The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ferrox slower / weaker and longer reload than euphona prime

SoulEaterReaper

Question

ferrox i thought it was a very cool weapon and powerfull but then quickly realised its the same as euphona prime and weaker aswell, that was really dissapointing.

about 13k dmg average per shot on ferrox vs euphona always sits 21k to 25k on kills, when ferrox gets the bladed round buff it doesn't feel that much more powerfull than regular ferrox.

might goto the training fields to confirm this but im pretty sure if someone uses these two they already know euphona is stronger on average, thats just sad against a primary that is using a charge trigger.

so yeah, forma'ing this thing 4 or 5 times as a primary i was hoping for it to be more powerfull than euphona prime, sadly it wasn't on average, with bladed rounds it is slightly.

Yes i know im not using heavy caliber as heavy caliber just DOES NOT WORK ON THIS WEAPON, it will Shot 90 degree to the left and right and up and down, you literally cant hit ANYTHING at all, ferrox is the first weapon i've used where i could not use heavy caliber, bows and the like can easily, but ferrox? just seems bugged, you cant hit anything unless you are in the enemy's face.

edit:

alot of you agreed to a pistol dealing more damage than a singleshot charge primary right now, who's out of their mind again? all the bs talk just to make up some random chat?

its not supposed to be like that and you all know it, DE should do something about it and up the ferrox as its a charge weapon, its a singleshooter charge, i would pick soma prime over this

74056bf7335546e4b847ca9d5965b5ec.png18fecb9a68fa42d699c7a33c65cbe311.png

I think OP is trolling and trying to get attentions like a typical internet troll.

This topic is already pointless from the start also mention about status even know it's has nothing to do with any augument.

Just stop, contract moderator to lock this before it's gone way too far.

Just now, SoulEaterReaper said:

use common sense instead of the same old excuse where "warframe weapons doesn't make much sense" so this pistol can just be more powerfull than a charge primary.

beh you guys need to change view and support change, not posting bs.

When was the last time u hear a bow being better then a pistol IRL? yes bow can be better in a few ways. But unlike guns they are better in more aspects then the bow.

Here is a solution for u yeah? DE given u a tool box. since u the guy showing us meta. u ur *intelligence* to use ur mods to solve ur problem. Cant? use riven mods. still cant? just dont bother with it then.

3 minutes ago, -PlutoBubble- said:

When was the last time u hear a bow being better then a pistol IRL? yes bow can be better in a few ways. But unlike guns they are better in more aspects then the bow.

Here is a solution for u yeah? DE given u a tool box. since u the guy showing us meta. u ur *intelligence* to use ur mods to solve ur problem. Cant? use riven mods. still cant? just dont bother with it then.

so everytime someone asks for a weapon to go by regular logic, you're gonna say "but this is warframe, we use warframe logic, we dont care about your opinion, weapons will stay the way they are, your post is pointless cuz nothing will change annyway, hah you dont know how DE Works? even a knife can be more powerfull than a primary here.

why is 80% of the replies like that? i still think DE might buff the ferrox or hope so as its a one shooter charge weapon, heavy caliber also makes it utterly useless so you cant even use that mod if you want to hit something.

it should atleast be more powerfull than euphona as they are pretty similar besides euphona not having to charge.

Edited by SoulEaterReaper

Just now, SoulEaterReaper said:

so everytime someone asks for a weapon to go by regular logic, you're gonna say "but this is warframe, we use warframe logic, we dont care about your opinion, weapons will stay the way they are, your post is pointless cuz nothing will change annyway, hah you dont know how DE Works? even a knife can be more powerfull than a primary here.

why is 80% of the replies like that? i still think DE might buff the ferrox or hope so as its a one shooter charge weapon, heavy caliber also makes it utterly useless so you cant even use that mod if you want to hit something.

it should atleast be more powerfull than euphona as they are similar besides euphona having higher dps.

Ur asking for a spear gun to make more sense. this post is gain the attention of DE in hopes of having it alter. However  i doubt they will if they change 1 weapon the player base will just explode requestion everything to make ore sense/logic. Anywas as said u have ur problems with the spear gun and if u simply wan it to be better then the pistol jsut get a riven for it.

25 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

my video has nothing to do with ferrox against euphona prime and that was the reason he has to dissagree with my main post?

You were using it as reference to 'status effects' when all you're doing is spamming a warframe ability and using the tonkor..... it showed your lack of understanding of the game mechanics.    You first say you'd be using 4x corrosive projection in a team then show a video showing you spamming saryn's 4 which is primarily corrosive with additional damage to viral/toxin affected targets....but you're not using status so does that mean you're basically just spamming saryn's 1 to get the viral processes instead....didn't look like it in the video.

You say about my 'intelligence' yet all you seem to do is come back with is insults and an approach to replies that just makes you come across like a troll...  Now if you'd done a more educated approach to the argument and included numerical statistics to show that the status is not worth using then we might have taken you more seriously but sadly you didn't and so you've created a thread like this.

Just now, LSG501 said:

You were using it as reference to 'status effects' when all you're doing is spamming a warframe ability and using the tonkor..... it showed your lack of understanding of the game mechanics.    You first say you'd be using 4x corrosive projection in a team then show a video showing you spamming saryn's 4 which is primarily corrosive with additional damage to viral/toxin affected targets....but you're not using status so does that mean you're basically just spamming saryn's 1 to get the viral processes instead....didn't look like it in the video.

You say about my 'intelligence' yet all you seem to do is come back with is insults and an approach to replies that just makes you come across like a troll...  Now if you'd done a more educated approach to the argument and included numerical statistics to show that the status is not worth using then we might have taken you more seriously but sadly you didn't and so you've created a thread like this.

corrosive is useless fire is useless electricity doesn't work as supposed aka useless, gas is useless, blast is useless, viral is useless against enemies with millions of hp cause it doesn't work there.

atleast i am naming the status effects as i've done twice now, and nobody has said what status that is so usefull, if electricity status actually worked for higher level i would been all over it, but it doesn't.

slowdown statuses are great but not for higher levels and weapons that are just 1 shot, if you want status you can use ignis or another weapon that can deal status to other enemies alot quicker, its not something a 1 shot charge weapon should be doing.

13 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

telling that to me who's ran several defence wave 100 missions with mostly viral damage on my weps.

I did.
You are wrong saying it doesn't work. It clearly does work. But 50% of 2 billion HP is still 1 billion HP. But the proc does what it's supposed to do. So you are wrong.

Yep... no point going further.... if the OP doesn't understand how status works then we might as well just leave him to his own devices.... he isn't going to listen.

I also find it funny that the OP states that blast is useless yet that's the primary damage from the tonkor he was using in the video....yeah that blast aoe and knockdown don't help in the slightest....

And seriously... you're implying we don't know about status because we're not naming them all in posts.... we don't need to.... but if you want here's a list:

heat, cold, toxin and  electricity which can combine into

blast, gas, viral, corrosive, magnetic and radiation...

You also have slash, puncture and impact fall under status too.

Edited by LSG501

@SoulEaterReaper Euphona indeed is, at least when it comes to raw damage, stronger than Ferrox. Although that's something you could have found out just by looking at their DPS - Euphona has 81k, while Ferrox has 51k. There is no reason to act disappointed when you don't check simple facts before you start putting forma on. Of course, Ferrox also has some advantages: it's hitscan, which makes hitting far away targets much easier; and it has punch-through. It also has some status, so with the right setup/Riven you can get Viral procs reasonably often and effectively double your damage. It is also worth mentioning that Euphona is an MR14 Prime weapon, while Ferrox is an MR7 non-Vandal weapon - so some discrepancy in power should be expected.

I must say, just by the way, that your builds are not the greatest. For Ferrox, you should be using Vile Acceleration instead of a 3rd elemental, and there is no advantage to using Bladed Rounds instead of a P Bane mod unless you are in a Void mission. I would also go with Malignant Force instead of Infected Clip. For Euphona, for some reason you didn't include Lethal Torrent, which is the second biggest DPS gain for any secondary after Hornet Strike. Going with 4x90 elemental is also very unfortunate. There is no point using Corrosive and Blast on weapon with no status chance. You should be using P Heated+Convulsion (in case of normal missions), 90+90 Viral (against 4xCP Grineer), or 90+90 Corr (against Infested or Void) and then either Hydraulic Crosshairs or Expel mod for max DPS.

Lastly, if you are looking for a max DPS weapon for endless missions, you should probably be looking into getting a Riven for either of these, and I am a bit surprised you don't have one yet.

Edited by Cabesi

18 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Yep... no point going further.... if the OP doesn't understand how status works then we might as well just leave him to his own devices.... he isn't going to listen.

I also find it funny that the OP states that blast is useless yet that's the primary damage from the tonkor he was using in the video....yeah that blast aoe and knockdown don't help in the slightest....

And seriously... you're implying we don't know about status because we're not naming them all in posts.... we don't need to.... but if you want here's a list:

heat, cold, toxin and  electricity which can combine into

blast, gas, viral, corrosive, magnetic and radiation...

You also have slash, puncture and impact fall under status too.

so there is radiation that i forgot to mention, wanna tell me which status that you're tlaking about that is sooo good? or are you just gonna ignore that and continue your silly flaming? =)

radiation is like nyx, i guess viral/blast/corrosive is more or less the most common status's these days, 

even tho, they dont really work well in 4cp and viral takes 8 seconds to work aaand who's gonna sit and watch enemies run around meanwhile health is going down, specially on this "one shot" "charge" "ferrox" which we're talking about here.

electricity is a more or less direct damage but its bad cause it doesn't work like its supposed to, a certain % of your total dmg? thats pure bs in all the games i've done, was really dissapointed when trying it out and seeinng it do more or less no damage to a level 200-300+

usefull in level 10-30 if you ask me.

and then there is, meh, all you need is the highest damage weapons in the game to complete a defence wave 100+ and fight enemies with millions of hp, viral doesn't work there and you really need to kill your enemy in 1-2 shots, not shot them and waste time for status to do nothing at all. 

blast is good cause it slows down directly in case enemy is close to you, but thats about it, viral doesn't spread like spores so its Meh.

Burn doesn't scale with higher level and only deals a certain amount of damage regardless as DE already said unless they changed it.

so i dont know what you're talking about but status is not gonna do none against a level 2500 enemy as viral doesn't work there, we have 4CP so armor cant be reduced more, electricity deals close to 0% to enemy next by. all you need is blast and viral on your weapons or radiation.

so yeah, not really something you want on a high dps one shot weapon like ferrox, see who's the troll now? its only you cause you dont know much about status and here you sit implying you do, i asked you to say what combo you think is good against high level enemies and on ferrox to justify its "higher status" than euphona prime.

yet you just "blablabla and flaming towards me" not my fault you act like you know something about this game when you clearly dont.

and regardless for higher level enemies you have to build your weapons after "enemy type" you cant even focus on status, you just have to make the weapon damage that deals the most damage against that faction. busted again.

Edited by SoulEaterReaper

In a game where a Duplex-Mode shotgun obviously based on technology older than anything in the current universe timeline can shoot faster, stronger, further and more accurately than a dedicated weapon class to such statistics (Just in case you are wondering, yes I'm talking about Sancti/Tigris/Prime vs Every/Damn/Sniper), why are you even bothering to try and compare 2 weapons in two different loadout slots with two different mechanics with different fire modes and different stat distribution? You might as well compare the Embolist to the Opticor with such illogical attempts to draw parallels. 

4 hours ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

even tho, they dont really work well in 4cp and viral takes 8 seconds to work aaand who's gonna sit and watch enemies run around meanwhile health is going down, specially on this "one shot" "charge" "ferrox" which we're talking about here.

so i dont know what you're talking about but status is not gonna do none against a level 2500 enemy as viral doesn't work there, we have 4CP so armor cant be reduced more, electricity deals close to 0% to enemy next by. all you need is blast and viral on your weapons or radiation.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Viral_Damage

LMGTFY.

Hey All,

I am going to go ahead and lock this topic now, it appears that any worthwhile discussion that will take place already has. Additionally, it appears that some comments made by the OP and respondents were less than kind and that is also a no-go.

Thanks everyone,

[DE]Aidan