Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Contest: Warframe Cosplay on a Budget!

[DE]Megan

FDnDBnf.jpg

TennoCon 2017 is fast approaching! Get your creative skills ready for the big day by cosplaying any Warframe themed character/object with a budget of $20.00 USD. Who ever said you can’t defeat Tyl Regor in a Warframe made with construction paper, scented markers, and superglue? Get creative!

How to enter:
Cosplay any Warframe themed character/object with a budget of $20.00 USD (max before taxes) for materials. Share the list of materials and photos here!

OR 

Tweet your Warframe themed cosplay and list of materials on Twitter with the hashtag #CosplayOnABudget to enter the contest (You must be following the @PlayWarframe Twitter) 

Need an example?
uw79d7J.jpg

Atlas and Alad V!! :corpus:

Rules:
•    One submission per player
•    Your submission must include a list of the materials used to create your Warframe Cosplay
•    Cosplay must be appropriate for the Forums
•    You may choose to dress yourself up or someone else, but the cosplay concept itself must come from you
•    You must be following the @PlayWarframe Twitter if you submit through Twitter
•    Twitter submission must include the hashtag #CosplayOnABudget and follow these rules
•    Do not post on both Twitter and Forums. Choose one location.
•    Cosplay must be Warframe related
•    Do not reserve spots in this thread
•    Submissions that do not follow these rules will be disqualified

Prizes:
1st place – 1000 Platinum + your design attempted by your Prime Time hosts!
2nd place – 750 Platinum!
3rd place – 500 Platinum!
4th place – 250 Platinum!
5th place – 100 Platinum!

Winners will be determined based on creativity used to create any Warframe themed character/object cosplay using cheap materials with a budget of $20.00 USD max!

This contest starts now until June 1st at 1:00 p.m. ET! 

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE!

:community:

Just now, MarrikBroom said:

What are rules for if you have avalible materials around? Such as branches for Oberon's antlers, repurposing existing clothes, and the like? Plus what about those who already have a hot glue gun/thread/etc vs those that don't?

Available materials are free game. You can absolutely use items that you have/borrowed for your Cosplay. 

Any materials that you need to purchase count towards your $20 USD limit. Sharing is caring :community:!

God, my Wife was working on an amazing Sniper Crewman Outfit and I'm just barely finishing the 1/4th Scale Ratel.... And then I need to make a Lanka and Prova, UGH, I'LL NEVER FINISH IN TIME D:

:sad:

EDIT: Okay, whoa, thought this was just a Cosplay, not a Budget Cosplay. I misread this thread, Whoops XD

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36
My bad.

I feel like prolly not, but wanted to check, if we buy something, unrelated to the costume, and use the cardboard from its packaging in our costume, that product does not count to the 20$ right, since we would have had that cardboard anyway? 

Ex: Girlfriend wants me to go buy a new fan for the bedroom today, said buy whatever kind as long as its strong. But part of my idea for my costume came from the fact that I saw this contest shortly after she told me that and shortly after receiving another large package in the mail, which made me realize, "hey I'm about to have a lot of cardboard in the house" and gave me the idea I have. So since I'm not buying these thing to use in the costume, buy the fact that I'm buying them already inspired my costume, is that cool or? 

Edited by FriedCircuit

Is there a limit on the tools we can use?

Being, a lot of recycled cardboard, water, and time can make a free block of material to carve and sand.  Then a cheap layer of paper and paints presto- high detail cosplay components.

13 minutes ago, SweetJackal said:

Is there a limit on the tools we can use?

Being, a lot of recycled cardboard, water, and time can make a free block of material to carve and sand.  Then a cheap layer of paper and paints presto- high detail cosplay components.

Cardboard costumes sounds exactly in keeping with the whole costume on a budget theme!

In fact, pro tip: go to your local grocery store on their garbage collection day. Ask them if you can take some of their cardboard off their hands: since they have to pay to haul it away, you'll probably wind up saving them money by taking it from them for free.

Well, anyway, that's what my amateur theatre group does when they need construction material for props/set pieces/the occasional costume piece...