Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Deity Helm

Good News! I now have a texture artist on board for V14 so it looks like we've finally hit paydirt. The working title for the helm has being deity, but with its current iteration, Im thinking Majesty.

Update:Ver14 complete and ready for tennogen 10

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=955734762

V14 mat types included

V13.1.1 Color channel mapping

V13.1.1

V12.5.4.3C

V12.5.3

V12.4 Details in! and details redone!

v12.3! Its undergoing detailing and color picking now

Updated sculpt, more streamlined to fit Warframes style, as per feedback from FrellingHazmot

Update #2! Fresh Sculpt, breaking the halo and nestling the style between vanilla and destrier

Modified from 10.1.0, I give you 10.1.5 <short> I'll do a full turnaround once I get up tomorrow

unknown.png

I would love to get with someone who's done this whole tennogen thing before who can run me through texturing as that is my major weakness. I have already baked out the normals to a much lower poly mesh, but unwrapping the UV's to improve that currently is waiting for me to figure out how to get that going

retopolgy done, taking it back into Zbrush to get them deets back in

Low Poly remesh done, color channels assigned, fresh sculpt completed and HERE WE GO

Im soon to be doing the UV unwrap, that might take some time, I've never unwrapped a head before. calling tennogen texture artists!

Edited by The_Grimmrock
deity complete

The skull shape is pretty good. Keep working on the shape language in the back more.  Play around with the height on those horns, they look too symmetrical. Overall it's looking too thick. If you use the pinch brush with a large brush width/ low intensity setting you'll get better tapering results on those horns, they look kind of stumpy atm. Keep it up!

9 hours ago, Fox7000 said:

It looks really good but will it fit oberon?

Ive heard time and time again of Oberon being called the Goatboy, this plays on that idea, but puts it more on the vengeful warrior side, I tried to mirror the emotion behind the destrier helmet and combine some antler visuals with the ram horns, eventually settling on the halo after seeing some Oberon prime concepts, this helm was designed with freyarch in mind, but I imagine I could smooth out some areas, pull back some detail and have it match very well with his base skins, and with that leak of oberon primes body, I think it would match fairly well there too, currently making some modifications due to feedback from FrellingHazmot.

Well, I have some further adjustments to address, considering breaking up the halo into a pair of horns, thought this will likely cause me to completely re-sculpt. most of the front and sides will be similar but no promises on the back. 

When that's completed I still have to find a texture artist in tennogen willing to work with me. at that point Ill be able to put out a color version

If I can find a texture artist in the next week or two, you could expect a finalized version around mid June

58 minutes ago, The_Grimmrock said:

Well, I have some further adjustments to address, considering breaking up the halo into a pair of horns, thought this will likely cause me to completely re-sculpt. most of the front and sides will be similar but no promises on the back. 

When that's completed I still have to find a texture artist in tennogen willing to work with me. at that point Ill be able to put out a color version

If I can find a texture artist in the next week or two, you could expect a finalized version around mid June

Can we get a little braid on the back? :3 and a gem in front? Gem with emissive *O*

I can't judge without colours/materials though. Also, PLEASE consider the colour channels when used with the deluxe skin. Overall, the helm caused a tingling somewhere ;)

7 hours ago, The_Grimmrock said:

Idk man I like the conjoined horns, it's totally unique and it looks great the way you did it. If you must separate them, perhaps consider having them overlap in a way that still looks like a full circle.

On 5/17/2017 at 1:41 AM, The_Grimmrock said:

Hey all, Tennogen Aspirant Here. I don't know how this usually works, but I go to school for game art and design, and while I focus on design aspects of game building, from level, player interaction, tactical interaction and so on, the art side of my education has left me with a particular set of skills, a set of skill Id like to use on my favorite, if not poorly revised <My Opinion> Warframe : Oberon

Updated sculpt, more streamlined to fit Warframes style, as per feedback from FrellingHazmot

I would love to get with someone who's done this whole tennogen thing before who can run me through texturing as that is my major weakness. I have already baked out the normals to a much lower poly mesh, but unwrapping the UV's to improve that currently is waiting for me to figure out how to get that going

Probably the best Oberon helmet in the game, and its not even done, or in the game. I like the joined horns as well. Seems much more interesting than another helmet with random antlers sticking off.