Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(!) Meta NPC Help Quest Activated: Invulnerable Enemy Bug

[DE]Rebecca

So this is what happened to me then. 05.11.2017

I was a host, after leaving the session(host migration happens) the enemy became vulnerable and the remaining players completed the mission.

At wave 10 one player leave. no host migration before bug

UPD: found ee.log created 28 jan 2017 - today   1,15mb

Edited by PROSETISEN

Could this bug somehow be related to sometimes being able to run around killing enemies in a mission as a client, but not being able to open doors or perform any context actions? While the host sees nothing but dying enemies and no glimpse of a teammate, because that has happened to myself and a few of my friends once or twice.

On topic, I have experienced this bug once before as a client. It was a Prosecutor on Ceres that became invulerable. But luckily the mission's completion didn't hinge on an enemy that we had no way of dispatching. Not sure what causes it, but I'll be sure to keep a lookout for a possible reason/trigger.

I do think it has something to do with client/host communcation, but I'm not sure how accurate that assumption might be.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Just now, Replacement said:

I've seen this 2-3 times.  Moas 100% of the time.

Yeah, i've only noticed this with Moas, and it's always happened during Defenses. Usually it's just the Generic MOA for me, too.

It's messed up that they can still shoot you and hurt you, but you can't do anything to them.

One thing of note that's interesting in my experience, they all looked like they had been stumbling continuously, but still remained capable of firing their weapon.

Well, there are all sorts of bug happening, whenever the host for some reason manages to drop below acceptable sim speed. Tabbing out and doing other stuff in the background appears to be a good trigger for bugs on the client side. If you want to replicate, just go forth and halt the host process via debugger occasionally for a short period.

Combine that with CC effects, door open events or any other action performed by any of the clients and you get a fun time. Mostly it will just cause the "stuck doors" bug / desync though, even though that is just as bad. Once the simulation is far enough out of sync, it breaks. In this case, it might be an issue with the enemy recycling system, which breaks during a desync.

It's not the same as lag / constant latency. Lag is annoying, and can also cause doors and alike to respond slower than they should, but they do respond eventually, within 2-3x the roundtrip time.

Edited by Ext3h

I had this bug happen to me 2 times in the  design council alert (the 3 nitain ones). The first time was a moa and the second time was an osprey. Both I could hear the sounds of the invulnerable enemy. In those missions I used Nidus, spamming my 2, 1 and 4. 

When it happened with the moa, I was able to kill it, only the host couldn't kill it and saw it following them, killing them. The host was able to make the moa jump to its "death", out of the map, but it teleported back to the defense pod.

The second time, the osprey, everyone was able to see it. but we didnt do any kind of damage. All bullets passed through it. Warframe abilities (like mesa's peacemaker) couldn't target the enemy. 

It happened to me once in Io, Jupiter, round 18, like 2 months ago. An invincible MOA appeared, everyone could see it and it could harm us, but we weren't doing any damage. We let the MOA kill us and after we respawned nothing happened, we tried every warframe ability and nothing happened. I was playing with friends from several different countries. I left the session and they could kill the MOA and continue on. Here are some videos (not mine), but what happened in these videos is very similar to what happened to us.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Note that in one of the videos the MOA shield bar was partialy consumed which means that at certain point it was damageable and then it became invincible.

Edited by (XB1)neoxal
Added more details and videos

I've had this happen when we were doing the Pluto defense farming for Animo beacons.

I even made a reddit thread about this, link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/69lb6q/rant_an_invincible_bursa_ruined_our_high_wave/

We had a Frost with syndicate augment mods for Ice Wave and Snow Globe, an EV trin, an Equinox and me, a Banshee. We were able to see the damage numbers, but the enemy didn't actually receive damage.

I also submitted a support ticket after we aborted the mission. I attached a screenshot and a short video proof, and also the EE.log. The support ticket was closed before this thread. Hope that helps!

I've only had it happen a few times and was quite a while ago, though will try to detail what I remember:

Instance 1:

- Corpus Tileset (same as Xini)

- Fissure Defense

- Invulnerable enemy was a Moa (could have been a corrupted one)

- I was not the host

Instance 2:

- Void Tileset

- Fissure Survival

- Invulnerable enemy was a Corrupted Butcher

- I was not the host

Edited by Sean

I had this happen on PC as Client at the end of the first wave of the 3 Nitain / Catalyst challenge Alert.  - Corpus Gas City (Jupiter) Tileset.  

-The invulnerable mob in our case was a Sapping Osprey.

-I was using Vazarin Focus and had only the instant revives + cooldown perks active   (Active Vazarin Focus Rank level 0 or "just unlocked".)

-There were quite a few people going into to bleedout throughout the wave including myself once or twice I believe.   Happening toward the end of the wave.  I'm not sure I had time during that first wave to use my vazarin focus or not, but I feel like I "did".

-Not sure if host was seeing damage numbers, but I, as a client definitely was not.  Although I can't remember if I saw just 0's or nothing at all.  I "think" it was nothing at all.

-I was using Hydroid, and we definitely had a Frost in the game when this happened (I'm not sure if Frost was Host or not).  I'm not certain of the other two frames.  I "think" one was Octavia.  I could be mistaken though!  :-(

My Loadout:

Spoiler

-Frame:  Hydroid -  Stretch + Cunning Drift for Range + Natural Talent + Flow and as much duration as possible to keep the rain coming down on those nullifier bubbles.  (Possibly the nullifier Drones too, I'm not sure how that works.  Tentacles also seem to make quick work of Nullifiers, but they "HATE" his #1... and I love that they hate it.  
     -Note: I noticed that Sapper Drones mines don't like rain either.

-Aura: Shield Disruption, and I'm pretty certain we had Physique and Energy Siphon.

-Primary - Rubico Primary (I was sniping Nullifier Drones to perma kill bubbles as much as possible).

-Secondary - Blastanas (Talons)

-Melee - Caustacyst  (Modded for Magnetic + Corrosive innately)

-Note:  I didn't use much besides my Rubico during the match.

I'm not sure what other people were using although I know someone commented that they had "Alot of Blast damage", as when the sapping osprey turned invulnerable, they shot it and said, "Yeah, it's definitely bugged, because I'm rocking an insane amount of "Blast" damage."

Theory: 

Spoiler

A lot of the time when I shoot at Nullifier Bubble Drones I've noticed that the bubble also shrinks due to other people / things hitting that same bubble.

I am wondering if Invulnerable mob could be inside the nullifier bubble when the drone dies.  OR perhaps killing the bubble and "bubble drone" at the exact same time is causing something strange to happen to other mobs that might be inside the bubble at the time?   

^^ -- It's a long shot I think, but maybe worth mentioning.

OR

Rain / Tentacles (or similar ability that would be active while a frame is bleeding out / dying) Active and tries to hit or kill something right as you die and have to use a revive?  I want to say that I did have to use one during this mission.  (I could be mistaking it for the succesful run we had afterwards though).

========

Thank you @[DE]Glen, @[DE]Saske & @[DE]Rebecca ! 

I'm sorry for the wall of text! -- Just wanted to include as much detail as possible!

I hope this helps!

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012
Added spoiler tags

It's been awhile since I last had this bug, but there is a couple of ideas I could throw out in the open:

Sentinels with RADiation procs somehow lingering ( if the sentinel dies?).

Enemy enters an invulnerability phase (for any reason; stun/ragdoll/etc.) and dies during that phase to a bleed proc or gas proc in such a timing that the game mixes up data between 'frame(rate) calculations' leaving the enemy in 2 states. Prevalent with extremely high burst damages outside LoS.

LongShot: Is it possible in any way that RIFT plane can bleed in even without Limbo?

Just some thoughts, hope it helps =/

(I'll try to test some when I'm back home later this week.)

happened to me, here is what i know:

You get an enemy that can't be killed and there's no obvious reason why; in most missions you wouldn't notice but in a Defense mission this prevents the wave from finishing and blocks progression

he gets no damage at all, also invunerable to ragdoll.

Often clients won't even see the enemy but we've heard that if host marks it with a waypoint clients will see the marker down below the floor (a screenshot or video footage of this would be helpful). We're also curious of the Codex Scanner reveals any clues about this apparition from the grave.

dont know if thats true, i had to point the floor instead cuz people wouldnt see if i marked the enemy himself, also i think other client saw it, but in a different place, cant confirm it tho.

We've also heard that the host will see damage numbers when shooting the enemy (again, confirmation of this would be helpful).

cant remmember that, but my mesa's peacemaker would target him, shoot, but no numbers pop up. not even 0s.

Salting the wound is the fact that this enemy is still active and can damage or even kill players!

he sure shot me, but not sure about clients.

2) We don't think tileset matters - it can happen anywhere - but we'd like to confirm this so let us know where you saw it.
3) We don't think faction matters - we've heard a lot about the Corpus but that could just be because of the Ambulas Reborn event.

outer terminus-pluto, during ambulas reborn event. wave 40, it was an elite crewman.

4) We think a certain loadout might matter (for example: Frost Snow Globe may be pushing enemies into the walls and causing this somehow); if you get it please note (or screenshot) the loadouts!

luckily i actually took a single screenshot:

qTWQj25.jpg

frost, mesa, mag and ember, you can see the tile here, were the cryopod was, and even see the immortal crewman..

5) We do not think Host Migration is responsible since we've seen this solo however if you do experience this bug it would be helpful to note if there had been a migration earlier.

there was no host migration before this bug... but the host was not the one that invited pre-mission, so i guess loading-screen host migration?, thats why in the screenshot above we thought the host was someone else, thats why you dont see the mag there.

also the screenshot was taken at 18:25 [UTC +1,Portugal], 05-07, just in case you can get something from logs or something. you can see all player names in the screeshot.

I play on PC

I only remember seeing it twice, both on IO, the defence on jupiter, while we were farming ambulas for ambulas reborn, always between wave 20 and 25, i don't pay attention if it happen other time

First time i was the host, the immortal enemy was an eximus detron crewman, mate can't see him but could hear him, i left and the immortal buddy disappear (it's what they told me)

Then second time (exactly the next game), i was not the host and once again, only the host can see the enemy, a detron crewman as he told us, we could still hear him, when the host waypoint him the point appear as a normal enemy marked, but the point was not moving at all even while the enemy was still running, when he get in a corner a punch him and there was blood flowing but still no damages on him and then the host left and we end the next wave, both time i was playing nidus can't remember the others warframe, sorry.

No host migration before the bug appear

(sorry for bad english, i'm french)

Edited by genokillerprime

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You get an enemy that can't be killed

If the host is Inaros, the "invulnerable enemy" can be damaged and killed with Devour.  It worked for my squad.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This problem is plaguing us like scarabs

Considering what I just shared about Inaros, it's amusing that OP made a coincidental reference to "scarabs".  :)

maybe as a temporary fix, and for future bugs, give it a timer (maybe 2 minutes) in the end of every wave(when there is only 5~enemies left), kinda like interception already has. so we dont get stuck in it.

Edited by JeyciKon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck3SkRohCdU

I saw this video earlier today, and it made me think that the bug might not be invincibility at all. It does not appear that the projectiles or melee attacks are making contact with the enemy, which, to me with my limited technical knowledge, hints that there could be some sort of collider issue(not sure if that's what it's called in this game engine).

Had this happen on the razorback invasion, frost froze him right after the animation for the battle start and he got permanently frozen + invincible to any attacks from the bursas, etc. Only fix was host leaving.

@[DE]Rebecca I think it's definitely corpus. I experienced this bug while farming on defense for the ambulas event, this is what I noticed:

A teammate went with a sparring type weapon (I don't recall which teammate, but they were all using prisma obex or hirudo) right into a nullifier bubble and slide attacked it. The kick was hilarius to me at that moment, it sended the nullifier flying to the skybox, then I saw the unit bugging out and dissapearing. Afterwards, we couldn't finish the wave so we started looking for the enemy. Then I heard the corpus voice somewhat around where the unit dissapeared, started shooting and seeing numbers ONLY for brief moments, with a delay in between, also no crits so I deducted it was an invisible nullie bubble. We kept shooting and casting powers, but nothing. The host got tired and abandoned, and that wave got restarted after the migration.

Also, I could land a waypoint in mid air when the "bubble was up", but just a regular waypoint.

My best bet is you should check the ragdolls interactions with terrain and, teleport zones? The thing that makes you get back to the latest solid floor when you fall/jump in! Frost snowglobe could also cause it I guess, but on that mission I had no frost.

Nothing else I noticed. I hope that info helps! And I hope my english was good enough!

3 minutes ago, El_Chino said:

I think it's definitely corpus

If that's true, then I have a little theory based on something I experienced a little while back.

It had to do with bursas and the hacking mechanic - allowing them to become your allies for a short period of time.
At one stage I had bursas hacked and were my allies indefinitely. It had something to with me dying after I had hacked them. The downside to this was that when I tried this in defence, the wave would never complete.
It almost feels like, the enemies that are next in line to be spawned, one of them is trying to replicate the bursa's "allied state" with the player.
However it fails to completely do it, resulting in an allied unit that considers players as enemies.

1 minute ago, Alcoholism said:

If that's true, then I have a little theory based on something I experienced a little while back.

It had to do with bursas and the hacking mechanic - allowing them to become your allies for a short period of time.
At one stage I had bursas hacked and were my allies indefinitely. It had something to with me dying after I had hacked them. The downside to this was that when I tried this in defence, the wave would never complete.
It almost feels like, the enemies that are next in line to be spawned, one of them is trying to replicate the bursa's "allied state" with the player.
However it fails to completely do it, resulting in an allied unit that considers players as enemies.

Haven't experienced that specific thing but, yeah. Corpus units seems to have more complex mechanics than the other factions, so... They should check those units.