Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Be honest, Amprex or Synapse?

Jaclearsup

Hm. Neither.  Atomos with ruinous extension.  It's not a crit weapon but as far as chaining goes, I like it way better then amprex

crit though. Amprex. 

I personally use the kohm. Not really a crit weapon but with a good crit riven. It crits a lot ,combine with the shotgun crit fire rate arcane. Awesome.

Edited by (PS4)selfproclaimed

I have both with crit chance Rivens, and overall even with permanent redcrits on the Synapse, the Amprex is something I use more.

I do take the Synapse out for a spin on some Sortie Assassinates and occasional Kuva Floods, but just due to the sheer number of enemies that usually appear in mission, I find some kind of AreaEffect/Chain hit gun to be of greater use.

The Amprex has always been one of my favourite guns though, so that's with a little bias. I'm hoping it gets a new variant soon(ish).

44 minutes ago, (PS4)selfproclaimed said:

Haha no. Actually. I had a friend use it all the time. And I never use either Tigris. I just assumed it was a crit weapon because of its popularity

No, it just does insane burst damage and you can get it to 100% status. Those slash procs just cut through anything pretty quick

hardly a contest, Amprex has insane DPS and can better affect groups. it's an even better example than the Soma Prime of how a weapon with low damage but high crits can be incredibly viable. my only complaint is that it burns through ammo quickly, but it's nothing that Rifle Ammo Mutation or Carrier Prime can't fix.

Dread is nice for when you want something with a  bit more range, an Amprex is only good at shotgun distances (ironically), while the Dread can hit anyting if you aim it right. it's better for stealth too as it's quiet.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

No, it just does insane burst damage and you can get it to 100% status. Those slash procs just cut through anything pretty quick

100% Status corrosive build is the way to go. there's almost nothing my Tigris Prime cannot kill with both barrels, and anything that does survive doesn't exactly get off scot free! even before the Simulor Nerf, I took my Boomstick to the Sorties to get the job done!

Amprex the og no aim gun in wf before simulor and stuff came. Amprex+Sisnister Reach+Shred or anything that can provide punchthrough easily shreds through mobs due to lighting chain effect. Tho synapse is pretty good, but when it comes to pure cheese Amprex is better.

Do remember to equip ammo mutation + carrrier ammo case regardless when using any of them as they both burn ammo real quick.

5 minutes ago, SharkPot said:

Amprex the og no aim gun in wf before simulor and stuff came. Amprex+Sisnister Reach+Shred or anything that can provide punchthrough easily shreds through mobs due to lighting chain effect. Tho synapse is pretty good, but when it comes to pure cheese Amprex is better.

Do remember to equip ammo mutation + carrrier ammo case regardless when using any of them as they both burn ammo real quick.

No aim? Dude if you aren't aiming with it you are missing out on damage. You have to go for those headshots for the crits.

No wonder you need the ammo mutation mods.

Edited by SilvaDreams

Neither for me. Maxed both and left them alone, like most cheese weapons.

Though I have a Synapse riven for ages that is both crit stats and ammo bonuses which might make it decent when maxed, but have no interest in ever using the weapon.

Amprex has really been revived by rivens. Used to be it was just a bit underpowered in sortie due to how quickly it lost ammo, even if you aimed. Still good, but a tad underpowered. With rivens, I can bring it to sortie 3 and not feel like its going to blow through ammo. 

Synapse is good, but I don't think its better enough to be worth being only single target. Plus its infested and I think it looks ugly as sin. 

I still want an Amprex variant at some point. I have been dreaming of an Amprex Vandal for literally years now... I wouldn't even mind a marginal upgrade like Supra Vandal where it is mostly a few not directly combat related stats being upgraded. An Amprex with more max ammo capacity, bigger magazine sizes, faster reload, maybe just a teensy bit more range. Just utility stuff mostly. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)selfproclaimed said:

Haha no. Actually. I had a friend use it all the time. And I never use either Tigris. I just assumed it was a crit weapon because of its popularity

2djw1t0.jpg

I have a special place in my heart for synapse, back in the old days it was THE thing to get to shoot through volt shields.

I don't feel the same about amprex.

Then again, i always put punch through on all my weapons so the aoe advantage of amprex isnt as valuable to me.