Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE, what direction do you want to take Volt? Help us with Feedback

Actually CC does work if you range at 200% for Volt 4 is amazingly good next to Nova and Limbo range. Otherwise, having a range of Frost Globe does seem really off. 

Volt is like an inspiration of Flash, I even saw a cool post about having the speed ability to do that!

On the side note: I feel Volt need a shield buff to 600 at max, so possibly to get around 2,000 base shield. 

Like Chroma who also suffer the effect of being left at performance and needed stats. Chroma need a 600 at max if possible. Otherwise, I don't mind new Frame like Nidus getting a buff in hp too.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

Yes. I want to know DE's thoughts. How long does it take to change a description? Hmm... 

If you are holding out for an actual response from DE on this thread, you will be waiting for a very very very ad nauseam long ASF time.  Everyone wants DE to weigh in on their ideas, thoughts, suggestions, concepts.  It just doesn't happen.

Volt does need a change ... sorta like Oberon's change
(note these are at Max Rank)
#1- Shock = 350 Electricity / Ark 7 Enemies with in 15m / Either needs to Scale damage based on how many chains in a cast .. Like a feedback effect. Stunned Enemies should have a flash that shows the 50% damage to enemies near the target impacted or chained to , like an arc trap being destroyed
#2- Speed = Fine as is but needs to Effect Holster speed and Knock down recovery as well
#3- Electric Shield = Fine as is
#4- Dischage = Enemy self damage 350 per tick, 8000 damage cap, Hitting an enemy affected by Discharge with Shock should send a wave through all enemies affected damaging them, But not adding to the chain effect, the enemies close to Tesla'd enemies well be hit by shock and it's effects even if outside the chain's range as long as it's through the discharge's affect range

Synergies -
Besides the Shockwave Effect with Shock and Discharge and Shock on E.Shield
Casting Discharge while being affected by Speed should cancel speed and dump the duration left into the the duration for Discharge

and to change his description
A powerful controller of movement on the field, speeding passed danger or stopping hordes at his feet
good for players that want to amplify gunplay and melee

Edited by Dragonofdarkness13

1 hour ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Volt is fine. Everything is fine. His description is the only thing that needs changing.

Volt is fine and description needs changing. However this topic was asking from the start of it to be about opinions of Volt and become derailed on the get go.

The only thing I really don't like about him is how Discharge has a damage cap that renders it useless against Corpus, making its actual Duration a lie against pretty much all factions.

Otherwise, he's perfectly fine, albeit I do hope for a few more QoL tweaks, such as his 4 charging up any nearby Electric Shields, much like his 1 does, as well as some visual cue for enemies that have been supercharged by Volt's 1 while being stunned by his 4.

As for a new title, maybe something along the lines of "controlling the battlefield" and "adding to gunplay" would be better.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

8 hours ago, (PS4)CaptainIMalik said:

Before any of you say, "I am fine with how Volt currently is", okay that's fine but that's not what the point of this thread. Nor am I talking about improving him. But rather an aspect of feedback I would like DE to help with. 

As far as I'm aware, there are two sides of the spectrum. The first side of the spectrum is they're completely fine about Volt being a CC frame and the other side is that they want him to meet his description in end game. 

But the thing is, while many are happy with how Volt is and many with how Volt isn't, who should DE listen to? What path does DE want to stick or want to take? They still have yet to change his description so maybe that means there is hope or maybe there isn't. 

What kind of feedback do you want in this aspect? If I say, Volt does not meet his description of high damaging and being an alternative to gunplay because so and so... is that the kind of feedback you want? Or is DE themselves completely fine with Volt not being damaging? 

I personally would like this long silence to break. 

~Thoughts~

It might help to like this post

his description needs changed, the did rework him awhile ago so idk they may never touch him again like they did with the rework, and by the way don't respond to people, they just kind of blow things out of proportion 

Before any of you say, "I am fine with how Volt currently is", okay that's fine but that's not what the point of this thread. Nor am I talking about improving him. But rather an aspect of feedback I would like DE to help with. 

As far as I'm aware, there are two sides of the spectrum. The first side of the spectrum is they're completely fine about Volt being a CC frame and the other side is that they want him to meet his description in end game. 

But the thing is, while many are happy with how Volt is and many with how Volt isn't, who should DE listen to? What path does DE want to stick or want to take? They still have yet to change his description so maybe that means there is hope or maybe there isn't. 

What kind of feedback do you want in this aspect? If I say, Volt does not meet his description of high damaging and being an alternative to gunplay because so and so... is that the kind of feedback you want? Or is DE themselves completely fine with Volt not being damaging? 

~Thoughts~

his description needs changed, they did rework him awhile ago so idk they may never touch him again like they did with the rework, and by the way don't respond to people, they just kind of blow things out of proportion 

Edited by bronzebonobo
well then

~Thoughts~

his description needs changed, they did rework him awhile ago so idk they may never touch him again like they did with the rework, and by the way don't respond to people, they just kind of blow things out of proportion 

Edited by bronzebonobo
this is interesting

~Thoughts~

Edited by bronzebonobo
can we remove the last 3 and leave my first one please?

Reading some of the posts that are in response to CaptainlMalik make me cringe a bit. But back to the topic, DE really needs to do something, either in changing his description, which would be extremely lackluster since a very large number of volt players are not happy with the changes that came with the rework, the thread on his rework is at 86 pages atm. Or fixing the issues with volt, which a lot of them are actually simple quality of life changes.

To quote Tesseract7777 on a different discussion I had with him earlier, he points out flaws that volt has nicely and how the rework didn't change much, nerfed abilities, or was insignificant.

1) His passive has a damage cap of 1000. Seriously. 1000. Why? That is so bad, it might as well not even be there. What a joke. 

2) His (1) basically had no changes at all really. He talked in the first video about it having synergy with Discharge where it would increase damage or anything, but it doesn't seem to actually DO anything extra at all. If it is increasing the damage of discharge, it isn't making any noticeable difference, because of the damage cap. 

3) His speed. They made it recastable, but didn't change the fact it does absolutely nothing to help him with parkour speed, which is how most people get around now. If speed gave him and allies a significant parkour buff as well, it would greatly increase his evasion, helping him stay alive at high levels, and making his speed more relevant in the post parkour 2.0 meta. 

4) Electric Shield stops projectiles, and I don't think the cap is too low per say, but all they did is add more stuff that Volt didn't really need. A riot shield? It drains so much hella energy and only blocks directly from the front that I have never found it that useful, and apart from that they mainly nerfed ES, since you can't use as many. 

Also, way back when they removed a bunch of range increasing interactions because they were "buggy", Volt's rework came and went, many months have gone by, and many of those range buffs seem to have never been added back (I am still SUPER bitter about this, so much so it just makes my blood boil every time I think about it. It was a REAL stealth nerf. They flat out lied and said they were removing it because of bugs, and that the range buffs would come back in a reasonable form, likely doing different interactions with different weapons, and then it NEVER returned. Seriously, still makes me furious every time I think about it. They also destroyed the stacking crit buff back in the day, and didn't do anything to let us increase it with the rework, even with power strength. So many wasted opportunities it makes me sick. 

5) Discharge and its godawful damage cap. It was a cool concept, looked awesome, would be good cc for when damage stops working, but then they add that wful cap. Just totally ruined the ability. What an absolute disaster, and they refuse to reconsider it, sometimes I wonder if they really play the game at all beyond Rebecca and Steve's new Sunday streams. It's really frustrating.

So for the people that are saying volt is fine, he is not. He has some of the worst restrictions on any frame for no reason, making cool abilities he has worthless or making skills end early. Volt is fine at lower levels since the negatives are minimal, but at higher levels with more hp/armor you will notice volt's abilities drop off extremely fast with only speed and electric shield being worthwhile in the late game.

just change the description.

always was one of the most well rounded and versatile frames, rework only made him better.

some (comparatively minor) issues remaining:

balance / design wise:

- restrictions for picking up the shield are probably a bit much, especially for vanilla volt with less base energy. having to switch to secondary is an adequate balancing measure, as well as some energy drain and movement restrictions... but all at the same time? bit much. running over enemies with shields is fun tho.

- passive is a joke indeed. the damage itself is negligible also more control over how to invest the accumulated damage would be appreciated.

- not even sure if that was intentional but: no more activating of ult in air? why?? the animation is even featuring a hop...

- i think alot of volt fans hoped the shield/shock synergy would stop enemies passing through at least once with the usual elec proc, maybe consuming the charge. but no, only shock damage is applied, which really doesn't help that much. my guess is this will be an augment feature in the future tho.

qol:

- no auto switch back to whatever weapon was held before picking up a shield, secondary remains in hand instead. kinda annoying especially considering infamously slow holstering speed. fix please.

- context sensitivity / prioritization of picking up shields still feels borked sometimes.

also:

hotfix 17.4.2.:

"Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving every ranged projectile a 70m default range. Important note: we will be revisiting the design to allow for interesting range interactions with Volt's Shield and guns ASAP."

how soon is asap? i was sure this feature would return with the rework but nope...

it's not that i can't live without it by now, tho i did appreciate it very much and should they no longer work on it i feel at least some official statement would be adequate.

If I recall correctly, Volt was initially envisioned as a damage-dealing Warframe, due to his spammy nature, the chain lightning, the strong ult vs. non-armored units and the lack of crazy-high levels and difficulties available in the game's early phases. Nowadays, pretty much everything about Volt speaks CC and utility, except his description. If the item description is the only thing that is out of place, I think it's safe to say that it's the outlier and should be amended. With the ongoing dev thread asking players to report inaccurate/outdated descriptions of in-game items, this seems to definitely be the case.

In as far as moving in a direction with Volt, I don't really see DE changing him anytime soon. He's a reasonably simple frame with some interesting mechanics and easily accessible powers. He has that late-game switch that Ember has, and he brings a unique game feel with his kit. I mostly see Volt in Invasions and Captures to speedrun the missions, but Volt can be really good in endurance missions as an aggressive caster (not for damage) and/or a defensive support. Personally, thanks to his abundant CC and his 3, he's one of the few shield-reliant frames I take full melee. (I'm pretty excited for the introduction of shield gating.)

Versatile and capable in multiple gameplay styles, Volt's in a good place and doesn't really need to be taken anywhere, imo. If you're asking, I don't think we're ever going to see him as a frame who can rely on his powers alone for damage. Nukers are being phased out in favor of skill, and I'm alright with this.

Edited by SenorClipClop