Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(!) Meta NPC Help Quest Activated: Invulnerable Enemy Bug

[DE]Rebecca

Iv had this happen countless times in Helene/Hydron, typically always a Hyekka.

Its normally just walking around utterly invulnerable with very rare small gaps were it can be damaged (and killed) that last like half a second at most. All the players are able to see as the host can from what iv seen.
Typical fix is to just leave the mission or be lucky when it unbugs.

Ill keep OBS open when im playing later to see it

I saw it on Io, Jupiter I think. It was on the Design Council challenge. It was a Sapping Osprey. Allies could not even SEE the Osprey, and I got NO damage markers or any indication that I was actually hitting it. When I waypointed it, allies did NOT see a waypoint anywhere on the map. It was on wave 8. (meaning 2 left after killing the Osprey) There were no Migrations earlier in the game.

Oddly, the invulnerable Osprey was at a little less than half Health before I noticed it was invulnerable. Its shields were at full, however.

Edited by SuikoTenshi

Saw one the Outer terminus, a Detron crewman. Someone said their operator was doing 5 damage to it, nobody else could do anything to it though, so its shields recharged before it could be killed every time. I think they were the host.

Edited by (PS4)GexGehko

One easy solution for defense is to make the mission an actual defense instead of an exterminate. While it is off topic, changing defense to time based objective eliminates any stalling enemies  and speeds up the mission for higher waves  so it would be comparable to survival in terms of rewards/minute.

Also, im not sure if this relates, but instagibing bosses with a Tigris tends to leave behind phantom bosses on the client side. The easily to replicate Phantom bosses being: vor, Tyl regor, rhuk, sometimes Lephantis-though we were only able to do this with the volt multishot bug for lephantis which was a while back. Having high latency seems to be an easy way to reproduce. Tyl regor is the most recent one I could do this with and should be easiest to replicate. -when farming, I always had to wait for host to kill him.

This leads me to believe: high pellet count over poor latency can cause issues. I don't believe I can replicate them because the volt exploit was fixed... wink wink.

I've experienced this issue twice in the last couple months while playing in Tissure Defence missions. We had to abort the mission because of the one invulnerable enemy prevented the game to continue for both of the times. For the one time, we couldn't see the enemy besides the host, the other time (i didn't ask other group members about this) but i could see the invulnerable enemy while i'm not the host. Sorry about that i don't have any hard evidence such as screenshots for what i've encountered with, it was long time ago and i thought it was just a glitch or a unique host migration problem from the specific host connection.

Hope this would help a bit in order to fix this issue in the further future.

Regards another fellow Tenno

Also happened to me few times, just a guess:
Times where it occurred to me it was related to ospreys, that were spawned by techs that got killed (not sure with abilities or not), seemingly during network spikes. Only the host could see it, the others saw only some weird effects in a static location, while the osprey was moving around, we were unable to damage it though, host migration did fix it.

Happened to us during defence on Pluto, around end of wave 20. There were 2 of us. Invincible moa spawned, but then I (client) was able to kill it with Operator's Void Beam while moa stayed alive for host and he wasn't able to kill it with anything (abilities, weapons, operator, spectres). 

I was able to hear his moa sounds, if it matters, but wasn't able to see numbers of damage and for me projectiles passed through the empty space while for host they hit the target.

It happened to me also in Outer terminus (Pluto) Corpus Factor Defense while Ambulas Reborn was active.

In wave 17 or so a MOA appeared to have this bug ,i had a Frost so the globe thing may be a possibility.We where 4 man squad and I only could see it and it could only deal damage to me , we also couldn't damage it with abilities  and no numbers where appeared when i was shooting it(The bullets where passing staight through it like it wasn't there)  .I didnt remember if i was hosting or not . In our squad we where 2 Excalibur and a Nova and a Frost (me). I tried to waypoint it and to scanner it but neither worked,my teammates still couldn't see it.We didnt try the alt+f4 way so i cant comment on that.Anyway the game couldn't progress so we had to abort.

I hope you found my comment helpfull ! ! !

I've had this happen to me twice, both times in a fissure defense on Pluto. This was before the Ambulas event. First time was an Ancient Healer, the second time a Fusion MOA. Both times the enemy was immune to weapon damage and warframe abilities.

Something of note about the Ancient Healer though. That run I had Pupper, my Sahasa Kubrow with me. While he could deal no damage, he COULD grapple it with his Ferocity ability. 

I RECORDED IT! Found it in my Recycle bin!

Date was March 31st. It seems that the offending creature, a caustic eximus Ancient Healer, spawned on wave 15, and the mission continued to wave 16. I remember it having damage when we noticed it, but that damage gradually healed up. Note how it is not slowed from being inside the snow globe, which slows even ability immune enemies like the Stalker.

EDIT: Uploading video now. will post a link once the process is complete. I meant to send the video sooner in a support ticket, but the file size was too large so I gave up.

Edited by CrazyYanmega

I had this happen quite often on void missions with Hydroid, back in the day when pilfering swarm was still 180%(ish) increased drops.

From what I remember, I used tentacle swarm quite a lot, and sometimes the puddle. Enemies would quite often get stuck underground. An easy fix used to be to just tidal wave over the spot and he would be thrown out of the ground. That stopped working at some point, and then I just had a Vauban stick some magic marbles on the soles of my feet and walked around that spot for a bit untill the enemies died. I am not sure if this is related to the "invisible bug"

I had this bug happen once during the ambulas event, when I was a client and a Frost was the host. The host marked the enemy, and for me, the marker was somewhere underground, on the place my minimap showed the enemy marker. This time we did not have a hydroid or vauban in the squad, so I don't know if my old fixes would work. I do know that a high punchtrough weapon to shoot trough the ground did not help (probably because officially, he was not underground). However, the enemy did not damage us either.

I've had this happen three times, 2x Corrupted Heavy Gunners and 1x Fusion Moa, not too recently. (The Fusion Moa was recent though, during a defense while the Ambulas event was going on).

First one was a month or so ago, during an exterminate fissure as a host, a player joined mid-mission and was able to kill the Gunner, no one else could see or be damaged by the gunner.

Second was during an Excavation, a Corrupted Heavy Gunner spawned in, and remained invulnerable well past the initial invulnerability phase, eventually just ignored the gunner.

Third was during a Defense on Pluto. My friend was hosting, and a Fusion MOA was invincible and invisible, but I could hear it from where the host said it was. Note: Your sentinel will also 'look' and shoot at the invisible/invincible enemy.

Here it is.

Things of note: Both the Volt Prime specter and the Sahasa Kubrow target and attack the invincible Ancient. Above the cryopod is a dead Shade sentinel. One member of the squad already left, but I do not think it was the host.

So i had this happaned twice, First time i was host and only i could saw the enemy.

The second time i wasnt the host but all people saw the enemy but couldnt hurt IT.

The first time was right After the Release of the endless fissure missions and IT was in the void.

The second time IT was a grineer Mission and I think IT happens before a week or two.

These where the two times where IT happened to me, but IT happened to some of my clanmates too.

Good luck finding the reason for the Bug and I hope i helped you.

2 hours ago, CrazyYanmega said:

EDIT: Uploading video now. will post a link once the process is complete. I meant to send the video sooner in a support ticket, but the file size was too large so I gave up.

If you have the full mission recorded I'd appreciate seeing it all if you don't mind -- post it privately and DM me the link if you prefer.

Thank you very much to everyone helping out in the thread here (and on stream yesterday)! The video footage has been really great because it's allowed us to rule out some possibilities.

If you're like me and you stream/record all your gameplay would be super helpful to get the full mission from lobby to immortality set aside -- we need to see more than the result, we need to see as much as possible leading up to the bug to look for clues.

I have about a dozen EE.logs that I'll be going over with a fine-toothed comb shortly -- maybe depending on what I turn up I might stream some more tests. I think at this point the best thing would be for me to catch it in the act myself so that I can pop the hood and see what's going on inside.

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

-snip-

Ok........i think i will do the best as i can if there have some bug i will send it AYE SIR! Oh wait a min its been 2 year i havent seen one O____O bug

Edited by [DE]Saske

It happened to my squad 2 days ago in a defense with a Corrupted Fusion MOA. I was hosting and I was the only one that could see the enemy alive, but other player found it dead near by. It could hurt me and the capsule, but not my teammates. No one was able to do anything to the enemy. We tried to migrate the host, but the enemy just disappeared and the wave didn't ended, so we tried again, and yet didn't work. 

We just waited for a few minutes and then the game fixed itself and we continued with the mission

There was a Vauban, Nyx, Frost and Trinity. I'm going to send the screenshot and the log to support

Happened on Pluto's tileset (I think it was an exter alert, and I was in friends-only empty squad). I was using atterax / akstilletto prime / tigris prime / ember prime with an helios prime and no sentinel weapons.

Note that this happened BEFORE ambulas reborn.

The enemy was a tech crewmen, with 1/3 of his HP, and being invincible. When I shot him, he didn't take any damage (no numbers), and he was like a ghost (the ember's ulti didn't target him), but he was still able to kill me. ground slam wasn't affecting him BTW.

Only contribution I can make is to say that I have seen this only once ever, and it was quite some time ago. I do a lot of defence missions of all stripes and I play either alone or with friends where I'm usually the host. So, I can give details as to my setup in order to -not- get it, but that is probably not so helpful :p

I encountered this bug pretty much exclusively in farming sessions with Hydroid and Nekros, the latter randomly summoning shadows, one of which ended up with a healthbar that didn't decay. I always thought it had to do with Hydroid's tentacles putting certain enemies in a ragdoll state, which messed with the game's ability to find its health value when it is killed. /shrug

Encounted in eris defense mission akkad about a year ago. 

I was host, it was invisible to all clients, for me it was runner stuck in textures, tried to kill it with aoe skills, ogris and penta. 

When I marked it, clients saw it location differently, for them it was stuck under the level. They both tried to shoot where they saw it and where I saw it, to no avail.

After I left the enemy didnt disappear. It spawned somewhere near defense pod and my teammates were able to kill that charger and proceed the mission.

14 hours ago, SuikoTenshi said:

I saw it on Io, Jupiter I think. It was on the Design Council challenge. It was a Sapping Osprey. Allies could not even SEE the Osprey, and I got NO damage markers or any indication that I was actually hitting it. When I waypointed it, allies did NOT see a waypoint anywhere on the map. It was on wave 8. (meaning 2 left after killing the Osprey) There were no Migrations earlier in the game.

Oddly, the invulnerable Osprey was at a little less than half Health before I noticed it was invulnerable. Its shields were at full, however.

I experienced it in the last Design Council Challenge as well. Was I believe in wave 7 and was a Moa. I was host so I was the only one in party that could see it. It too only had half health but was somehow immortal.

This sounds like a really terrible bug, but also gives a thought to a new mission type: Invulnerable enemies, and you have to run away! Like those Suspicious Shipment alerts, only less killing, more running. (but not necessarily high leveled, one-shotting enemies) An old school Sabotage mission could work if the amount of enemies in the tiles is boosted. Might make for a nice diversion Alert after the bug(s) are caught, for a remembrance! Good luck in tracking them down, everyone~ :3