else the invulnerable enemy will be gone and the host can reconnect to the squad; this obviously isn't great and doesn't help solo players so we need to find a proper fix.

Here's where you come in!

Here is what else we think we know
1) We think it can happen both Solo and Co-operatively.
2) We don't think tileset matters - it can happen anywhere - but we'd like to confirm this so let us know where you saw it.
3) We don't think faction matters - we've heard a lot about the Corpus but that could just be because of the Ambulas Reborn event.
4) We think a certain loadout might matter (for example: Frost Snow Globe may be pushing enemies into the walls and causing this somehow); if you get it please note (or screenshot) the loadouts!
5) We do not think Host Migration is responsible since we've seen this solo however if you do experience this bug it would be helpful to note if there had been a migration earlier.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to reproduce this bug. Tell us with certainty how you got this bug to occur in the comments  - if you already have strong evidence please include links. If you were the host it might also be helpful to set aside your EE.log to send to support (especially if you can include F6 screenshots that go with the same log).

Thank you Tenno, you're our only hope.

Furthermore clients who can not see the enemy will still be able to hear it. If you manage to catch this issue it would be interesting if the source of the sound is in the same location as the host sees it.

Another report suggests that clients rejoining will make the enemy visible (but still invincible) for you. 

Edited by [DE]Saske

I've had this happen to me twice in a solo survival fissure mission on Warframe PS4.  I just ignored the invulnerable enemy.  If I do another and it happens, I'll capture the video and send it to support (or you!).

My initial thought was that when the fissure happens, you see the enemy become 'zapped'.  In that state, he is invulnerable for a while, and I still keep melee'ing/shooting him.  I'm guessing that once in a blue moon, the enemy refuses to get out of this state and so becomes invulnerable forever.

1 minute ago, (PS4)vinster said:

I've had this happen to me twice in a solo survival fissure mission on Warframe PS4.  I just ignored the invulnerable enemy.  If I do another and it happens, I'll capture the video and send it to support (or you!).

My initial thought was that when the fissure happens, you see the enemy become 'zapped'.  In that state, he is invulnerable for a while, and I still keep melee'ing/shooting him.  I'm guessing that once in a blue moon, the enemy refuses to get out of this state and so becomes invulnerable forever.

Yes we first heard about it in Fissure missions but we've since seen it in regular missions so we're thinking we can rule out the corruption process.

If it helps i can tell you i have seen it on Akkad on Eris.  No frost in it.  Main CC frame was a max range vortex Vauban.  Unfortunately i do not appear to have gotten screenshots of it.  I can say that the host exiting and rejoining did fix it at the time.   There was not a Host Migration before the bug.

This occured to me on the final hours of Ambulas Reborn event.

We were at wave 35 of pluto defense, I was using Mag (and mostly panthera) and one other was using Frost. (can't remember the rest of the equipment)
A Scavenger Drone became invincible somehow, and with that particular drone it has an incredible fire rate XD (we ended up losing that match)

We noticed that only the host could see the invincible enemy, and the other (Frost) could not.
No amount or direction of applied bullets could affect the invincible enemy, nor did melee, transference, abilities . ... .. . . 
I faintly remember the other Frost mentioning that they "might" have gotten something from casting Freeze at some point in time, but nonetheless we couldn't affect it at all.

That's about all i got for that instance. Hope this helps out somehow ^__^

It's a tad late for screenshots and all but I encountered this while hosting a Pluto Defense using Hydroid, Ferrox, Euphona Prime & Prisma Obex.
The enemy which was invisible to all clients but mine was targetting a mindcontrolled enemy before I left so my teammates could get their items from the Ambulas they had been killing up until then. We did have a rhino also in the squad but I don't know if he ever interacted with that enemy in any way.
Next time it happens I'll try to remember to send in an ee.log.

I had it only while the Ambulas event was on never in any normal defense mission or other type of mission, only back then in a early state of the game i t once happend.

Those invincible enemys also seem to suddenly scale up oddly, some seen level 300 ones as host on like wave 20-25 already.

I would assume its a spawn problem the game thinking wave or so is higher already causing the spawning enemy to glitch maybe, since wrong scaling he becomes invincible and or invisible for others.

I noticed it only once or twice in my entire Warframe playtime, and from what I gleaned it had to do with several effects "clipping" with each other on that target. It was a mix of status and Warframe effects. There are lighter cases of that which are easily reproduced. For example, when an enemy just got knocked to the ground and would have some time to get up, instead it instantly stands again due to an impact damage proc which forces the "stagger" animation.

If  I was to make an educated guess, the invulnerable enemies might have something to do with several lasting effects going bonkers on it. A good lead might be corrosion procs, which may result in negative armor in certain cases but instead of doing more damage, the engine turns damage off completely? Just wild speculation.

Edited by Khunvyel

33 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to reproduce this bug.

Reb's new last name if Phelps, I see... :clem:

Original TV show or buuuust...

-EDIT-

Saw ages ago on Io, Jupiter, during fissure. I don't remember seeing it since, and I have no recollection of loadouts.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

I had this happen to me once sorry if this isnt useful but my take on it after reading all the comments and OP; probably an enemy is just spawning in while we moving/bullet jumping/volt speeding/rhino charging/etc and gets teleported while spawning in which probably locked an invulnerable phase in there somewhere during the spawn in and teleport of said mob as we moving to quickly?

yup Io jupiter during fissure

its was a invisible MOA with a constant slash proc going on with blood splattering, no damage numbers though

it acted as if it was dead but it was making noises, although it didnt stop proggresion

i didn't think anything of it until now, sadly i didn't catch screenshot (shame me)

we had 2 limbo with catalyst build, prism mirage and frost, so i guess the amount of visual clutter and lag, we were begging for bugs :/

Edited by (PS4)kamil_demon

Had this happening on Hydron - Sedna, I was not hosting but played with Frost. I was still able to see the enemie but could not damage him. I did not see damage numbers indicating that he was somehow made invulnerable by an ability

Not sure if I've had it happen to me yet, or maybe I have but haven't been paying attention. But wanted to propose a theory. 

What if the enemies collision model is being forced into (or under) the current tileset but the visual model remains and becomes separated. I've had my fair share of host issues with grineer kavats being invincible only to discover that where the visual model and collision model (the one that can actually be damaged) are in two separate locations. 

I am sure you already looked into it but enemies are invulnerable if they get corrupted by the void. My only guess is, that this invulnerability of about 2 seconds when the void-lightning hits them, does not turn off.

I have seen a few games getting messy with low fps set-ups, one reason being booleans with timers on them, which didn't flip correctly.

Edit: Is the invulnerability tied to the stagger-animation or to a timer?

Edited by Megakruemel

I've only noticed it ones a year or so ago.

It was in the void during a mobile defense. We noticed a crewman who we just couldn't kill. Powers didn't slow/CC him at all, he was immune. We were having a good laugh and all and playing with him until we reached the grim realization that if he sets his eyes on the terminal, we have NO way of stopping him so we went full damage control mode and appointed a babysitter to keep his aggro and duel him the whole mission.

This was long before the starchart changes though so before the corruption mechanic.

What a coincidence this just happened to me somewhere like a week ago. Me and my friend(host) along with two other random people were farming on Io, Jupiter and during wave 10 the 2 random guys extracted while me and my friend continued along until wave 25 then something happened that kept us from finishing the wave... yep you guessed it! an invulnerable enemy that only the host can see, and i was like asking him where the enemy was and he kept on marking it but sadly nope neither of us can hurt it but it can hurt us with grenades but not normal rifle fire. So few mins went on and we tried everything we can to figure out how to kill it but sadly none worked. So yep we just aborted the mission :/ hope this gets fixed really... if I recall correctly I was playing ember, my friend was valkyr and the two other guys are a limbo and a frost

Edited by Darkfrezix

I encountered it in the 3 Nitain challenge, I was a client, it was a moa and it was visible to all players. I had a frost. I asked the host to alt F4 and the waves continued. I have it captured with shadowplay, if u want I can upload a youtube video. No F6 or logs unfortunately. 

I had it happen to me a few times on IO between wave 15-20 at least half a dozen times, sometimes solo but mostly when in a squad.  We use to use it to level up low MR clan members so we all had different warframes at the time, however Frost was usually a regular in the squad.   We'd always have the same issue of only one or two people being able to see an enemy, the others couldn't see him at all, the invisible man would be able to damage the Pod too so it made it kind of disheartening when you'd done nearly 20 waves with a new clan member and lost everything because you either had to abort or fail the mission.  I've not had the invisible man issue on any other node though....

I've had this happen quite a few times a while back (haven't had it recently). It occurred on Helene, Saturn and the wave could not be completed because a Hyena was just walking around not attacking or taking damage. I'll definitely see if it happens again though.

1 hour ago, [DE]Saske said:

Furthermore clients who can not see the enemy will still be able to hear it. If you manage to catch this issue it would be interesting if the source of the sound is in the same location as the host sees it.

Another report suggests that clients rejoining will make the enemy visible (but still invincible) for you. 

Well if that is what you are speaking of then that happened the day of the 3 nitain alert. I couldn't see the nullifier, though I could hear and everyone else can see it.

Edited by Dini