Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(!) Meta NPC Help Quest Activated: Invulnerable Enemy Bug

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, [DE]Glen said:

2/2 repro now with Mag Pull + Blast Ignis Wraith -- we're getting close!

Why am I having this weird feeling you guys are sending the enemy "soul" beyond the boundries of the map while his body, now blessed with immortality, remains to itch :P

Back during the ambulas event, I did a few long runs (up to waves 45-55) of Outer terminus. Over 4 runs, I only encountered this bug during one session (the first two sessions I did, I did not encounter this bug, nor did I during the last session), but during the THIRD session we encountered this bug repeatedly and consistently. While it's not proof, this session took place in the "courtyard" defense tileset (there is a defense objective surrounded by two buildings, a natural cliff, and a landing dock for ambulas, and a few long, thin platforms supported by pillars around the objective), as opposed to the valley tileset or the interception tileset. The first occurrence happened at somewhere near wave 24, and began re-occurring every few waves, even going so far as to hang up TWICE on wave 32(we had to host migrate twice to even advance a single wave). It happened at least once for every player in the squad's turn as host, and I nor anyone else noticed discernable lag. For me, if the enemy was marked, the enemy's marker would appear in an otherwise normal location, except that would not be where the enemy was nor would the enemy appear to be there. After a few encounters with these immortal enemies, I would notice that you could shoot the enemy, but it would not take damage nor would damage numbers pop up. However, the host COULD damage the target, but upon reaching 0 health, the enemy would simply blink out of view and become an invisible turret(movement would stop, but enemy sounds and firing would persist). Powers did not affect the target visually, functionally, or damage-wise; as far as player attacks were concerned, the enemy did not exist. 

Again, the only time that I noticed something like this was on that specific tileset on that specific session. Hopefully this data helps, though on its own it's a pretty small sample size.

It is with a beaming smile and genuine joy I write that we have found the culprit. 

We will be deploying a fix for this ASAP that will solve this issue for all regular missions. We are hoping it solves it for the corruption cases as well in Fissure missions, but we will need to play more to confirm (and this is where you come in - if you see it in Fissure missions after 20.5.1 let us know here.). 

Thank you everyone who took the time to give details about their encounters and contribute theories. The culprit (in simple terms) was the way an enemy would enter Snowglobes (Eximus or friendly) or Nullifier Shields which prevent damage, but then that shield quickly being destroyed.

No idea if this helps but might as well share. Happened to my squad during the Jupiter Defense "Design Council Challenge" from a few days ago. A squad with a Frost (me), a Naramon Loki (lstalri, the Host and the victim) and 2 others.

During the last wave, around the time that The Seargent was supposed to show up, a Sapping Osprey sort of got desynced for us and it seems like we each fought it separately. 3 of us killed it, but it was invulnerable for the Host, and we spent several minutes trying to solve it somehow.

While invisible on my screen, The osprey kept firing sapping mines that appeared normally on everyone's screen at the same time, and all squad members could target them. It also kept moving around while the host chased it, and attempted destroying our core.

On my screen, my Sentinel kept trying to shoot a specific point near the core - presumably where I either killed the Osprey in my client, or where it originally desynced. The bullets went straight through and my Sentinel could not target the Host's version of the invulnerable osprey.

Eventually the Host abandoned the mission, we migrated to me as a new host and redid the final wave - successfully killing The Seargent at the end and getting our rewards (Except for lstalri, rip)

you will see this all the time when you get players on high speed connections and then someone in group on satellite internet connection, if I can get it screen shotted over next few days I will

OUR GROUP RUNS INTO THIS problem ATLEAST 2-3 times a week me being on satellite connection living in the middle of nowhere in newfoundland and the rest of the group on high speed, downloads not an issue its the upload speed from the satellite net causing issues, if you look at each case I bet you any more someone was on a satellite net or really slow connection...

from there I know this happens especially when I get big kills say on a manic or something else non one shottable before all the high speed players RESULTING IN the monster vanishing from my screen and I can no longer shoot or interact with it and its left on the host being Unkillable

YOU WILL NOTICE WITH SATELITE NET , ESPECIALLY TOWARDS THE END OF THE MONTH AND YOU ARE ALMOST OVER YOUR MONTHLY DOWNLOAD LIMIT THAT THIS HAPPENS MORE OFTEN

its a speed/connection issue where the low speed wins out on kills first forcing them to invulnerable mode

IF YOU NEED proof as de employee whisper me in game you know my in game name if not(deitric424) AND WE CAN EVEN SHARE OUR  teamspeak server login info to you if needed for communication

Happened couple of times

The thing i noticed is when the host suffered a lag spike or had a bad internet connection, that bug happened.. soooo probably a matter of de synchronization with the host and clients? probably.. i dont know .-. just throwing my theory out here

I am curious about this since it did cost me tons of prime loot.

Was running Helene on Saturn when an enemy went completely invisible and could not be damaged at all.

The team was able to locate the enemy by hearing him scream "tenno scoom" and we tryed to get him down by using the warframe abilitys which didnt even make the enemy putting out damage numbers. After about an hour trying to kill it to get our loot the host left and the group got dispandet.

Try going on Helene Saturn with a Rhino Prime, and Ember Prime, a Trinity Prime and a Limbo. Almost everytime we reached wave 40 an enemy disappeared like that. I also think its about certain tilesets having different chances of "spawning" such an enemy.

Ps: If you are about to fix stuff pls fix that my rank is shown as initiant while i am a silver dragon ingame.

Have a good one and thanks for caring!                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Sincerly, Paketmonster

Edited by Paketmonster

Sorry for the late feed back. I'm aware that u guys fixed it.

Firstly suspected its due to matchmaking.

19 hours ago, Deitric424 said:

you will see this all the time when you get players on high speed connections and then someone in group on satellite internet connection, if I can get it screen shotted over next few days I will

OUR GROUP RUNS INTO THIS problem ATLEAST 2-3 times a week me being on satellite connection living in the middle of nowhere in newfoundland and the rest of the group on high speed, downloads not an issue its the upload speed from the satellite net causing issues, if you look at each case I bet you any more someone was on a satellite net or really slow connection...

from there I know this happens especially when I get big kills say on a manic or something else non one shottable before all the high speed players RESULTING IN the monster vanishing from my screen and I can no longer shoot or interact with it and its left on the host being Unkillable

YOU WILL NOTICE WITH SATELITE NET , ESPECIALLY TOWARDS THE END OF THE MONTH AND YOU ARE ALMOST OVER YOUR MONTHLY DOWNLOAD LIMIT THAT THIS HAPPENS MORE OFTEN

its a speed/connection issue where the low speed wins out on kills first forcing them to invulnerable mode

IF YOU NEED proof as de employee whisper me in game you know my in game name if not(deitric424) AND WE CAN EVEN SHARE OUR  teamspeak server login info to you if needed for communication

First met this bug usually in Uranus, Defence or interception, mostly alert or during prime part farming. Happened frequently during starting from Ambulas Event.

Thank you.

Best Regards.

On 5/17/2017 at 4:32 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

It is with a beaming smile and genuine joy I write that we have found the culprit. 

We will be deploying a fix for this ASAP that will solve this issue for all regular missions. We are hoping it solves it for the corruption cases as well in Fissure missions, but we will need to play more to confirm (and this is where you come in - if you see it in Fissure missions after 20.5.1 let us know here.). 

Thank you everyone who took the time to give details about their encounters and contribute theories. The culprit (in simple terms) was the way an enemy would enter Snowglobes (Eximus or friendly) or Nullifier Shields which prevent damage, but then that shield quickly being destroyed.

Not sure when or if this fix hit consoles but if it did, it absolutely DID NOT fix the issue.  I'm going to say it happened at least 6 times to me over the weekend either in fissure missions or Ambulas missions, or both.  Happened twice in a row at one point.  

On PS4, I've encountered it twice. Once was a Fissure where our main CC was a Slow Nova, dont rember loadouts but it was a drone that particularly hated companions. It cleared after a host migration. More recent encountered it as the host in a Corpus Excavation with a Nova / Boar P / Aklex P / Nikana P. The Crewman was invisible to other team members. Target was vulnerable to MPrime from my Nova and did suffer the push from allied Frost Bubbles. Tossed him off a cliff and he just stayed down there. A second did also go invulnerable in the same round, this time a Sapper Osprey, forced host migration.

I've mostly seen this problem on my survival missions. I have been Limbo main lately, and I thought it was some sort of bug he developed. I would put the enemy in stasis and I would normally try slashing the mess out of them. For some reason, mostly been seeing it on grineer such as napalm, bombards, and heavy gunners, they take no damage no matter what I do, I look at the hp and which doesn't even go down. Despite the damage effects from other players some enemies just won't go away, and it's a nightmare when it is an eximus! Eventually the enemy does die somehow. I've mostly been to draco, ceres- titan, saturn- ani, void survival missions to be seeing this, however I am not the host of these missions. I thought it was only a glitch I alone was seeing and it was another Limbo rework problem. Glad to see it's not the case.

i have seen it a handful of times on IO jupiter while relic farming on public. i cant say to the others loadouts, but i know mine was usually Equinox, Boar Prime, Hikou Prime, Zenistar, Wyrm Prime, Sweeper Prime, Energy Siphon/Brief Respite. during the Ambulas event this bug occurred once for me, a clanmate, and two randoms on Outer Terminus node of Pluto(?); The frames of all participantswere two Octavias, a Slow Nova, and a Trinity. the Invincible enemy spawned at around wave 35-40 and required a forced host migration to resolve. From memory, i can recall a singular instance in Solo; the mission type was an Axi survival on a corpus ship tileset. my Loadout was Octavia, Boar Prime, Hikou Prime, Zenistar, Wyrm Prime, Sweeper Prime, and Growing Power. i wish i could be of more help, but i'm unaware of any method to pull logs on XBox version. After a moments though, i realised that it may have something to do with AoE style damage as all weapons/frames are modded for that style of gameplay. this was a bit of a ramble, but i hope it helped :)

Edited by (XB1)B1ueKarou
additional instances were added

Yes, happened to me 2 days ago while doing the Kuva Fortress Defense Sortie the first time around. There were no Frosts, or indeed any weapon designed to push enemies away being used. Yet at the penultimate stage, an enemy was stuck beneath the stairs and would not take any damage no matter what we did with it.

I had this a few times, especially on nullifiers.

I found that Warframe powers can sometimes reset them, especially ones that mess with their positions and such.

I use limbo a lot, and when I find an enemy like this, I just chuck him in or out of the rift and it's fixed... perhaps that helps? Maybe its a dimensional issue.

On 17.5.2017 at 10:32 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

if you see it in Fissure missions after 20.5.1 let us know here.).

XBOX ONE 25.5.2017

Encountered the bug two times in void-fissure ( Neo relics ) missions today. I have two clips recorded on my XBL profile if anyone wants to take a look into it -- seek for "maledicus GER" on XBL. One time i was the host and was able to see the invincible enemy, another time i was client and couldn't see him but hear him talking. It was Corpus both times.

Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen this a couple of times, most recently in the ambulus reborn event (was painfully to have to quit, losing 200+ animo beacons, but oh well)

The squad load out for that was slow nova, max range bastille Vauban, irradiating disarm loki and hysteria built valkyr. I was the loki and host.

I could see the enemy (a moa) no one else could, I was able to scan it and it showed as where I could see it. 

None of us could cause any damage (no damage numbers, like there was no hit box)

It was on outer terminus, Pluto.

I was using an acid shells sobek, vulkan blitz jat kittag and aksomati (with a riven, can't remember stats though)

Enemy appeared during wave 38 or 39

Another time I can remember finding it was same tilesets as xini eris (but was a corpus mission) again, it was a moa, and It may have been as far back as last year. But I think the whole squad could see it.

I think everytime I have encountered this problem, it has been a moa, and it is known to many members of my clan as the immortal chicken Walker. 

I think I have screen shots of it in the event, but not sure these would show anything extra.

Not sure if it helps but to me and friends this glitch happened at least a month before the Ambulas Reborn event. The mission was a Spy on a Corpus Sortie and we failled to go undetected in the vaults so the mission turned into an Exterminate (as it normally does). Somewhere near extraction on the Corpus Outpost tileset, we noticed the last enemy was an Anti-Moa that couldn't be damaged. I think one of my pals was using Nyx...but I am not certain.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2017 at 8:32 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Just a heads up. Just finished a mission and this bug is still alive - It was a corpus fissure mission.

I have videographic evidence, and preserved the EE.log if it is needed.

• 1 month later...

Did solo Fisure runs all day yesterday. encountered this bug many times (Didn't do a count, but I estimate @10-15 times.

Mostly in Corpus tilesets.

I believe the answer may be in the spawns with large numbers of mobs in tight areas. They collide with each other and "push" themselves through the walls, or up into a low ceiling. You may be able to test this easier with a Dev client and creating a mega-spawn in a tight corridor. May also be linked to spawns too high up. I'm not absolute on this, but I think the spawns that had this issue were "dropping" the mobs from 2-3 meters above the floor. Definitely seen mobs dropping to the floor.

I do not think player/mob abilities are linked to the issue. I believe they are simply a side effect. Nullifier Bubbles and Frost Bubble simple increasing the possibility of collision. Ran with Saryn and if I used Molt and cast Spores on it I was easily able to kill off the enemy in the walls/ceilings (never saw one in the floor). The damage numbers from Spores let me locate the mob quickly.

Forgot about trying to scan it. Sorry Rebecca :blush: