Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How warframe makes me feel.

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

Not sure how to start this ( or even why...)

So, a Wukong, an Ember, a Nova, and an Octavia are on uranus in an infested survival.

Ill just explain how this one single mission went and how it encapsulates everything i think is wrong with this game. Of course, please be warned opinion does not equal fact, i usually clearly title the points im making as opinion, but dont feel like it today. Just read the whole thing as one big opinion...beacuse thats what most posts are...? (TL;DR at bottom)

At some point in this game, weapons started outclassing frames. And so now you just have the issue of keeping yourself alive. A frame is really only a means to an end, a playable character that relies on weapons to gather resources to build better weapons. Doesnt matter which character, the weapon is the key part of it all. I could use nidus for blatant immortality, but id have to spam a power....wukong is the easiest solution. 

And before this game took that turn down this road or maybe during that time, we were going to recieve syndicate melee. I thought it would be a bad idea for them to copy the also bad idea of free Aoe damage procs. Weapons were getting stronger while frames were getting weaker (chroma versus ignis one tiny example). So, was glad they didnt get the procs, but unimpressed with what ended up happening. Now, someone (including myself in the midst of arguing against this) apparently forgot things like the dark dagger and dual cleavers exist. (All the damage procs should be mods just saying, your not just gaining free damage for nothing, nerf all the fun)

Also Zenurik. No greater evil (besides naramon) has ever graced this game. Thats how i used to feel when i still cared. Of course i use it now, how else do you beat the nonsense put in to reduce power spam?

So, at some point i gave up on the idea that warframe was infamous/crysis/dynasty warriors (i dont like dynasty warriors)...and just did by any means whatever would get me the most rewards the fastest without using the meta. while using some meta...

And so yes, i run wukong and only use defy, and run around with dual clevers. A syndicate marelok. And syndicate penta. Because i can blow myself up and not die. 

Dont ask me how i feel about what they did to Volt.

"But you forgot about crowd control"

Anyways, so to cut to the end of the story, a wukong with dual prisma cleavers had more kills than an Ember, a Nova and whatever Octavia does. Octavia isnt really apart of the problem, she was just there, and off beat...

More kills doesnt really mean much. I mean, by default the Ember was running around with World on fire on, and the Nova was spamming Molecular prime, normal stuff, but there was only a body count of 30 between me and the Ember, and you could even say the nova helped...except:

1). NOVA IS TOO SQUISHY FOR HER OWN GOOD.

At no point in any normal situation with level 40/50/60 enemies am im thinking, "oh no, i really wish nova was here". Molecular prime tradtionally in my mind is for cheesey farming, cheesing events, and cheesing endurance runs. Im actually really salty when one shows up, because all of the fun instantly vanishes out of the room, and i have to leave the entire area the nova is in.

But, when they go down, i feel an obligation to save them, something left over from a different time...sometimes i start back in that direction, but change my mind and keep doing what im doin. Iv grown colder.

For the Nova, every situation seems to be life or death past 40, she probably rivals banshee is squishiness. Molecular prime is an important tool in her kit to keep her alive...

TANGENT: MAYBE IF WARFRAMES HAD MORE THAN ONE OR TWO USEFUL POWERS.... 

alright.

The Ember.

2. Embers needs to have more control over world on fire.

this one isnt in all caps, because its not really a real solution i have to a problem im not even really sure is the root problem. I do, however believe that this skill needs to be more interactive (like how i wish they would have taken a more shadow of mordor approach to blade storm instead of marking enemies first and then still doing a cinematic movie with blade storm, bbbbuuuuttttt i digress.)

But for real, something that allieviates player frustration with other Embers and also gives Ember more control over World on fire would be (wait for it...) Something like shadow of mordor

*generic guy goes across screen holding face in dibelief, awesome plot twist meme* 

So World on fire could do lots of things, maybe work like old over heat which is what people even older than me in warframe years remember, but actually burn things that have been covered in accelerant, maybe even work with fireball (which does nothing at the moment).

Again. FIRE BALL DOES NOTHING. IRON JAB DOES MORE NOTHING. NULL STAR DOES SO MUCH NOTHING, IT COULD PLACE NUMBER ONE IN A YOU TUBE LIST OF TOP 10 WARFRAME POWERS THAT DO NOTHING.

3. octavia needs to come with music lessons....

So, the reason i was on an infested survival on uranus was because i needed ressources. That is the next point. 

4. If i wanted to play a game that wasnt really fun, but was based on investing ludicrous amounts of time into harvesting ressources for tech and gear locked behind multiple time gates, followed by more time sucking...i would play a mobile game, so that i could still enjoy the outside world, and maybe even go to work like a normal person. Looking at my screen, i have 574 plastids for 15 minutes of my life i will never get back. And no, im not asking for the best place to farm.

One suggestion: wouldnt it be cool of you had only a certain amount of ressources your ship could hold (that you could upgrade with platinum, and DE makes money), so that maybe missions could award more ressources, and the world could be a happier place. Well, not happier, nor cool, but statute of limitations as per warframe law dictates if something good is doen, an equal evil muat be commited to ensure balance.

What happens when you reach the limit? You drop them off in a bank at the relay before you can get more, or take them to your clan and put them in research (or maybe the vault). You trade them. Whatever. You have a limit. It just is.

5. Solo survival sucks. Its lonely. And unless your nekros, eventually youll starve to death from a lack of enemies amd life support. So i have to go public. But public sucks. So....

6. Missiona besides survival that give decent amounts or rewards with minimal amount of time looking at loading screens

....?

Defense is even lonlier than survival solo, and i loathe camping.

Interception is ok, but theres an actual chance of failing the mission solo (no rewards) and no one public ever wamts to stay longer than the first wave, which brings up the first point. (Wish survival extracted the way interception does).

SUGGESTION: MAYBE IF YOU KEPT THE RESOURCES YOU HAD GATHERED UP TO THE POINT OF MISSION FAILURE, BUT FORFEITED CREDIT PAYMENT, IT WOULDNT BE SO BAD TO FAIL AN HOUR LONG MISSION, AND CHEESIMG WOULD NOT BE NECESSARY, AND PEOPLE COULD START ENJOYING FARMING, WHICH IS A NECESSARY PART OF THIS GAME (for some reason.) IN FACT, MAYBE IF MORE EMPHASIS WAS PLACE ON GAME PLAY ENJOYEMENT INSTEAD OF TIME PLAYED (LOGGED IN/AFK)....im done.

I guess ill just end this now.

TL;DR : Nova and Ember both suck for the same reason most people hate Ember and give Nova a pass. Nova needs more health and a better kit to rely less on molecular prime which has its uses, but doesnt need to be used all the time at every moment by the rest of team ( unless you like that kind of thing). Ember needs more control over when and how World on fire is used. Octavia needs to stay on beat. Farming is overrated. I wish this game was infamous. Also, i dont really mind anyone playstyle or music choice, im sure if i had octavia, it wouldnt be any better.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

At no point in any normal situation with level 40/50/60 enemies am im thinking, "oh no, i really wish nova was here". Molecular prime tradtionally in my mind is for cheesey farming, cheesing events, and cheesing endurance runs. Im actually really salty when one shows up, because all of the fun instantly vanishes out of the room, and i have to leave the entire area the nova is in.

But, when they go down, i feel an obligation to save them, something left over from a different time...sometimes i start back in that direction, but change my mind and keep doing what im doin. Iv grown colder.

For the Nova, every situation seems to be life or death past 40, she probably rivals banshee is squishiness. Molecular prime is an important tool in her kit to keep her alive...

TANGENT: MAYBE IF WARFRAMES HAD MORE THAN ONE OR TWO USEFUL POWERS....

Well, one way to not die as nova is QT, the other is skill. And Nova has 3 useful powers. Most people dont even use AMD. They just spam MPrime.

7 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Well, one way to not die as nova is QT, the other is skill. And Nova has 3 useful powers. Most people dont even use AMD. They just spam MPrime.

Is null star useful? Is it really?

Thats the thing, in warframe, everything can be argued to have a use, but there is always something that does that things job better. 

Regardless of why the nova dies, this is that "but it is impacting the way i enjoy the game" argument, so i could see where you might be skeptical.

Im imagining a nova that does not need to spam molecular prime (although she still has the ability) because her kit as a whole does more to keep her alive. Maybe the kit and her health are not the problem. But the spamming annoys me, so i came here to say something about it.

10 minutes ago, Xardis said:

It hurts when I see novas not using her AMD at all... And worm hole is actually a pretty good escape skill.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Is null star useful? Is it really?

Not Null Star, everything other is usefull. If DE didnt "fix it" and remove stagger from its hits this would make it 4 powers, not 3.

As to spamming - most frames have this problem, you dont like it, fine, I wont dispute that. I didnt like Mirage spamilor. Even if DE did almost nothing nerf it, they stopped popping up, at least for me.

17 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Not Null Star, everything other is usefull. If DE didnt "fix it" and remove stagger from its hits this would make it 4 powers, not 3.

As to spamming - most frames have this problem, you dont like it, fine, I wont dispute that. I didnt like Mirage spamilor. Even if DE did almost nothing nerf it, they stopped popping up, at least for me.

Balance is fine and well :)

-edit- spamming is cool too, but when its less intrusive. Like banshees soundquake with/without visual effects. But trying to explain how it could be different always makes it sound like a nerf.

(they nerfed mirage?)

Theres a difference between balanced and ineffective. (Google search synonyms for useless).

This is why i spend a lot of time complaining about how weapons>warframes, and this game isnt infamous...(infamous does powers so right).

If you have 4 powers, all 4 should work and work well. Not do what ever iron jab, fire ball, null star, spectral scream, and etc do v.s. what Defy, World on fire, Molecular prime, and *vex armor*, etc do.

Also, by in game definition, soul puch should do literally what titanias second(?) ability does. But it doesnt. It does alot less.

But this Is warframe, not infamous, and ninjas use weapons. I guess i should be glad we have powers at all.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Simply saying, the spamminess can be dealt away with less of a nerf than a revision to how a kit can be used.

2 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

most people hate Ember and give Nova a pass

Really? Nova was SO popular, they rushed making her prime to please player cutting in front of 2-3 other female frames in the prime list...

Ember is hated cause she kills too much on low-mid tier missions with little to now player interaction so I agree some changes of control may be needed.

Just now, Major_Phantom said:

Really? Nova was SO popular, they rushed making her prime to please player cutting in front of 2-3 other female frames in the prime list...

Ember is hated cause she kills too much on low-mid tier missions with little to now player interaction so I agree some changes of control may be needed.

Thats what i mean. But they fail for the same reason. They have an ultimate that begs to be spammed with kits that dont offer much in the way of an argument not to. Most people give nova a pass because she doesnt directly steal kills, but if you were actually trying to have fun and enjoy a challenge...welp.

I dont think either frame can go without an oberon treatment. *in comes corny infomercial music*

Oberon is great. Just tried him out. Every other ability perform better than it did before, offering something other than standing on the defense pod and spamming 4, although you still can.

Ember and Nova should get the same

cough* Volts rework sucks*cough.