Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What frame should i use?

(PSN)drahkel

Question

So i'm at a standstill right now i've finally realized my frame sucks. I use frost prime all the time which is my favourite frame but i basically keep getting 1 hit by enemies in the final sortie. I'm looking for a CC frame but also something that is sort of a tank as i do not want to be downed easily by level 80-100 enemies.I do not want a support frame i'm all about offense. So no frames like EV trinity, or frames like loki who their best ability is invisibility or disarm. I'm very picky when it comes to frames

Edited by (PS4)drahkel

Inaros.

4K+ HP and the ability to get most of it back instantly with finishers, which he can set up with his cheap #1 ability. Tons of armor. Proc immunity with the augment. Add in arcanes and syndicate procs that heal by a % of max health or buff armor and he lives up to his theme very well.

Edited by VKhaun

5 minutes ago, Strykerclaw96 said:

So basically Rhino or Nidus is what you're asking for.

I certainly hope not. Rhino is a noob frame. I used rhino for abourt a year and a half when i joined and he's such a boring frame. As for nidus she is an alright frame but i don't like how she only has health. However my biggest issue with her is that while yes she does get pretty strong once you get her stacks. However, i find it a little difficult for myself to get stacks, and when you're in high level missions with S#&$ tons of nullifiers they take all your stacks away and it was a waste of time. Unless she has stacks you basically can't play her

3 minutes ago, (PS4)drahkel said:

I certainly hope not. Rhino is a noob frame. I used rhino for abourt a year and a half when i joined and he's such a boring frame. As for nidus she is an alright frame but i don't like how she only has health. However my biggest issue with her is that while yes she does get pretty strong once you get her stacks. However, i find it a little difficult for myself to get stacks, and when you're in high level missions with S#&$ tons of nullifiers they take all your stacks away and it was a waste of time. Unless she has stacks you basically can't play her

nidus is a he not a she. but ya high level corpus are a pain with him.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)drahkel said:

1. Rhino is not a noob frame if you know what you're doing. His stomp is great CC, his Iron Skin can get to absurd levels if you do it right and Roar is a useful buff.
2. Nidus isn't a she, but that's not important.
3. Nullifiers aren't a big deal anymore since you can disable their bubbles. If you can't do that, just stay clear so someone else can take them out first. It's not that hard if you've got a team that actually wants to work together. And considering his passive dying isn't a big deal if you can get and keep at least 15 stacks before dying again. Using your 1+2 makes getting stacks easy.

The least you can do when you ask for advice is to not complain and nitpick when you get a response.

Edited by Strykerclaw96

Frost Prime shouldn't be getting 1-shot very easily. He's no tank, but he'd not squishy either. Against Grineer and infested, he has enough health and armor to take almost every, if not every, hit he would take. Corpus would be an issue, but Frost Prime has enough shields to take a lot of their puncture damage. Icy Avalanche is also something to consider. I'm not sure how it works, but it should boost your EHP by quite a lot. Frost is my least favorite warframe, but I wouldn't say he's bad, barring being annoying with Snow Globe and Avalancse at time, which is why he's my least favorite.

Besides Frost, there are quite a few warframes who can be offensive at sortie level. If you're looking for high survivability there's Ash, Chroma, Oberon (my main), and Valkyr.

32 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

A CC frame that is also somewhat tank-y? I'd suggest Frost Prime :P

He's also my most-played frame and I've never had troubles with him in T3 sorties.

Well i love me my frost prime however mine has 730 health and 520 shield but it gets demolished against level 80-100 level enemies i basically get one hit and i'm dead

28 minutes ago, Strykerclaw96 said:

1. Rhino is not a noob frame if you know what you're doing. His stomp is great CC, his Iron Skin can get to absurd levels if you do it right and Roar is a useful buff.
2. Nidus isn't a she, but that's not important.
3. Nullifiers aren't a big deal anymore since you can disable their bubbles. If you can't do that, just stay clear so someone else can take them out first. It's not that hard if you've got a team that actually wants to work together. And considering his passive dying isn't a big deal if you can get and keep at least 15 stacks before dying again. Using your 1+2 makes getting stacks easy.

The least you can do when you ask for advice is to not complain and nitpick when you get a response.

I said i am picky with my frames and stating why they won't work for me. Don't like it just don't post. Rhino is a boring frame and rhino is way over used. Pretty much i can join a random game anywhere and there's at least 1 rhino in the party

Edited by (PS4)drahkel
rgrgr

1 minute ago, (PS4)drahkel said:

I said i am picky with my frames and stating why they won't work for me. Don't like it just don't post

There's a difference between being picky and just being oblivious on how to properly utilize frames.

1 minute ago, Strykerclaw96 said:

There's a difference between being picky and just being oblivious on how to properly utilize frames.

It's kind of funny how you're going against everything you're complaining about. Here you are complaining that i am complaining. Again don't like it, leave

42 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

Inaros.

4K+ HP and the ability to get most of it back instantly with finishers, which he can set up with his cheap #1 ability. Tons of armor. Proc immunity with the augment. Add in arcanes and syndicate procs that heal by a % of max health or buff armor and he lives up to his theme very well.

Only thing is i don't have inaros, i did get all his parts than when i took a year break came back and was leveling and formaing all my frames so that when i do raids if i need a certain build i got enough formas to make the build and since than i have tried to get the last 2 parts again but i've tried with a few squads and just can't get it

31 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Get Mesa. Her 2 gives you and a squadmate AoE CC, her 3 for 95% ranged damage reduction, her 4 for your massacre needs (bring a well-modded secondary built for Peacemaker).

Didn't mesa's peacekeeper ability get a massive nurf and now she's basically useless? i used to see mesa used frequently but never overused and now since the nurf i never seen any

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Darth-Escar said:

Frost Prime shouldn't be getting 1-shot very easily. He's no tank, but he'd not squishy either. Against Grineer and infested, he has enough health and armor to take almost every, if not every, hit he would take. Corpus would be an issue, but Frost Prime has enough shields to take a lot of their puncture damage. Icy Avalanche is also something to consider. I'm not sure how it works, but it should boost your EHP by quite a lot. Frost is my least favorite warframe, but I wouldn't say he's bad, barring being annoying with Snow Globe and Avalancse at time, which is why he's my least favorite.

Besides Frost, there are quite a few warframes who can be offensive at sortie level. If you're looking for high survivability there's Ash, Chroma, Oberon (my main), and Valkyr.

Well, he was getting one hit wondered in the last sortie mission the other day. level 80-100 enemies. Wasn't even a very hard assassination it was against the hyena pack and i kept getting the most amount of downs. Basically as soon as i got back up i was instantly dead again and my build is as good as i can make it myself. Have 630 armour, 740 health NS 525 shield. I was never really an ash person his only good ability in my opinion is blade strike and that nurfed to hell have to have walked past the enemies or something like that to be able to attack them. Chroma might do i haven't really played him just leveled him up so i guess i'll give him a try though, his abilities are kinda lame he basically has 3 buffs and 1 offense and i never use any of the buffs i am strictly a offensive person. oberon i have never liked when i first used him i could not wait to level him up for mastery so i never had to use him it, and to be honest it took me about a week just to get him to level 30 because i would do one game of something and just switch characters. As for valkyr also never tried really so will give her a try but a downside to her is that her hysteria is strictly a melee ability which is kinda lame but whatever. Hysteria is also the only ability i'd use from her though

5 hours ago, (PS4)drahkel said:

So i'm at a standstill right now i've finally realized my frame sucks. I use frost prime all the time which is my favourite frame but i basically keep getting 1 hit by enemies in the final sortie. I'm looking for a CC frame but also something that is sort of a tank as i do not want to be downed easily by level 80-100 enemies.I do not want a support frame i'm all about offense. So no frames like EV trinity, or frames like loki who their best ability is invisibility or disarm. I'm very picky when it comes to frames

The best way to defend yourself is by attacking first and from Far.

I use in sorties Ash, and blade storm enemies before they even see me or close enough to shoot me.

You might wanna give it a try, get the hand of it and soon it will become your favorite

4 hours ago, (PS4)drahkel said:

Didn't mesa's peacekeeper ability get a massive nurf and now she's basically useless? i used to see mesa used frequently but never overused and now since the nurf i never seen any

Once you get past the nerf and mod the secondary, Peacemaker still wipes enemies clean from your screen. She's a hidden gem... you don't see her often mostly because she's locked behind Mutalist Alad V's navs, key, and RNG.

The thing is you have to pick the frames based on the mission. Frost is not a sucky frame by any stretch of imagination but maybe he was not suited for that mission. Any frame can be one shot depending on the damage and conditions. 

I used a Inaros for that Hyena pack assasination. We have 2 inaros, 1 loki and a nova in squad and we still got one shot. We revived and completed the mission. Finally a sortie mission where I couldn't just cheese through it. 

To really test out the builds for warframe just test them first in the Simulacrum... Design challenge was much harder than the sortie as I actually failed the mission the first few times. Then realized a Nyx would be great for it and completed it. 

6 hours ago, Strykerclaw96 said:

So basically Rhino or Nidus is what you're asking for.

Rhino is great, but doesn't scale so well. Easy to get, and easy to mod for.

Nidus is difficult to farm, but is defiantly something to work towards. However, he's not very mobile, and relies heavily on near constant use of his first ability to acquire stacks. Rage + Quick Thinking builds are a good way to prevent stack loss.

6 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

A CC frame that is also somewhat tank-y? I'd suggest Frost Prime :P

He's also my most-played frame and I've never had troubles with him in T3 sorties.

Frost is great. He can strip armor and his bubble is the penultimate defense. Chilling Globe + Power Strength and Armor mods are the way to go for defensive builds utilizing Snow Globe. Note that a Snow Globe's health can stack with repeated casts until reaching a maximum combined health of one million! As long as nullifiers don't pop the globe and you keep casting, Frost's globe is basically invulnerable.

Edited by YourBusDriver
Format

4 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Once you get past the nerf and mod the secondary, Peacemaker still wipes enemies clean from your screen. She's a hidden gem... you don't see her often mostly because she's locked behind Mutalist Alad V's navs, key, and RNG.

Well i might give her a try than but i am really not looking for a frame that stands in one spot and doesn't require any work. Looking more for something like a frost where his avalanche ability can freeze enemies and than i can just start attacking

3 hours ago, YourBusDriver said:

Rhino is great, but doesn't scale so well. Easy to get, and easy to mod for.

Nidus is difficult to farm, but is defiantly something to work towards. However, he's not very mobile, and relies heavily on near constant use of his first ability to acquire stacks. Rage + Quick Thinking builds are a good way to prevent stack loss.

Frost is great. He can strip armor and his bubble is the penultimate defense. Chilling Globe + Power Strength and Armor mods are the way to go for defensive builds utilizing Snow Globe. Note that a Snow Globe's health can stack with repeated casts until reaching a maximum combined health of one million! As long as nullifiers don't pop the globe and you keep casting, Frost's globe is basically invulnerable.

That's the problem though, i don't want to use a defense build i want something CC where i can actually do the work if i use a defense frost i may as well use something like rhino for iron skin  or valkyr with her hysteria where she basically takes no damage in that ability

4 hours ago, Kusungphak said:

The thing is you have to pick the frames based on the mission. Frost is not a sucky frame by any stretch of imagination but maybe he was not suited for that mission. Any frame can be one shot depending on the damage and conditions. 

I used a Inaros for that Hyena pack assasination. We have 2 inaros, 1 loki and a nova in squad and we still got one shot. We revived and completed the mission. Finally a sortie mission where I couldn't just cheese through it. 

To really test out the builds for warframe just test them first in the Simulacrum... Design challenge was much harder than the sortie as I actually failed the mission the first few times. Then realized a Nyx would be great for it and completed it. 

For me i am more of a one frame kind of person.I use my frost on every mission, defense, interception, survival, rescues, and even though everyone will disagree but even spies, i don't have a problem getting to the terminal unnoticed using my frost i don't like having to change my frame because many times i will get right into the mission and forget i'm using that frame like before i started getting decent at the missions and realized i could use my frost for everything i'd use a loki for his invisibility than i'd complete the mission and i'd forget what i'm using and just go to other missions like a defense with a loki just doesn't work for me.As for builds i can't make really good builds i just don't understand what mods to put on one weapon like if i am using a crit gun i put all my crit mods on it and it's S#&$ so i just use warframe builder and the builds are way better than mine but they're just not good enough for what i need them to go to, for example i'm in my friends clan and he was farming mutagen samples for the clans research for the hema and he made it to 2 hours 30 minutes in ODS i want a frame and weapons that can get me to go this long without dying so many times. On any survival game right around the 60 minute mark is where my frost just dies every 5 seconds

Cant help you much then as I change frames depending on mission. I even have different configuration builds for each of the frames. 

Slow Nova, Fast Nova, Max Range Rhino, Max Strength Rhino, EV Trinity, Disarm Loki, Max duration loki

Assimilate Nyx is a probably my advice if I have to give any considering you just want to tank damage... I can actually use a crazy tonkor or zarr at point blank range with a invulnerable Nyx

Also no i'm not just complaining about all the frames i have taken a few peoples ideas and so far i'm going to give chroma, inaros,  and i guess will try valkyr out. A person in my clan also suggested hydroid so will give him a try also. As for myself i'm going to give ember a try because world on fire seems like a good cc ability. If anyone has any other suggestion let me know. I may also try nidus again however the fact he relies on stacks makes him kind of useless many games i go into everyone in the party are killing the enemies which screws me royally for getting stacks and the fact that nullifiers get rid of all your stacks make him a bad frame, i mean in so many games there's lots of nullifiers especially if you're at a high level enemies it seems like almost all the enemies are nullifiers