Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UI customization.

ZetraThorn

Right now mission UI is fixed you can't rearrange positions of UI elements. I'd love to be able to change possition of  Health, squad etc.

The only thing we can do right now is to adjust HUD margins and scale it up/down. While this is good I'd love to have more customization.

Player info (Health/buffs etc) being in top right corner is too far away for my personal tastes.  

From the technical standpoint it may be good to implement a Grid setup. Whole screen is a grid and UI elements stick to the grid in different spaces. Example in spoiler. (Yes it is a bit different game but it is here only for the point.)

Spoiler

0ggK0fr.jpg

P.S: Probabbly won't be implemented anytime soon. But I would love to have more improvements to UI.

Spoiler

P.S.S. And yes I know that with floating menus this probably won't work with other menus.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/82594996612946729/BE386F36BA5556CB260FE485A82CAA41C2DD1400/

Edited by ThorNecrovitar

15 minutes ago, ThorNecrovitar said:ontents

P.S.S. And yes I know that with floating menus this probably won't work with other menus.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/82594996612946729/BE386F36BA5556CB260FE485A82CAA41C2DD1400/

-

Good luck asking for it.

I PM'd DE regarding a idea for reducing enviroment effects (snows/ flowing waters, etc) along with a option to reduce player's ability effects/colourings. Since U8-9ish?

1 minute ago, low1991 said:

Good luck asking for it.

I PM'd DE regarding a idea for reducing enviroment effects (snows/ flowing waters, etc) along with a option to reduce player's ability effects/colourings. Since U8-9ish?

I'm aware that it is not likely to happen any time soon. But hey, I'm a patient one. As long the request/idea exists it may be implemented.

1 minute ago, ThorNecrovitar said:

I'm aware that it is not likely to happen any time soon. But hey, I'm a patient one. As long the request/idea exists it may be implemented.

Is why i wish you good luck, I wish i'm a patient person like you.

3 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

All I want is to be able to move and resize parts of the HUD.

I think DE is a bit too cautious about making changes that have any relation to MMOs. This would be a good change.

I only brought the MMO as an example. Customizeable UI is not exclusive to MMOs. It's a shame that a lot of developers decide not to do customizeable HUD.

9 minutes ago, ThorNecrovitar said:

I only brought the MMO as an example. Customizeable UI is not exclusive to MMOs.

I know it's not, but it's the argument people usually bring up, and I just get the feeling DE is trying to avoid those things.