Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please get Tennogen items with plat too

Gabbynaru

So, another round of Tennogen, another few days of depression. Yay...

Seriously, Tennogen items look so incredibly good, just seeing them makes me depressed that I can't buy them. With Captura nowadays, seeing them is much easier than you think. Before, I only saw them once in a devsteam and that's about it, I play solo. Now, captura pics are all over social media... It's freakin' hard to avoid them.

Honestly, when I started this game, you were able to buy everything with platinum. Didn't like the looks of your warframe? Well, maybe that Immortal Skin could change that. But nowadays, immortal skins are nowhere to be found. Seriously, I'm using Mirage with the Christmas skin, cause that's the only one I could buy for her. And while Deluxe Skins are awesome and I have them all (for the warframes I use), there will always be just 1 Deluxe Skin for a warframe. Most Warframes probably have a lot more Tennogen Skins that I can't buy... Which is frankly, infuriating.

Not everyone has the monetary possibility or the ability to buy stuff through Steam. Trust me, I'm not cheap here. But 7 Euros for a skin is a lot in my world. 225 platinum is not. I can work, and I will work towards getting that platinum. It will keep me interested in the game. You want Endgame? Fashion Frame with Tennogen would be one hell of an end game. For me, getting the plat to get all the items in this Tennogen round alone would probably take me until the next Tennogen rounds arrive. That's interesting. I wanna have that goal. But I can't. DE won't allow me that goal.

Seriously, I wanna support the creators of those skins. So, why don't you allow me, DE? Platinum is a currency just as valuable as euros/dollars/pounds are. You made that currency. Let me use it. Please! I beg of you, stop gating the Tennogen items behind Steam. I can't buy stuff on steam, and I'm not the only one. So why must I be punished? I could work hard and play your game for those. Yet you won't allow me.

Please, DE. Be reasonable! Thank you!

I believe the problem lays in Valve/Steam microtransaction model:

if De wabts to give the creators of tennogen skins their part they have to go trough Steam, as they are Steam Workshop items, no way around that.

Would like if this incited De to put iut more skins and accessories developed internally, most of the older skins/armors are quite meh as they clash with most warframes or simply don't look that good at all

You know what I would like to see? Better skins from DE. The recent deluxe skins were great but nowhere near the quality of tennogen stuff. I find it hard to believe sometimes that almost all tennogen skins look better than skins made by DE. 

Or hell, make them hire some of those great artists out there to design new stuff.

Edited by Stoner74

10 minutes ago, That1Cactus said:

Sadly Steam contracts will not let it happen.
Also, I'm very sure that the Tennogen creators would prefer being paid in Real Currencies rather than Platinum for their work.

Interestingly when I create items in the steam workshop for other games I am not paid in real currency and it is fully supported in game. Never worked well with Skyrim & Bethesda when they tried to charge/pay modders with the steam workshop and I be damned but that is way better creation work than tennogen items will ever be.

37 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Platinum is a currency just as valuable as euros/dollars/pounds are.

Short Answer : No.

Long Answer : LOLOLOL NOPE!

Complicated Answer : Because they did this through steam, they cannot sell them any other way except through steam.  Steam wants their % of the profit.  Why do consoles get to buy with plat?  Because DE pays steam for a projected profit on console tennogen items, gives the creator their share and sends it off to consoles in the hopes people will use money to buy plat to purchase tennogen.

Solution : If you want to buy tennogen with plat, play on a console, though you will get limited options and extremely long wait times.

Good Luck.

16 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

Interestingly when I create items in the steam workshop for other games I am not paid in real currency and it is fully supported in game. Never worked well with Skyrim & Bethesda when they tried to charge/pay modders with the steam workshop and I be damned but that is way better creation work than tennogen items will ever be.

True. But there is a big difference between Skyrim and Warframe when it comes to mods. Warframe doesn't exactly allow any chance of having game altering mods like how Skyrim does. Heck Warframe doesn't even have a way to allow client-side mods considering the game is all multiplayer.
Adding that the reason Skyrim's workshop pay-exclusive mods failed is because Skyrim's modding community was always free since the beginning, whereas Warframe never had a modding community due to the game not allowing mods in the way that Skyrim does.

And let's be real here, no one would like the idea of the Tennogen Workshop if we had free mods beforehand.

2 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

Or hell, make them hire some of those great artists out there to design new stuff.

Most deluxe skins were made by a artist player they hired, basicly all the good deluxe skins, the uglyer ones were made by DE, or downgraded by DE, but he no longer does it cuz DE wants to downgrade his skins too much. banshee is a good example:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/1/18/BansheeSkin.png/revision/latest?cb=20151029195241

as you can see, the original one was better but DE downgraded it.

48 minutes ago, Doomerang said:

I'm a Steam user and since u can't buy those Tennogen skins, helmets, etc as a gift, what's the point of adding those to the wishlist ?

I just want to buy a helmet as a gift for my friend but seems that's impossible...

From what I know they can't be gifted because they're being bought through Steam's market, and not DE's, so there's no easy system to put in place to gift them from one account to another. So far, the best way I know of to "gift" them, is to do something like buy them a Steam gift card and have them buy it themselves.